• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
dQy45Js.png

We are still stuck at this point, and because everyone can find an echo chamber for everything, it's taking longer to drag those people out of it than it did two decades ago.
Off-topic, but there's another crazy quote from that review, where the reviewers recommends not playing this game and just wait for the recently announced Aliens: Colonial Marines

It's, of course, not the same game, but a good indicator on how fucking cursed that name is lol

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is it me or are some people acting like the existence of gyro is going to take away their joysticks?

OP
OP
TheRealTalker

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a rat ass about "the controller being used in its full potential" or not. If i did i wouldn't have the cheaper version of it instead of an elite. I care about my comfort, my familiarity, and gyro was not part of it in the very few (forced) experiences i had with it. Maybe i played some bad implementations and could adapt if i had enough time with some good ones, but i don't want to bother, my gaming time is limited and i'd rather have the stuff i am used to than learning new tricks. i'm not saying its not better, i'm not saying its not good, i'm not saying it should be stopped, i'm just saying i don't care.

"But your current setup is full of aim assist even for SP games! you're not really doing much! it's not optimal!" i-don't-care, how many times this need to be repeated? my current setup feels good to play, that's what matters. not everyone is obsessed over having the most optimal setup possible, some just want to play in the way they like more and don't really have an opinion on how others do their thing. they're not changing your experience in any way, it's not on them the burden of turning gyro a standard. stop being such asses jesus christ.
I don't get it, you are saying you don't care if it is an option but then arguing it doesn't give the edge or how much you hate it.

If it isn't for you then it isn't for you, but games should implement good gyro as an optional addition regardless.

If you lose against gyro players or if you win against them, it doesn't matter. The controller has gyro it is built right in. Everyone has that controller, it isn't comparable to the elite/pro variants that are more expensive, it is something you get right out of the box.

People can maybe not afford whatever expensive controller that is offered OR even then with all of its gizmos they deem it inferior to good gyro aiming, that doesn't change the fact that gyro capabilities is there, some people like it, some people want to use it and most games should have it as an option.

Comparing it to some elite controller, etc... is silly when it is the common standard for all PS or Nintendo controllers right out of the box. So yes indeed it is being wasted technically when a game can have it for said platform but chooses not to as an option.

Regardless if it isn't for you.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
It depends on the game. If the dead zones are wrong and the aiming feels incredibly off, like in Days Gone, it helps. However that should be correct from the very beginning.

On other games, it becomes a hinderance. BoTW is the perfect example while playing portable. Having it as an option never hurts however.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a rat ass about "the controller being used in its full potential" or not. If i did i wouldn't have the cheaper version of it instead of an elite. I care about my comfort, my familiarity, and gyro was not part of it in the very few (forced) experiences i had with it. Maybe i played some bad implementations and could adapt if i had enough time with some good ones, but i don't want to bother, my gaming time is limited and i'd rather have the stuff i am used to than learning new tricks. i'm not saying its not better, i'm not saying its not good, i'm not saying it should be stopped, i'm just saying i don't care.

"But your current setup is full of aim assist even for SP games! you're not really doing much! it's not optimal!" i-don't-care, how many times this need to be repeated? my current setup feels good to play, that's what matters. not everyone is obsessed over having the most optimal setup possible, some just want to play in the way they like more and don't really have an opinion on how others do their thing. they're not changing your experience in any way, it's not on them the burden of turning gyro a standard. stop being such asses jesus christ.
Good for you if the setup you like feels good to play. I want the setup that feels good to me to be more available and SP or MP is irrelevant to that. That's all I'm saying and all that these gyro threads are saying.
"But your current setup is full of aim assist even for SP games! you're not really doing much! it's not optimal!" i-don't-care, how many times this need to be repeated?
Repeated? Did it need to be said once? Cause I sure as hell didn't say anything about this. You're cool with what you got? Cool. But this insecurity over people asking for more options is silly. No one's coming for your setup.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
If it is ever going to be widely implemented and accepted, gyro should be set as the default, so people can see how good it is. With an option to switch back to dual analog only, of course.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do Warzone and Apex Legends have gyro support on PS4/PS5?

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Repeated? Did it need to be said once? Cause I sure as hell didn't say anything about this. You're cool with what you got? Cool. But this insecurity over people asking for more options is silly. No one's coming for your setup.

Insecurity? His first post started with "if y'all want it is fine".

You're the one sounding insecure throughout this entire conversation with him.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
People who are mad that gyro aiming is becoming a thing on consoles are mad because they know and understand that it's factually better for aiming than sticks but they don't want to learn it, leaving them at a disadvantage in online gaming.

Gyro aiming is the only thing that can make a game that involves any kind of aiming tolerable on consoles for me

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Good for you if the setup you like feels good to play. I want the setup that feels good to me to be more available and SP or MP is irrelevant to that. That's all I'm saying and all that these gyro threads are saying.

I guess you missed the overly aggressive OP and the last 50 gyro threads then

Options are about most having the... option.... to play what they like best. I really couldn't care less if it gives an edge or not in competitive since i don't play it and people that feel like they're getting "the short end of the stick" can adapt or try to be better on sticks or play whatever else, it's on them. If that's the flag you're waving, i'm fine with it despite playing in a non-optimal form, everyone should have fun playing the way they prefer. It's when people start shouting about how non-optimal it is despite a) me knowing it b) me not caring is when we have an issue, and this thread started in this premise

Oct 25, 2017
How does trackball gaming works? Do people usually remap shooting and stuff to the keyboard? Just by looking at some images, it seems like your trackball hand would be busy to constantly tap buttons as well.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Good gyro is unbeatable. I remember turning it off in BOTW back when I was a non-believer, but my brother suggested trying it again.

Using it to micro adjust your aim is just so helpful.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aiming is literally what gyro is best at. Always on is not ideal though. Here's a joystick vs gyro / mouse test, where joystick is a pretty distant 3rd in performance:

The difference between gyro and thumbstick is actually shocking here. I really want to adapt to using gyro more often, but there's simply not enough console games that support it.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Analog stick aiming was never not terrible but that was what the console gamers got used to, and they aren't the biggest fans of trying new stuff.

I don't think people are actually super fans of gyro aiming but they noticed it is a lot better in comparison.

Potentially, the Wii Remote pointer could make for the best way ever to play FPSs, but then the console didn't have much going for the genre unfortunately.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Nothing is going to be better than analog sticks for me. Gyro being the worst of the options. I work my ass off for 10-12 hours a day, and deal with other stuff outside of work.

When I have time to play video games, I want to lay down in bed, with my controller, and move/work as little as possible. I need my gaming to be simple and effortless to escape all the other bullshit in the world.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Tried with TLOU2 (unsure if that's a good implementation or not). It sucked. I'm open to new opportunities, but that one left a sour taste for me.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I don't play shooters on console because stick aiming is the devil's work. Gyro controls saves it, and is the only reason why I'm able to play Splatoon.

Mouse > gyro > stick

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Tried with TLOU2 (unsure if that's a good implementation or not). It sucked. I'm open to new opportunities, but that one left a sour taste for me.

I can't explain this the right way in english, but I'll try. TLoU 2 has a weird implementation. I found that inverting X axis helped me a lot because I (and I imagine most people) aim by pointing the gamepad in the direction you want to shoot. Inverting X axis only changes the direction crosshair goes if you turn the gamepad like a wheel, but if you point it like a gun, everything works fine and it's more precise. Also, play around with the sensitivity options, they are not great by default.

Gamerasi

Sep 30, 2019
After playing a game with gyro aim, when I switch to a game without gyro support, I am having compatibility issues. This support should be offered optionally in each game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I personally agree, and would love to have that as the standard. Still would never think of telling people they're being stubborn for not liking it. Nobody cares.

I just wish regular controllers came with them so you didn't have to pay premium prices for 4 extra buttons on the back when you don't care about the rest of the elite controller features. If other people don't like it and would dettach them, that's completely fine.

Am I using incorrect words? Doesn't discourse litreally mean speech? And indoctrination to basically convert people to an idea through constant evangelization?

If they're not right in context, then I apologize, and would take a different suggestion. I don't see what's wrong with them, though, and would definitely use the equivalent words if I wrote the post in my native language, so it could be more of a cultural difference, I don't know.

The ONLY reason people try to "indoctrinste others" is because there is needless, volatile, ignorant pushback over what, to some, is an accessibility feature.

There is no need for people like yourself to push back. At all. There is plenty of good reasons for people to get pissed at stances like yours.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
The ONLY reason people try to "indoctrinste others" is because there is needless, volatile, ignorant pushback over what, to some, is an accessibility feature.

There is no need for people like yourself to push back. At all.

Gyro being used as an accessibility option goes both ways. Some people that have more trouble keeping their controllers and hands stable under several different circumstances/issues are not going to benefit from it being a major part of the gameplay experience. And if simply not being a fan of [thing] counts as pushing back against [thing] now i don't know what to tell you. This thread is slapping in the face of people who dont like gyro how ignorant and archaic they are for not liking it and how they need to accept it and the people answering "well i just don't care man" are the problem? Yeah right.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I tried it when the update came out and didn't like the implementation. These were my thoughts at the time
I jumped into an encounter for the final area of the game and

The Good: They added the feature.

The Bad: It's very badly implemented. Aiming vertically works fine enough but horizontally is terrible. The movement feels incoherent and unlike the way your controller is actually moving. Even at the highest sensitivity, horizontal aiming is very slow to the point where I have to fully extend my arms and move them from one side to the other to get anywhere. When I come back to the middle, the reticule stops and jerks around in the middle before deciding to replicate my motion.

This doesn't feel 1:1 like with Steam Input or Splatoon where I can comfortably hold the controller as I normally would, make minor movements from my wrist and expect accurate replication of my controller's motion on screen as the reticule.

As I said at the top, I just went into an "Encounter" in the menu, and it's possible my problems had to do with encounters not really giving you the upgrades you have in your campaign save so maybe there's some aiming upgrade in my save that would make it feel better (though I find "shakey aim cause it's surival/horror" to be dumb anyway). I'm redownloading the game right now to try and make sure but at the very least the implementation for a default character felt terrible to me and unlike how it feels in BotW, Splatoon and Steam's "mouse-like gyro" setting.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

41:15 Aiming in Gears of War in xCloud with the mobile phone's gyro sensor.

So... kinda weird to me that the new generation of Xbox controllers don't have that feature, when they otherwise seem indistinguishable from the previous generation aside from the d-pad, share button, and grips. Would've been a nice way of including it in the X-input API to ensure parity amongst the PC, Xbox, Switch and PS5 platforms, and avoid awkward Steam Input workarounds for certain games.

My general response to the pushback is 17:44 onwards of this video:

I'll never agree with an implementation of motion controls where it isn't toggleable. BotW's bow aiming is beautiful, its gyro shrines are not (and are a mess to play in Switch's handheld mode without forcing tabletop). Same with Let's Go.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Gyro being used as an accessibility option goes both ways. Some people that have more trouble keeping their controllers and hands stable under several different circumstances/issues are not going to benefit from it being a major part of the gameplay experience. And if simply not being a fan of [thing] counts as pushing back against [thing] now i don't know what to tell you. This thread is slapping in the face of people who dont like gyro how ignorant and archaic they are for not liking it and how they need to accept it and the people answering "well i just don't care man" are the problem? Yeah right.
it would be optional.

Your your hyperbolic language and attitude about this is ridiculous. You have no ground here, at all.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck, OP. Aim assist has fooled entire generations of controller users into thinking that analog sticks are in any way decent tools for aiming. It's sadly an uphill battle to convince people that there is a better alternative because they're so complacent with the game doing half the controls for them.

My advice to people looking to change the tide is to just get on PC where you can add gyro aim to any game you wish through steam, because otherwise you'll be waiting years for devs to possibly patch in support because the luddites are stuck in the past.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
it would be optional.

You have no ground here, at all.

