• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hot.png
oiwPFQZ.jpg

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the other games to come out on PC/Xbox. 6 isn't especially big but all the other games preceding it that need ports are massive. 6 will be quite a relic despite being so late in the story when it comes out. I wonder if they will replace Nagumo with another actor again. Everything is kinda going slow and the work is massive, ain't no rest for these guys.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Good news, but I'm still waiting for the 3-5 remasters, :)

Hopefully Sega graces the PC Gaming Show again this year and we get the third edition of "Best of Japan" portovaganza

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird to see then jump straight to 7 without hide nor hair of 3 through to 6, nor Judgement.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
What has been announced on the xbox side again? These games have the potential to appear on their game pass for both PC and Xbox, depends on how much support they are getting from Microsoft, ain't a small catalogue of games that's for sure

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
IMO it does make sense to have this one day one with the western release, and then work on the back catalogue / Judgement. It's a new character and a great point of entry to the franchise, it has potential to do very well if it's released with the console version in the west.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
7 spoils some plot points of 5 and 6 and is a direct continuation of the world/canon. It also has major returning characters.

just a heads up in case you want to skip previous games or play 7 in dub.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Yay. Will use this one as a jumping in point.
It's very different in the main combat department,being all turned based jrpg combat versus the brawler type combat of all the other games. Story wise you will definitly get a good idea what the franchise is about though, and glimpses at the other main characters of the other games. Going backwards to see what Kiryu and Majima's and all the other guys' deal is should be entertaining if you choose to go for this game first.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
YES!

I played through the whole series earlier this year, i'm so ready for this in glorious 4K 60fps. <3

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh....

:'( I will never get to play it anytime this year, will I?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's very different in the main combat department,being all turned based jrpg combat versus the brawler type combat of all the other games. Story wise you will definitly get a good idea what the franchise is about though, and glimpses at the other main characters of the other games. Going backwards to see what Kiryu and Majima's and all the other guys' deal is should be entertaining if you choose to go for this game first.

The gameplay change is the reason I am mainly interested tbh. Really not fond of brawler-esque gameplay and that was always the turnoff on otherwise appealing packages.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Yessssssss. I've only played Yakuza 0 so far, but since I heard 7 was going turn based I've been looking forward to this. Of course gotta take it with a handful of salt, but I'm hyped if true.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay change is the reason I am mainly interested tbh. Really not fond of brawler-esque gameplay and that was always the turnoff on otherwise appealing packages.
Bringing in people like you was one of the reasons this game got made the way it is, and also the dev team getting bored with the same type of combat for a lot of games. Good stuff and whacky adventures mixed with japanese soap operas are abound no matter what. Feel free to check those other games out when you have the time, they aren't especially difficult on lower difficulties or any if you ask the hardcore fans, but going for PC gives you easy access on just plowing through content if you intend to. People have their hang-ups, i can't get good at the arcade games and many other minigames, but there's quite a lot of fun to be had.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Finished 3-5 on ps4 and waiting for pc version of 6. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later.
Definitely getting 6 and 7 on pc.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I said this elsewhere. But I imagine the plan is to get the rest of Yakuza on steam soon (Yakuza 3-6 you could totally just drop as a surprise release). Then to have this and the PS4 version launch at the same time.

I'd imagine they really want to has Yakuza 7 as a new entry point for the series and to hopefully get new fans on-board:

May 15, 2019
God I will be there day one on PC if they do simul-launch. Was preparing to part ways with the franchise because there's no way I'm buying a PS5 after my PS4 was just a Yakuza machine, but if they start doing multi-platform releases day and date for the West I will continue to support this series at launch.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
On one hand, it'd be really weird to have 7 on PC before the others.
On the other, it wouldn't be surprising to have a simultaneous launch in the west as it's a game that'll need it (lower sales in japan, harder to market like Judgment, etc).

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I am surpised to have don't judgement yet. I loved it on PS4 but that game could really benefit from PC performance.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine a version of this in English:

Granted it'd be Namba singing it, but same song. I really hope the Karaoke gets dubbed, just to see how the heck it turns out.

Also, sticking with dub talk - since Adachi is voiced by Solid Snakes Japanese VA, I wonder if they could get Hayer for his English VA. It'd be a great little nod, but would bastardise Machine Gun Kiss though!

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Well that's not surprising, but the question is whether it's going to be day one on PC along with the PS4 version. That has yet to happen with any of the Yakuza games, and I'd rather not double dip if there isn't going to be a long waiting period.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
From what I know of the story of this game, you'll want to play 3-6 beforehand. Hopefully it's a database listing just jumping the gun before those four games release first.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I wondered if they would skip 3-5 to give us more recent titles, but I assumed it was Judgement we'd be getting next.

May 15, 2019
From what I know of the story of this game, you'll want to play 3-6 beforehand. Hopefully it's a database listing just jumping the gun before those four games release first.
There's no reason people can't wait to play 7, they released 6 on PS4 without releasing 3-5 on PS4. Plenty of people own both a PS4 and PC and would buy a PC version day one.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
User Warned: Port-begging
also port Persona 5 before porting Yakuza
We have 3 Yakuza games on Steam, but only 1 Atlus game
Or port Valkyria: Azure Revolution because reasons

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
honestly no; You want ishin; much better game
Both rock, no need to just get one when I'd much rather get both localised. Ishin has amazing content, but has the weaker weapon stances in my opinion (gun kinda sucks to use in combat, no fun) meanwhile Kenzan gets both a solid single sword and dual sword load outs.Ishin has the better hand to hand combat though, more moves, a solid Tiger Drop and also a Tanimura style parry move. Ishin has amazing amounts of fanservice while Kenzan has a lesser amount of returning faces, but with really solid original characters. Majima is amazing in both.
Only concern with Kenzan is if they try remaking it with the new engine, I'm skeptical as to how well the old combat would work with that. I'd actually rather just get a remaster with a few QoL changes like improved FPS, resolution, elimination of load times for fights, no more fail/missable states for side stories etc.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Great news as the the Yakuza series would of tempted to buy a PS5 if they stopped being ported to PC. I have played 7 Yakuza's and Judgment in the last 2 years. For someone who doesn't usually like Japanese games this series has got it hooks in me.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is the story connected to the rest of the yakuza series?

currently playing kiwami after 0 and wanted to try and keep the progression going

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason people can't wait to play 7, they released 6 on PS4 without releasing 3-5 on PS4. Plenty of people own both a PS4 and PC and would buy a PC version day one.

I am among those people.

But if you have played only the games available on PC, being 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2, and then thought it would be a great idea to jump into Like A Dragon if it were made available next...narratively, you're in for a bad time.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
is the story connected to the rest of the yakuza series?
It's a fresh story, and a brand new main character, but it still takes place in the same universe after the other games, so expect known characters to make a come back, and references to past events. It's not 100% disconnected like Judgement was.