• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I bought it day 1 on PS3. I've always been there day 1 for all of Shinji Mikami's games after I played RE4. God Hand. Vanquish. The Evil Within.

They all deserve great sales. Give Mikami the love he deserves.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This must be some bizarro world I woke up into where people aren't buying a game because a worse-performing version isn't being released.
I'll do my part, both Bayo and Vanquish are amazing games, this'd be the third time I buy Bayonetta lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I was there for it during a midnight launch for Fallout New Vegas. My buddy at the GameStop I used to frequent let me pick it up then. I was the only one not picking up New Vegas. I had a blast with it, but was sad how short the game lasted. I was glad to see it get BC and be a Games with Gold title. I will be there again to get this on launch. I really want a sequel to this game. This will be my third time buying Bayonetta and second time buying Vanquish.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it on launch day. Got bored. Put it on the shelf.

Platinum fans know how to create their own fun, I'll give them that.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Loved Vanquish on PS3. Always consider it again on PC in between games but then I remember Challenge 6 and I have to buy a new controller.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
My experience with the game was the same as every other Platinum game I played not called NieR:Automata.

I'm not skilled enough to do the flashy shit, so I beat it and thought it was just alright and a bit too short.

Not really into these "replay over and over until you can do all sorts of anime shit" games. Just not for me I guess.

raldoh

Mar 3, 2018
I got bored by after the second hour or so, never got the hang of managing the boost without triggering the overheating mechanic. Ended up more frustrating than fun but I still finished it.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty mediocre game, probably Platinum's worst last gen effort aside from those bad licensed games and Anarchy Reigns, which I probably enjoyed playing more but you can't really play a dead multiplayer game.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
No one's gonna buy this until it's $9.99 and even then, they *definitely* won't buy it on Xbox (GamePass).
I bought it for ps3,360 and PC when they came out and will buy it full price on PS4/XB1 even if it's $99.99

You boys and girls are sleeping on one of the best games of all time.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Vanquish falls into the same category as DMC for me.

I'm sure it's great, but I'm probably not gonna play it well enough to do it justice. I'll probably just watch people be sick at it on YouTube videos and GIFs on here.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Sega gonna give us Alpha Protocol too? I would flip, if so.

Regardless, Vanquish is a must-play.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Because maybe you might have grown up
As snarky as this post is, there is some truth to it. Vanquish came out during the peak of the cover shooter plague so that's how I imagine a lot of people played it. Since then we've had Doom 2016, Titanfall and Warframe which are games that play a lot more like how Vanquish was meant to be played.

I can see a lot of people who disliked it back in the day going back to it now and enjoying it.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Bought it last time. Was not a fan. Can't say I'd recommend it to anyone.
Now Bayonetta on the other hand. That's a video game.

Dec 23, 2017
I bought Vanquish 2 times already, once on PS3 and again on PC. :D

It's a great game and deserves a sequel. I think Sam Gideon is a really cool character.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I fucking love Platinum Games and bought/completed Vanquish at launch. It's a solid game but I totally thought it wasn't one of the greats. I won't be picking it up again. But hey if it ever hits game pass or something I'd play it again for a minute.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I tried the demo on PS3 and rather strongly disliked it. I think I got the PC port at some point but haven't had the time to carve out any play sessions.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
bought the pc version after constantly reading its praise on here. refunded shortly after. i dont understand the love for it. seemed like a run of the mill B tier TPS

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
More importantly, buy it because it contains Bayonetta's ten anniversary release.
images