• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I work from home and I was super busy today, so much so that I never looked outside. Ordered some food when I got off work, opened the door and it's pouring out. I always feel like an asshole ordering food in weather like this. Ya'll ever feel the same?

Souzetsu

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
California
I work from home and I was super busy today, so much so that I never looked outside. Ordered some food when I got off work, opened the door and it's pouring out. I always feel like an asshole ordering food in weather like this. Ya'll ever feel the same?
I would feel bad, but I would tip the delivery person well to make up for the bad weather.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rain no, but during a snow storm yeah. I worked delivery in the past though and it comes with the territory. People tend to tip better when it's shitty out too, so actually no I don't really feel bad.

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even tip more at checkout. Caught me by surprise. I tried to give one delivery dude a blu ray season of the X-Files, but he didn't want it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's the point of delivery: to get food when I can't/won't leave my house.

I just give the delivery guy a bigger tip than usual if it's raining mad hard or its a major holiday

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I drive for uber on and off, and I look forward to those days cause I know I can just do ubereats for a few hours after the day gig and make decent money. Hell, I considered doing it tonight, Houston's pretty rainy today.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, you make bank delivering when it's pouring if you're a good driver due to the increased volume. I loved rainy days, they were a bit more stressful but I was prepared and made 1.5-2x as much money.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I loved going out in bad weather when I delivered pizza after high school, since it usually led to much better tips from people who felt guilty. So if you live in a tipping country, you are fine as long as you tip accordingly. I don't know about delivery etiquette in civilized non-tipping countries, so maybe it's different there.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just tip a bit more. I don't feel bad, it's their job. And rainy days should be pretty good money. Like ordering pizza during a big game. My buddy used to invite delivery people in to hangout and smoke weed when we would have food delivered late. Like half would accept and hang out for 10 minutes. He actually made several good friends that way.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
I do feel bad, but it's not like my ordering or not will keep the driver out of the rain. I just tip em extra for the hassle.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine a pregnant delivery driver arriving at your door soaking wet with a sling around her arm and crutches because she crashed, but here's your pizza! Just as you take it from her a giant wave carries her away.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered two 24 packs of bottled water off Amazon Prime before it started raining once...I felt bad.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Living in Minnesota, I'll avoid ordering food if the roads are bordering on dangerous territory. If it's just shitty but not life-threatening I'll often tip a little extra.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
In the UK when we've had bad snow before places actually refuse to take deliveries due to looking the safety of drivers.

but rain?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I think it's far more assholish to order food when road conditions are bad. I see it far too often where I live

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
At first glance I thought this thread title was: "Y'all ever order food while its pouring out your asshole?

I was admiring your commitment to food despite the diarrhea.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Of course I order food, I just go and get in my car and get it. Delivery is a rich person game, I am not rich.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe if it's Jimmy John's. Most other delivery guys seem to use cars.

If there's an actual road hazard I wouldn't order delivery.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
OP I was thinking you were pouring something out.

I've ordered pizza while it was snowing they were the only ones working that night. Gave him a 40$ tip on a 20$ order.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
No

Edit for clarity:
Yes, I've ordered during rain.
No, I don't feel bad for doing it.

Last edited: