• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Nope, SSAA is not broken. Is just the performance is THAT good.

I mean, I know my graphics card is big (GTX 1070) but I didn't expect the performance to be THIS good.

Using 4K with Nvidia's DSR + using SSAA x4 inside the game and it was still working above 30 FPS! Holy shit.
Yeah, the performance is very good. I still get around 120 fps with SSAAx4 and everything on ultra at 1440p, with cutscenes being around 160fps. I did notice some minor screen tearing when turning the camera in the city, which is weird because I have a Gsync monitor.

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
Yes 6, and it should be, 6 and Kiwami 2 is 30 fps on PS4, 60 fps on PC would be a game changer on that Dragon Engine. 3 Remastered is 60 fps on PS4 (not that I don't want it on PC)

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
My body is ready.

I have played this extensively on the PS4 and now I have it on PC.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
No graphics/controls/audio settings screenshots? šŸ˜¬

Give a minute and i'll upload them my good friend :)

In the meantime, here are some screenshots comparing performance between differente resolutions:

4K + SSAAx2:

4kssaa2omjev.png

4K:

4krzk3h.png

1080p:

1080p4sj7i.png

And for the people concerned with ultrawidescreen support. I made a custom resolution of 1920x810 to test it, and this is the result:

uwwgj98.png

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Still in Chapter 3 of Yakuza 0. How much further do I have to go?

I'm taking my time with the game but now I'm worried that I'm going to be missing out on all the Kiwami hype by doing so

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017

I'm taking my time with the game but now I'm worried that I'm going to be missing out on all the Kiwami hype by doing so

You have a looooong way to go, expecially if you get into the minigames (and you should). Enjoy Zero, don't worry about Kiwami. You're playing the better game.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

There's
chapters in Yakuza 0 so you're nowhere near finished :p. Just take your time with 0, it's probably the best game in the series and should be played before Kiwami.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
You have a looooong way to go, expecially if you get into the minigames (and you should). Enjoy Zero, don't worry about Kiwami. You're playing the better game.
0 is like 17 chapters long. You got a really long way to go.
There's
chapters in Yakuza 0 so you're nowhere near finished :p. Just take your time with 0, it's probably the best game in the series and should be played before Kiwami.

Holy shit lol. It's amazing just how much feels at stake 3 chapters in that my mind's going crazy wondering how the story is going to unfold in the next 14. Having a really good time with it so far so I'll definitely be taking my time.

Thanks folks

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Another tip: unlock the Tiger Drop from the Komaki guy as soon as possible, it's hilariously broken (you can kill any boss in a few hits) and makes the late game fights a lot less grating. Especially if you have to fight a fully powered Majima for the millionth time.

Literally my favorite part of all Yazukas. Kinda sucks that it's nerfed in majority of the recent ones though. In 0 it uses your heat gauge each time you do it and it felt like 6 and kiwami 2 the timing is more strict compared to the other titles, but god is it soooo satisfying to do.

So glad Kiwami 1 still has it in its original broken state :D. Kinda why i like it slightly more than 0.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Literally my favorite part of all Yazukas. Kinda sucks that it's nerfed in majority of the recent ones though. In 0 it uses your heat gauge each time you do it and it felt like 6 and kiwami 2 the timing is more strict compared to the other titles, but god is it soooo satisfying to do.

So glad Kiwami 1 still has it in its original broken state :D

Tiger Drop in Judge Eyes basically puts it back to its broken state damage wise. Its pretty darn insane in a fantastic way. Only thing it lacks is the meter gain, but there are other moves that do that in JE.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a BSOD

But other than that performance has been great. All ultra @ 1440p plus SMAA 4X getting over 100 fps with a 2080

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The ultrawide support is kind of odd. It overall works correctly, but they bizarrely count heat actions as a "cutscene" and apply borders on the side of the screen during the heat action. It's a really odd kind of transition. I hope someone creates a mod soon to remove those borders.

Also, the keyboard and mouse controls would be fine, except mouse support appears to be broken? You can't really control the camera with it properly. It's like it has some form of extremely negative mouse acceleration applied by accident.

Those two issues aside, the port is fantastic and runs like a dream. Rockinng an i5-4460 and an RX 580 here. Getting 60 FPS across the board on ultra.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
So I have this on PS Plus but haven't started it. I played and finished 0 on PS4 and had a blast.

I also have a decent PC (Vega 64) and a 1440p 144hz monitor.

Does this have unlocked frame rate?

I just don't know if i should spend Ā£15 on the PC release for higher resolution and FPS or just play my free PSPlus version as it's 60fps also.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I have this on PS Plus but haven't started it. I played and finished 0 on PS4 and had a blast.

I just don't know if i should spend Ā£15 on the PC release for higher resolution and FPS or just play my free PSPlus version as it's 60fps also.

Yes it does. See disgraciau's images above running at like 130 FPS in the menus. I also confirmed in gameplay that it can run that fast too.

Cutscenes are locked to 30 by default, but there's an option in the menu to run them unlocked. I have no idea if that means it runs them at 60 or runs them at whatever tho.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
ouch talk about the fall off from zero. 0 had a highest ccu of 8k, Yakuza Kiwami is only 3.6k. hope it sells well enough to get the rest of them. I have been having alot of fun.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017

Yep. Up to 240 FPS, but if it's like Yakuza 0, you can disable the framerate limit editing a file (see PCGamingWiki if interested).

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Is it me or is it almost impossible to mash out of grabs by enemies? I don't think I ever got free when Shimano grabbed me, no matter how hard I mashed the A button... Or is it because I'm playing on hard?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is it almost impossible to mash out of grabs by enemies? I don't think I ever got free when Shimano grabbed me, no matter how hard I mashed the A button... Or is it because I'm playing on hard?

Not impossible, but its always been hard in the beginning to me. I know there's an upgrade in one of the skill trees that lets you get out of grabs easier, as well as throw enemies that have grabbed you, but you probably won't get access to the last one early in the game.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Is there any way to get playstation button graphics for this game? I'm using an xbox controller but can't get used to the button layout so I keep messing up during QTEs. Tried out karaoke and it was unplayable for me lol, my brain is too used to nintendo and playstation buttons.

Oct 25, 2017

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How is Kiwami compared to Zero at least as far as the main story goes? I'd imagine zero has more side content

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear it has autosaves. I got so used to them that I played Yakuza 0 for a couple of hours and quit, and came back later to realize there were no autosaves and I would have to start over from scratch, and I just couldn't bring myself to immediately go through the beginning all over again. Someday though.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still need to beat 0 on PC, and I only just beat Kiwami on PS4 about a year ago, so I may not pick this up for a while. With 6 rumored to be coming before Kiwami 2, I have quite a bit of time to pick this up. I'm so glad this series is finally on PC!

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Huh, turns out the reason it's practically impossible to mash out of grabs is because it's bugged on unlocked framerates. Also, is it normal to have every cutscene from every chapter already unlocked in the replay part of the main menu? I checked it out earlier and could already select every cutscene from every chapter in the game...

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
was busy yesterday but excited to get to this tonight or tomorrow

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
One advice: don't use SSAA x8 option in the game. Seems to be kind of broken because misses some graphics effects, nevermind the base resolution it uses. It can be noticed when looking at the lampposts:

1080p with SSAAx4:
834530_20190221115524j3jhp.png

1080p with SSAAx8:

834530_20190221115538f6kgq.png

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all talking about 1080p + 8XSSAA .. I'm happy with 1080p + FXAA High here on my 1080p monitor.