• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Before E3, huh? Only £24.99 too?! SEGA are the fucking best.

Double fucking dipping.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Real talk though, it definitely makes sense to bring Kiwami 2 over first but I really hope we get 6 next. There's such a great game underneath the plethora of awful technical problems.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect!!!

qIi0pUG.png

Jul 17, 2018
Great news, but it's weird the steam description doesn't mention Virtua Fighter 2:

Play fan favorite minigames including updated versions of the Cabaret Club simulator and Clan Creator, or check out all new additions like an arcade port of Virtual On, golf bingo, and Toylets.

Hmm.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Worth mentioning that first activity of Kiwami 2 on Steam was in August of 2018, seems they came to the decision to bring it over to PC straight after the PS4 launch. All the people that made this happen are the best.
https://steamdb.info/app/927380/history/

Lab42 have been super consistent with these ports and it helps that they're engaging with the community so they can make em even better.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice! That was quicker than expected.

h0y9ahI.png

Feels so good seeing these games on a PC library. Can't wait till it's the whole series.

Real talk though, it definitely makes sense to bring Kiwami 2 over first but I really hope we get 6 next. There's such a great game underneath the plethora of awful technical problems.
Yakuza 6 was probably the most impacting game in the franchise for me, it's going to be great to revisit it again with decent performance and AA.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
This will look glorious on PC.

Still making my way through 6 on PS4, it looks great but the framerate takes some getting used to coming off of 0 and Kiwami 1. Image quality can be a bit rough too. Can't wait to play 2 again in high resolution, high fps.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Genuinely glad this is coming real soon, fuckin' A+, honestly.

Deleted member 59

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system OS: Windows 10 (64-BIT Required) CPU: Intel Core i7-6700, 3.4 GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 3.7 GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB / Radeon RX Vega 56, 8GB RAM: 16GB Pre-set Graphics Setting: High Target FPS: 60FPS @1080p

That 1080p60 high requirements though :phew: My current build plays Y0 and Kiwami 1 in 4k60 ultra, doesn't look like coming anywhere near in this!

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Source please?
As far as I know, there's no localization planned of the PS4 ports of 3/4/5 yet.

It isn't, but they've *wink wink*'ed pretty hard a couple of times. The current theory is that they're waiting for the three remasters to come out and pack them in one release for the West.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Source please?
As far as I know, there's no localization planned of the PS4 ports of 3/4/5 yet.
No, you're totally right. I was mixing up Judgement's release date with those.

They removing some transphobic stuff makes me think they're already thinking of the western market, though.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It isn't, but they've *wink wink*'ed pretty hard a couple of times. The current theory is that they're waiting for the three remasters to come out and pack them in one release for the West.
That'd be fantastic.
To be honest, I mainly hope 3 is at least localized, since that's the only one not available digitally of for cheap physically in the west.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's what I'm hoping for myself and then 6 shortly afterwards. Hope we get Fist Of The North Star and Judgement as well.

Give them aaaaaaaaaaaaall to meeeeeeee.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone one Era wants to help me decide what new machine I need to get this running at 60FPS? As that's my next goal (its been long overdue anyway).

So, lets start talking mods - music mods specifically. How many minutes will it take for us to get a PS2 music mod? At least for the Crazy Ken stuff but the soundtracks are quite different this go around in places so one that puts the boss/fight music back as it was will most likely take a little longer.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Great!
I´m going to wait till those 2game- and DL gamer-offers are online.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a single Yakuza game. Where do I start?
The order is Zero, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 (Kiwamis are like remakes of 1 and 2).

Then wait for 3, 4, 5, 6. Yakuza 6 may come out earlier because it's already localized on PS4 but they are planning on releasing 3, 4 and 5 again as well. If they do release 6 early, you may not want to buy it right away because it may take a while to get 3, 4, 5.