• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 15, 2019
steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Guide :: Yakuza 3 Licensed Music, Video and Uncensor Restoration Patch

This guide will instruct you on how to restore the licensed music that was cut from the western version of Yakuza 3, as well as higher quality videos from PS3 version and uncensor the game....

A bit off topic but a patch to restore the licensed music is already out for Yakuza 3, including the Don Quijote theme removed in all regions on PS4 due to the license expiring.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
While that audio restoration mod is cool, was it necessary for them to also restore that problematic imperial flag looking Tamashiro Family crest and pin from the original? Just the audio stuff would've suffice. Also, 6GB? Jesus Christ all those "higher quality" prerendered cutscenes bloat the size like crazy. I wish the mod author gave you the option to download only what you personally wanted.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Playing 3 right now, anyone experience any pretty bad audio popping? I've changed a bunch of settings, task manager priority, etc. and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
There are no bad mainline Yakuza games

A lot of this stems from Y3 being the first game in the franchise for a lot of players, with it being released fairly early in the PS3's life.

Even though pretty much all these games have a slow-burn, this was more pronounced by it being focussed on the orphanage, rather than criminal shenanigans.

You've also got the bad localisation, which gutted a significant part of the side-content, and generated bad word of mouth.

It all worked to create a weird first impression. Now, I think the series picking up in popularity, people having proper context, and the remastered localisation, we'll see opinion turn.

Jun 13, 2020
steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Guide :: Yakuza 3 Licensed Music, Video and Uncensor Restoration Patch

This guide will instruct you on how to restore the licensed music that was cut from the western version of Yakuza 3, as well as higher quality videos from PS3 version and uncensor the game....

A bit off topic but a patch to restore the licensed music is already out for Yakuza 3, including the Don Quijote theme removed in all regions on PS4 due to the license expiring.
Is it the Don Quixote theme you can hear in Kiwami 1 and 2? Is it only removed in 3? What plays instead?

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Could we use PS4 saves in PC?
I don't think I can stomach playing Tsukimino snowball battle royale again...

I only won because the NPC got stuck on the wall and I attack for enough points, then roll like crazy.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
whats the timeline to play these in? start with Yakuza 0 first and then play these?

0, kiwami 1, kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (coming in march), 7.

the remake of 1 was made specficially for people who start with 0, theres added stuff that helps connect the games better.

The one downside of starting with 0 is that kiwami 1 will probably feel underwhelming. As it is afterall a pretty faithful remake of an old ps2 game outside of the afformentioned add ons. Luckily it's also the shortest and kiwami 2 is great again.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Booo
Z8n1zKy.jpg

Custom sorting when, Gaben?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
It would be awesome if you could have a custom name per game, which would fix the sorting issues.
I asked for that in the Suggestions section of the Steam forums when the new library launched using the new Tomb Raider games as an example (RotTR>SotTR>TR) but the only reply I got was someone "correcting" me saying that Tomb Raider 2013 is TR 10, not 1.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I asked for that in the Suggestions section of the Steam forums when the new library launched using the new Tomb Raider games as an example (RotTR>SotTR>TR) but the only reply I got was someone "correcting" me saying that Tomb Raider 2013 is TR 10, not 1.

Fantastic suggestion. I hope they do it eventually.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Sorry for the double post/bump but for those interested, all three games got patched today.
store.steampowered.com

Yakuza 3 Remastered - Patch Now Live – February 19, 2021 - Steam News

Hey everyone, Our latest patch is live. Thanks to everyone that participated in our beta, we appreciate your support! This patch addresses the below issues: Proper dedicated GPU detection so that the game won’t try to launch on integrated GPUs. Setting ‘Auto’ as default framerate settings. High...
store.steampowered.com

Yakuza 4 Remastered - Patch Now Live – February 19, 2021 - Steam News

Hey everyone, Our latest patch is live. Thanks to everyone that participated in our beta, we appreciate your support! This patch addresses the below issues: Proper dedicated GPU detection so that the game won’t try to launch on integrated GPUs. Setting ‘Auto’ as default framerate settings. High...
store.steampowered.com

Yakuza 5 Remastered - Patch Now Live – February 19, 2021 - Steam News