I have no ground on what? Having a preference? Get off your high horse.
My "hyperbolic" language of saying i know i'm playing a worse controller option but just have more fun doing so, and that i wouldn't mind gyro being added for the others despite not being interest in it. the horror! yeah, goodbye to you

May 19, 2020
Good luck, OP. Aim assist has fooled entire generations of controller users into thinking that analog sticks are in any way decent tools for aiming. It's sadly an uphill battle to convince people that there is a better alternative because they're so complacent with the game doing half the controls for them.

My advice to people looking to change the tide is to just get on PC where you can add gyro aim to any game you wish through steam, because otherwise you'll be waiting years for devs to possibly patch in support because the luddites are stuck in the past.
if you want people to try and be interested in gyro support maybe you should stop talking like everyone is stupid but you lol. the arrogance over a control type is like totally unnecessary. congrats on playing splatoon and becoming "awakened" to gyro, it's a not actually a big deal lol

Oct 28, 2017
dQy45Js.png

We are still stuck at this point, and because everyone can find an echo chamber for everything, it's taking longer to drag those people out of it than it did two decades ago.
This right here.

Small anecdote from me. My first dual analog stick shooter was Medal of Honor Frontline and I acted EXACTLY the same way. I was totally against it at first. It was different. Different can be scary at first.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I only tried it briefly, granted, but it felt awkward and horrible to use. But also, I just don't want to be using a conventional controller in that manner for aiming - it's never going to feel good to me. Controllers actually designed for gyro/motion sensing would be a lot better I imagine. Well, I don't have to imagine.. Nintendo ditched the conventional controller for their motion control-focused Wii console and with good reason, VR uses controllers specifically designed with motion tracking in mind, etc. I would rather use something built for the purpose that is going to feel great to use rather than it be shoehorned into a device that is less appropriate for the task and, to me, just feels awful. It's not like the computer mouse which is a pointing device by design and so naturally ended up being great for aiming in games beyond its original purpose.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
if you want people to try and be interested in gyro support maybe you should stop talking like everyone is stupid but you lol. the arrogance over a control type is like totally unnecessary.
Again, the only reason people are talking that way is because so many ignorant people pused back against gyro assisted aim for no good reason with dismsisve aggression in the first place.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
if you want people to try and be interested in gyro support maybe you should stop talking like everyone is stupid but you lol. the arrogance over a control type is like totally unnecessary.
I already stopped trying to convince people a long time ago and just play on PC where gyro options exist for every game, so I don't have to butter people up to tell the truth.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think that in terms of raw aiming, gyro + analog can come up on top ahead of analog alone, but raw aiming is not what you're doing in most games. In games with aim assist, I find that the analog aim can be very accurate, and in those games gyro can actually interfere with your aim in a negative way.

Splatoon is a good example of where gyro + analog comes out on top, because there is no aim assist for analog players. So aiming with analog alone isn't all that easy, and gyro can help compensate some of the missing precision and enable you to flick onto targets more consistently.

But in my own experience, in games where the analog sticks already have aim assist applied, then gyro isn't helpful at all. My aim can already be strong without the gyro and the gyro adds an unsteadyness to my aim and tracking that I generally do not want. Yes, this scenario has been biased in favour of analog aiming because aim assist is present to help that style of aiming, without help provided to the others, but that's where we're at. Game developers reliably provide aim assist for their analog players and removing that would deter more players than it would bring in to include gyro, so a best case scenario is that you have gyro alongside assisted analog aiming, wherein gyro aiming and then gyro aiming doesn't stack up all that well.

For context, with aim assist, analog aiming is often more accurate than even mouse aiming. In games like Destiny and Apex Legends you have people competing using controllers at the highest level of play, and many top PC players complaining that controllers are too accurate when compared to keyboard and mouse usage.

As is, I can load up Apex Legends on PC with a controller and fry just about anyone. It doesn't feel like a disadvantage using a controller, in fact I've wrote about this before but PC lobbies actually feel easier than console lobbies, with the range of skill being wider (some people really, really suck on keyboard and mouse).

Yes, again you could say get rid of the aim assist then, but there are millions of players who have invested in analog aiming and find that an easy way to play their shooters. On cross platform games like Call of Duty and Apex Legends, you have more people using analog aiming than any other input method available, so removing aim assist would likely spoil the game for the majority audience.

