• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably more likely than you'd think given he's worked on FFXIV.
F6ftKez.png

From the horse's mouth(deleted tweet). Maehiro was a planner on Vagrant Story at least.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need someone in FFXVI to say "I'm the reinforcements."

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Screenshot_2021-01-28_Tweets_with_replies_by__YasumiMatsuno_Twitter.png

It's minor but I asked Matsuno if "The Phantom Pain" appearing in the credits of Vagrant Story was the subtitle or the larger series Vagrant Story would be a part of.

He answered it was indeed the subtitle and that it was originally called "The Beginning". This means that Vagrant Story was always meant to be more than one game from the start. I really hope Matsuno gets to revisit this as a series.

Edit: OG Tweet

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018

It's minor but I asked Matsuno if "The Phantom Pain" appearing in the credits of Vagrant Story was the subtitle or the larger series Vagrant Story would be a part of.

He answered it was indeed the subtitle and that it was originally called "The Beginning". This means that Vagrant Story was always meant to be more than one game from the start. I really hope Matsuno gets to revisit this as a series.
This is really cool, thanks for surfacing this.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
As I said Vaan was going to have a character arc focusing more on his going from street urchin to Sky Pirate, but that was cut. Anyway, even if you remove Vaan, the main focus is on Ashe anyway, not on Basch despite the fact Basch was going to be the main protagonist.

Yep. It was always really about Ashe so it honestly doesn't matter who they made the protagonist.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: OG Tweet

Cool. This confirms what Alexander O. Smith said a few years ago:

71uGl6Z.png