• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I find it annoying at this point that Series S is missing from these things. Oh well, hopefully soon..

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Loading time numbers from main menu to get into the game:

Series X: 6 seconds
Xbox One X: 25 seconds
PS4: 29 seconds
PS4 Pro: 48 seconds
Xbox One S: 53 seconds

Not sure why there's such a big gain in time on the PS4 Pro and One S but it is what it is. Series X load time is fast!

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
With no 4K video I cannot see any noticeable visual differences really with the exception on when they did the 500% zoom later in the video.

Edit: The video also isn't 60fps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That 60fps comment tho. And saying why would you play this game at 60fps with it being turnbased

giphy.gif

Maverick-Swe

Nov 26, 2017
Sweden
This is a game I'll buy but not my first Next game to run on my console (Sx). It's gotta be either Cod, AC or WDL. A graphic heavy game i.e.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Base PS4 version looks incredibly alright, and it looks like a stable 30fps too (though the framerate test was too short to be sure). This is reassuring.

I was afraid I'd have to wait for the PS5 version.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
One of these guys (at least) is on drugs or something, lol.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't get why they added 2 60fps modes on SX.

Should have been 4k30, 1440p60 and 4k unlocked +VRR to future proof it.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 copy runs like crap and 900p (though not as bad as Yakuza 6 with it's awful screen tearing) I imagine so looking forward to at least popping it into the PS5, as I never owned a Pro.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate the link Theorry, but given how many of these types of comparisons we'll be getting over the coming days and weeks, I think the OP should at least have details and points from said analysis.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't really have context for this because I've just had a pro for years- is that loading time increase for the PS4 Pro vs the base PS4 something that happens in other games? It seems crazy to me

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Cancelled my One S pre-order. I've either go PS4 or end up just keeping my Series S and get this digital.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't really have context for this because I've just had a pro for years- is that loading time increase for the PS4 Pro vs the base PS4 something that happens in other games? It seems crazy to me

Yeah, if they use higher quality textures. But it could be a fault.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Loading time numbers from main menu to get into the game:

Series X: 6 seconds
Xbox One X: 25 seconds
PS4: 29 seconds
PS4 Pro: 48 seconds
Xbox One S: 53 seconds

Not sure why there's such a big gain in time on the PS4 Pro and One S but it is what it is. Series X load time is fast!
6 seconds on next gen... that's good to hear. Playing it on Pro and that initial load, or after certain mini games (I play lots of VF5) and its a pain to wait for the game to load back into the game world. That's gonna be a nice change alongside 60FPS for sure.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will get the PS4 version because I want save for months before invest in next-gen consoles. Either Y7 and 13 Sentinels will be GOTY, so good to Sega for this amazing year. :P

Oct 30, 2017
Base PS4 version looks incredibly alright, and it looks like a stable 30fps too (though the framerate test was too short to be sure). This is reassuring.

I was afraid I'd have to wait for the PS5 version.
Fortunately, PS4 seems to be holding up decently with late generation games.

It's the One S versions that tend not to fair as well.

But both still quite better than late gen PS3 and 360 games.