The other issue is that combined gyro + analog (Splatoon style) aiming is arguably the least accessible of the three options. It requires you to learn a dual analog aiming system, and on top of that, manage the gyro at the same time. I initial barrier to entry is high for gyro + analog, and the ongoing learning curve is steeper. This perhaps isn't true where dual analog is a less good option, for instance on Switch where the analog sticks are small and unweildy, I think gyro aiming is better and easier to adapt to because of how difficult the dual analog can be on the joycons.

So in sum, I think to really see the benefit of gyro you would need to remove dual analogues aim assist, which just isn't going to happen. As is, gyro + dual is just more work for a lot of players, and the pay off in most games isn't really there. I don't see why this scenario would change any time soon, so I don't see why we would expect mainstream adoption of gyro aiming.

The best path forward is to include gyro augmented aiming as an option in every game, and see how its audience grows. In the distant future it might displace analog aiming, but that would just create a bigger disparity between mouse and controller than we already have, so it's likely that gyro would need its own aim assist solution to hit the same peak. That then becomes a complex scenario, because if this more complex middle ground still needs assistance to see similar accuracy with mouse and key. That might raise a question as to why bother with gyro if it still needs assistance to hit mouse and key accuracy, but I think the answer is because options are good, particularly for accessibility.

Another factor to consider will be how gyro aiming interacts with haptics which is obviously a direction that Sony are really pushing into. I know on Killzone 3's motion control option the vibration made your accuracy and recoil control considerably worse, which is obviously a barrier to tackle. If the gyro were able to communicate with the haptics in some way, I imagine you could stabilise the input and keep vibration on, but I don't know if we'd ever see such a thing.

Aiming is literally what gyro is best at. Always on is not ideal though. Here's a joystick vs gyro / mouse test, where joystick is a pretty distant 3rd in performance:

People are always posting this video but there are a tonne of issues with it.

a) It offers only one persons experience of the three aiming styles. It's very possible they are better/worse than other people in certain areas, and honestly, very likely that this person is much more practiced with gyro than most people are. In any case, it's a single data point, not a representative sample.
b) The type of aiming isn't representative of the scenarios featured in most games or every game. Depending on the game the number of targets on screen are going to be between 1 and perhaps 4. The targets on screen are rarely going to be as small as even the larger targets in aim lab, and the targets and player are both moving. The scenario also presents targets across varying levels of elevation, whereas most games have enemies presented on the same level of elevation (flat ground), analog users really struggle with those diagonal adjustments, but less so with straight horizontal. Further, the scenario only focuses on initial target acquisition not long-term accuracy, recoil control and tracking.
c) This is a raw aim comparison, almost all shooters have aim assist for controller players and that's not going to disappear.

Nov 9, 2017
Reminds me of when my Aunt used to try and play Super Mario and would jerk the controller around every time she jumped

May 19, 2020
I already stopped trying to convince people a long time ago and just play on PC where gyro options exist for every game, so I don't have to butter people up to tell the truth.
it's an optional control method in a video game, you're not actually conveying some great truth. do you really think of yourself in this lofty way lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
it's a control method in a video game, you're not actually conveying some great truth. do you really think of yourself in this lofty way lol
Na, they're right. If you read some of the absurd push back in the past that came up at the very mention of gyro assisted aiming, you'd get why they wrote it that way.

May 19, 2020
Na, they're right. If you read some of the absurd push back in the past that came up at the very mention of gyro assisted aiming, you'd get why they wrote it that way.
the question is why anyone would take pushback against gyro personally enough to call people stupid. if someone doesn't like it's 100% actually not your problem and acting like it is is arrogant and weird behavior that likely speaks to you being too emotionally invested in video games.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Many don't play competitive. They simply don't care. I'm not actively fighting against gyro being added as an option, y'all have fun. Stop your presumptious "time to face the future old folks you're just ignorant it's clearly superior" cause some simply don't give a shit. Yeah its better than sticks, but i am more comfortable with sticks; i play singleplayer games to amuse myself, and playing with what i like and feel good with is more important to me than being any% more efficient in competitive situations (which i dont play)

