• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
my guess is the re-localization is still underway for the other two but they didn't wanna just leave everyone hanging for months to release them in one batch

personally I'll probably wait till the inevitable physical bundle since I still gotta play 0 thru Kiwami 2, but it's cool the option is there

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, 2020 for 5???

A little deflating, but I can't complain too much. Just happy we're getting them all uncut.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Awesome how all of th mainline games will be on the same generation platform

Guessing we will see it on pc in the future then

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
This works out well for me. 3's the only one of the main series I haven't properly played so will buy that now and then pick up the full physical collection next year.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I'll have spent so many days in Kamurocho over the various Yakuza games and Judgement, that it's essentially my second home!

Oct 27, 2017
Just so people know, don't play each game after the other. There is a huge potential that you will burn out fast if you do that.

Oh and Yakuza 3 has missable side stories.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Does Yakuza 0? I seem to recall wandering into areas and it starting substories without me knowing there would be a substory there, whereas Judgment shows them on your map before you start them. I kind of liked not knowing, truly made it feel random.
Yes, 0 had the trouble finder accessory which marked substories on your map.

Pretty sure 3 and 4 didn't have the trouble finder? Though I could be wrong, been many years since I've played them.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Does Yakuza 0? I seem to recall wandering into areas and it starting substories without me knowing there would be a substory there, whereas Judgment shows them on your map before you start them. I kind of liked not knowing, truly made it feel random.

I had markers on the PC port up until I ended the main quest, and then they no longer appeared for substories. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or intentional 🤷

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to think. Yakuza 3 (yes at sub stories markers) being released today is great, but I expected all three to be released at the same time rather than staggered.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait, glad that they're all coming, but I'd want that physical copy of all 3, especially 5 since was digital only in the West...besides 3 is my least favorite.

I look forward to the changes in translation.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One of the underrated gifts from this release is that I can now recommend the legendary Y3 to friends without having to preemptively warn them of the transphobic content that has now apparently been taken out.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, yes (I bought the NTSC-J one).
But I'm not complaining here. What they've done is great.
I mean, it's fair enough. I'm just surprised that in 2019 someone would want a PS3 disc. I imagine that all three games wouldn't fit on one disc and so there may be three individual discs (or two if Y3 and Y4 fit on one) in the collection so you could move the Y5 disc to the PS3 packaging.

Press release/media assets
Oct 25, 2017

Just announced at gamescom 2019, The Yakuza Remastered Collection, which includes Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5, is heading to the PlayStation®4 starting with Yakuza 3 - available right now with a digital purchase of the collection on the PlayStation Store.

Yakuza 4 releases on October 29, 2019, with Yakuza 5 following on February 11, 2020. These games will automatically unlock on these dates for all digital purchases of The Yakuza RemasteredCollection.

A very limited physical run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition, detailed below, will also be available on February 11, 2020. Pre-orders for the physical collection are available now at https://yakuza.sega.com/remastered.

For North American fans who want to see where the Dragon of Dojima's story all began, The Yakuza Origins Digital Bundle is also available on the PlayStation Store and contains the first three chapters of the Dragon of Dojima's tale, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and Yakuza Kiwami 2, all for $49.99.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is far from a typical console generation port. In addition to graphical and performance upgrades (720p>1080p at 30>60fps), all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process. The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some cases, and content previously cut from the Western releases ofYakuza 3, 4, and 5 have been re-added in The Yakuza Remastered Collection.

In Yakuza 3, this means the Mahjong, Shogi, Massage Parlor, and ever-popular Cabaret minigames, as well as a collection of Substories cut from the original release, are now available in the West for the first time!

Several quality-of-life changes have also been added for each release in the collection, including a Substory tracker on the map and the ability to toggle between English and Japanese written lyrics during Karaoke.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection Release Details:

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is available now digitally for $59.99 and includes Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 - previously only available on the PlayStation®3 - beautifully remastered in 1080p at 60fps.

Yakuza 3 is available to download and play immediately after purchasing the collection - Yakuza 4and Yakuza 5 will become available on October 29, 2019 and February 11, 2020 respectively.

A limited run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition will release on February 11, 2020 for $59.99, and contains Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, & Yakuza 5 on two disks in a striking red collectible case emblazoned with Kiryu's trademark dragon tattoo. This release marks the first timeYakuza 5 will be available in a physical format in the West, so the collection also includes a genuineYakuza 5 PS3 case; after 5 years since the game's original release, series collectors can finally fill the gap in their library! Supplies are very limited, so get your order in while supplies last!

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Physical! All my dreams came true!

giphy.gif