• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I am not even pretendin to put a poll cause it is,after watching Dune just cemented it.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sicario is real good though. I think Blade Runner still has it for me

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I think Dune might be it. I am still completely stunned after watching it a few days ago. I cannot believe how real that world was.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Prisoners. That shit gets into your soul.
I really hate the experience of watching Prisoners. It is repulsive to me. I don't find many movies morally objectionable. But I hate Prisoners. I despise it. There is so much I appreciate about it, and there is serious skill evident in the production. And I hate it.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely up there, along with Arrival and BR2049.
I've said this on many a thread that mentions it, but watching Enemy made me the most disarmingly uncomfortable I've ever been in a theater. It's just so damn good and unsettling. It's such a engrossing and in the end, successful suspense drama/thriller.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Enemy is top-notch.

I probably have to agree.

I'm on my third try of trying to get thru Dune here lol

Maybe tonight. It's not catching me at all.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yes it is.

I've not enjoyed either of his big sci fi franchise movies anywhere near as much as his prior films.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen all the movies he's directed since 2013 except for Enemy and Dune. I want to check out both soon. My favorites so far are Blade Runner and Sicario. Prisoners was pretty forgettable and I didn't really care for Arrival.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
it's just ok. his only outright terrible one is prisoners 🤢🤢🤢 talk about heavy handed and on the nose. and then jake gyllenhaal's blinking to tell you he's ACTING

Real

Oct 28, 2017

chrome-capture1da91619da57dfc2.gif

z-Bp-Rgd-YX6al0.png

Genre: Anime and JRPG-inspired MMORPG
Developer: RamenVR
Platforms: Meta Quest (Rift-Crossbuy for PCVR), PSVR, SteamVR
Release Date: 1/27/2022
Price: $29.99/£23.79/24,99€

yb-NDb-Q4-NHo-H1.png

Zenith: The Last City is an indie VR MMORPG developed exclusively for PCVR, Oculus Quest, and PSVR with additional non-VR support to come at a later date. Zenith is a VR MMO inspired by our favorite animes and JRPGs, where millions of people can play, socialize, and create their own unique experiences together. Fight, craft, explore, and live in the first cross-platform VR MMO. Forge alliances and friendships in Guilds and parties. Participate in epic raids and world events, or go blaze your own path. Become forever immortalized in a world that will become as important as the real one. Combat in Zenith fully leverages the physicality of VR to deliver satisfying gameplay. Pull earth shields out of the ground, suck creatures in with devastating gravity wells, or simply blast them with ultimate power using chain lightning. Mastering each class will feel like mastering a new sport or martial art. For example, the ranged Essence Mage relies heavily on ranged throwing, aiming, and accuracy, while the melee Duelist relies on timing combos.

Steam-GIF-1-OPT.gif

Parry the cold steel of your enemy's blades, time your blows for ultimate efficiency, stagger your enemy, and execute devastating combos.

Steam-GIF-2-OPT.gif

Zenith was built to be an infinite universe with countless players. Join parties and guilds as you fight epic world bosses, plunder the depths of exciting dungeons, and build a new life in the most fully realized online VR world ever constructed.

essence_mage_800x.gif

Although there are only two classes (Blade Master and Essence Mage, with a third coming soon), each of them have a Tank, Healer, and DPS subrole that can be switch between at any time. The game uses a unique skill system that allows you to earn EXP for specific skills and upgrade them individually.

image.png

image.png

Q: What server is ResetERA mostly on?
A: Servers are congested given it being an opening weekend, but you're able to switch servers every 24 hours. We'll poll the crowd soon and determine a server and guild of choice.

Q: How do I block/mute/add friend/add a person to a party?
A: Point an unholstered hand while gripping (no weapon in hand) at a target until the line turns green - a context menu will pop up

Last edited:

rafox70

Oct 14, 2021
I particularly have a soft spot for 2049 but all of his movies are great and Enemy is really special, totally understand you bro.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I have a weird take on Prisoners,like the movie is good but any competent director would make exactly the same movie if given the chance

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely need to rewatch Enemy, I can't remember much about it.

My favourite changes, it was BR2049 for a while but then I rewatched Sicario. I loved Dune but will need to watch it again and sit with it for a while.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Enemy was great, but I like Prisoners more. Haven't seen Sicario or Arrival and I thought both 2049 and Dune kinda sucked.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good movie that would probably be the best film in most directors' filmography, but yeah Denis isn't most directors. Every movie he's made since Enemy is better.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
From what I've seen it goes:

1. Sicario
2. Bladerunner 2049
3. Arrival
4. Prisoners
5. Enemy

Gonna check out Dune this weekend…

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's all subjective, but for me, I enjoyed them most in this order:

- Prisoners
- Sicario
- Arrival
- Dune (pretty much on the same level as Arrival, but with it being half the story, it's hard to say definitively right now)
- Enemy
- BR2049

I haven't seen his pre-2013 stuff, though it's on my list.