• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Is Takahashi attached to this at all?
Officially? She designed the characters.
I think there's a huge chance Rin is the mother.

KEQCe73.jpg

Is that an official drawing by Rumiko?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they nail the ending music like they did with the original series. I don't watch much anime these days, but I still have fond memories of the original show.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
One of the major characters in the last show was the title character's older (half) brother. A full blown youkai (which has been translated to "demon") named Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru eventually... let's say "adopted" a young human girl named Rin. I don't remember if we ever got an age on Rin, but she was probably around 6 or 7 (the Inuyasha wiki says she was 8).

People are concerned that they haven't named the mother of Sesshomaru's half-youkai daughters.

oh what in the fuck

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Setsuna looks like Sango. She's a demonslaying half or full demon??? Maybe she's an adopted daughter?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, everyone in denial that Rin is the mother. It's obviously her, lets not kid ourselves. Nothing about the writing behind Inuyasha leads me to believe they wouldn't go down that route.

Also I hate it when sequels just have the parents fuck off like this. Apparently from the character bio, Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter got separated from them at a young age and has fended for herself most of her life. Eureka 7 AO did something similar. It just makes the characters we used to know come off as terrible parents. I'll give Boruto credit in that it only makes Sasuke and kinda Naruto come off as a terrible parents. The moms are around and actively a part of their kids lives.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Setsuna looks like Sango. She's a demonslaying half or full demon??? Maybe she's an adopted daughter?

That wouldn't really make sense since she is Towa's twin sister and Towa looks like Sesshomaru.

It's more likely that Kohaku took Setsuna in and raised her after Towa and Sesshomaru disappeared considering that Kohaku is close to Sesshomaru.

Lol, everyone in denial that Rin is the mother. It's obviously her, lets not kid ourselves. Nothing about the writing behind Inuyasha leads me to believe they wouldn't go down that route.

Also I hate it when sequels just have the parents fuck off like this. Apparently from the character bio, Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter got separated from them at a young age and has fended for herself most of her life. Eureka 7 AO did something similar. It just makes the characters we used to know come off as terrible parents. I'll give Boruto credit in that it only makes Sasuke and kinda Naruto come off as a terrible parents. The moms are around and actively a part of their kids lives.

I think the implication is that Kagome, Sango, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Miroku all died or disappeared

But like Sesshomaru totally has that bad dad written look on him

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017

Shonen protagonists being awful parents has been a time-honored tradition since DBZ.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the implication is that Kagome, Sango, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Miroku all died or disappeared

But like Sesshomaru totally has that bad dad written look on him
....that's depressing. So they barely had any time together as a couple before dying or "getting disappeared" so the plot of this could kick off. Hate it when sequels do that too. Guess I'll just have to see if the show goes into any of it, though I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

Shonen protagonists being awful parents has been a time-honored tradition since DBZ.
Fair enough.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Upset that I won't be watching this in time of its launch

I was planning to start rewatching the first half of inuyasha since it's been years I last watched and never watched the final act - was gonna do it after I caught up to detective conan but guess that won't happen anytime soon

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dammit that got me hooked. gonna watch the 2nd part of inuyasha before i start this though.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The designs are actually really great. I remember dropping off the anime about one third thru because it was absurdly repetitive, is there an abridged version of the original?

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
....that's depressing. So they barely had any time together as a couple before dying or "getting disappeared" so the plot of this could kick off. Hate it when sequels do that too. Guess I'll just have to see if the show goes into any of it, though I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

Fair enough.

If I had to guess, they're probably time-frozen in some dimension and their life will continue on from whenever they disappeared.

Although Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha and Kagome would feel weird standing next to their children that are nearly the same age as them.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The designs are actually really great. I remember dropping off the anime about one third thru because it was absurdly repetitive, is there an abridged version of the original?

Read the manga or skip the filler using this list:

theanimefillerlist.com

Inuyasha Filler | The Ultimate Anime Filler Guide

Are you interested in watching Inuyasha filler? If so, then consider for inuyasha filler. This series deals with the magical

I'd rec the latter option. Inuyasha's OST is just so good and really enhances scenes.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
There can never just be a normal father-daughter relationship huh?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't even seen the last bits of Inu Yasha, but I'm down for a few episodes at least. Absolutely love the designs.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kohaku is giving off strong secret villian energy

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
The question remains is if Naraku will return?

I never actually got around to watching 'The Final Act'.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
i thought kohaku died?
He was supposed to die when they removed his shard but he didn't for... reasons.

Kikyo purified Kohaku's jewel shard and imbued it with her light so that it would destroy Naraku if he put it back into the Jewel and used it but then she changed her mind on priorities

However, after a struggle with Naraku, Kohaku has his shard removed, killing him. Naraku mocks Inuyasha's inability to prevent the deaths of both KikyĹŤ and Kohaku, and Sango holds him in tears. Had Naraku absorbed the completed Shikon Jewel, KikyĹŤ's light would have purified it and killed Naraku. However, KikyĹŤ decides to leave the task of defeating Naraku to Inuyasha's group and transfers her speck of purity from the complete Shikon Jewel into Kohaku, so that he may live.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
How did Naraku die again? Like I remember that being a thing but can't remember HOW they finally killed him.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How did Naraku die again? Like I remember that being a thing but can't remember HOW they finally killed him.

He completed the Jewel and dragged himself and Kagome into it. He ultimately became a pawn of the Jewel, which wished to re-enact the battle between an ancient miko and a powerful youkai that birthed it in the first place.

Inuyasha used one of his many sword power-ups to break the barrier between dimensions to find Kagome and free her from the eternal battle raging within the Jewel. Kagome finally used the power of the Jewel and wished it away, including Naraku.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
This looks good. I'm kinda excited. My wife was only lukewarm on it until she saw that Miroku/Sango's (her favorite pairing in the original) kid was shown. Then she jumped on board, lol

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I hope Ocean dubs this one , they don't seem to dub much anime anymore. It seems the English dubbing industry is entirely done in Texas or California.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I forgot he even died. Watch him show up here for reasons.

It was a combination of several attacks from Sesshomaru, Inuyasha and Kagome that physically killed him but Naraku made a wish on the Shikon Jewel before he died. (Naraku realized at the end that the Shikon Jewel could never grant him his true wish which was to have Kikyo's love):

It was revealed the wish that Naraku had made was actually the wish of the Jewel itself: that the spirits of Naraku and Kagome would replace the Demon of the Shikon no Tama and Midoriko, and continue their battle inside the jewel for eternity.

Kagome breaking out of the Shikon Jewel and destroying it is what truly killed Naraku who was stuck in there having replaced the Demon of the Shikon No Tama.