Also i don't know what forum you're browsing but the vast majority in this reality's era is pro-gyro and constantly demanding it in more games, with the usual troll appearing to say "gyro stinks lmao" and being quoted for 40 pages, rinse and repeat every thread
I don't know why so many people on here post things like "I don't play competitive games, so X doesn't matter".
It is brought up time and time again in discussions of frame rate, controls, latency, ultra-wide aspect ratio support, and other issues.
I care about better control, frame rates, and everything else listed above, because it makes games more fun to play. Not because it gives me a competitive edge. I almost exclusively play single player games these days.

And if people like you really "don't give a shit" then you wouldn't be in these threads. Especially not as one of the most active posters.

Gyro aiming is just an objectively superior way of control compared to simple dual stick aiming. It gives you additional accuracy and aim correction on the very approximative aiming the traditional dual analogue stick controls give you.

Nothing beats Mouse + Keyboard but it's the next best thing.
I would say that VR controls are better than mouse & keyboard, but not necessarily in the same way.
I'll certainly do better in an FPS using a mouse & keyboard, but I'll have a lot more fun in a VR FPS like Half-Life: Alyx using the tracked motion controllers, where a mouse and keyboard does not work well at all.

Split Joycon Gyro aiming is the best.
I was so disappointed when Sony announced the DualSense and it was a slight twist on the same design from almost 25 years ago; not even a split controller.
After the Joy-Cons and VR controllers, I'd prefer not to use a standard controller ever again - even the Steam Controller, which I rate above any traditional dual-analog design.

Good gyro is unbeatable. I remember turning it off in BOTW back when I was a non-believer, but my brother suggested trying it again.
Using it to micro adjust your aim is just so helpful.
What frustrates me is that so many point to Breath of the Wild as an example of good gyro aiming, when I would say it is mediocre at best - and sets a bad example when the game also uses the gyro for awful puzzle shrines as well, which people can easily point to as a reason for not wanting it to be in a game at all.

It has a noticeable deadzone on the gyro, and movements are quantized into large steps rather than smooth:

That is the smallest movement which can be made with the gyro in BotW on Switch using Joy-Cons.
It reminds me of using a low resolution mouse on PC:

Do we really need a thread on gyro controls every single week?
Is it a standard feature in console games yet?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's an assumption with certain gamers that speed of accuracy is the number one priority in shooters. For me, K+M is the absolute worst control method and sucks the fun out of gaming.

I actually like what I've used with gyro, but when I asked myself why I'm forcing myself to play more focused, tense, and constantly sitting upright for a marginal bump in speed and accuracy, it just didn't make any sense. I play games to relax and have never once felt dual analog was standing in the way of me beating a game.

it's not just speed and accuracy- it's not stretch to say there's value in having games interpretation of user inputs represent the players true intent, and gyro provides a better way to achieve that compared to the CPU spend extra cycles translating and making educated guesses.

dual analog has never prevented me from beating a game - but the associated aim assist has made it take too long to turn around, or have focused my cursor on the wrong enemy - creating moments of frustration that wouldn't happen if I had something closer to 1:1 control.

dQy45Js.png

It's really on developers and console makers IMO. Users can only grow to prefer something if they have opportunities to appreciate it.

When Dual Analog was shit, developers kept pressing on, Microsoft gave their standard controller dual analog, and made it the default control scheme of their premier franchise - which went on the set the standard for Dual Analog FPS controls.

we don't have anything comparable happening for Gyro and it's sad. Nintendo is an innovator in this space, but they have a different implementation in every game rather than creating a standard, the execution is inconsistent , and the shooter audience is much larger on other the platforms. Splatoon isn't even close to being the best example of motion controls anymore. Microsoft still doesn't have a gyro. Sony underutilizes their sensors. EA and Activision are completely missing in action. If COD or Battlefield or Destiny or Halo would have installments that showcased the perfection that is "flick stick" people beyond resetera evangelists would see the light. But as it stands most people don't even know things have improved dramatically on the motion control front over course of the last generation.

Last edited: