• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Derailing a serious topic with continuous and condescending pedantry. Previously banned for severe infractions.
Again, do you know what natural means in regards to black hair care?

Products for natural hair care
Different from
Natural products for hair care

It's obvious from context I'm referring to the latter

devious.one

Oct 25, 2017
Just went in the bedroom to check what my GF uses; a whole slew of Taliah Waajid products? Doesn't seem to be on the initial list. But i'll do some research

OP
OP
Nepenthe

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Which shows you don't know what the flying fuck you're talking about.

Every other poster in this thread inherently understood the context of the topic (hint: no one else in this thread has said never to use anything synthetic, because that's not what "natural hair" means in the context of discussing black hair. Are you upset over the title? Really?) and has engaged in good faith posting regarding their own personal experiences and product recommendations.

It's also obvious from this and many other contexts across this forum that you are only here just to argue a pedantic point not only because you thought you found a logical fallacy, but because it was of the upmost importance that you let us all know you found one, not because the subject actually has any meaningful real-world value for you. Fuck the damage that me and other black folks have inadvertently done to our hair and health.

That's not important. What you found most important was the (wrong) presumption that we're all a bunch of hippies who shun chemicals and you just had to let us know how wrong we were.

So congratulations to you Boiled Goose. You did it; you successfully initiated a derail and have gotten me beside myself that I'm having to explain to a non-black person what the fuck "natural" means.

Thank your lucky stars it is not February.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Easily one of the worst reports I've read this year, it's despicable how the harm from these products correlates with the stigma of assimilation in regards to black hair care.

I'm not surprised the FDA doesn't give a shit, I'm surprised how drastic the harm skews based on difference of ethnic products and their contents.

These products being so much more harmful than their white counterparts, it seems targeted and insidious in nature

I agree with all this except I don't think the FDA has ever regulated haircare products. It's not legislated in their function, so this is what you see with unregulated product industries. That's why I try to buy haircare brands from Europe like L'Oreal where I know they have to adhere to stricter standards globally because of the European Commission. And I'm not telling you to do that, especially since I don't have natural black hair so I have no idea if the European brands carry the products you need. So, the fact that American black hair products are significantly more risky than white products is an unfortunate form of systemic racism.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Products for natural hair care
Different from
Natural products for hair care

None of the articles in the OP or the PDF mention "Natural" in the latter context. It's only the OP who first mentions going "Natural", which is in regards to the former.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Every other poster in this thread inherently understood the context of the topic (hint: no one else in this thread has said never to use anything synthetic, because that's not what "natural hair" means in the context of discussing black hair. Are you upset over the title? Really?) and has engaged in good faith posting regarding their own personal experiences and product recommendations.

It's also obvious from this and many other contexts across this forum that you are only here just to argue a pedantic point not only because you thought you found a logical fallacy, but because it was of the upmost importance that you let us all know you found one, not because the subject actually has any meaningful real-world value for you. Fuck the damage that me and other black folks have inadvertently done to our hair and health.

That's not important. What you found most important was the (wrong) presumption that we're all a bunch of hippies who shun chemicals and you just had to let us know how wrong we were.

So congratulations to you Boiled Goose. You did it; you successfully initiated a derail and have gotten me beside myself that I'm having to explain to a non-black person what the fuck "natural" means.

Lawd.

I suspect that will be Mr. Goose's last post in the thread. Unless he tenders an apology, which would be wildly out of character for them.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida

A read for the ages, whew.

But yes please take care of yourselves Black women