• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Of note: if you want to buy it, it's £17.99 (which is £3 more than 0 and K1 were), or £14.39 with an active Game Pass sub.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading Kiwami 2 right now (US East) just search store for "yakuza" and it should be there

43GB

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Went live on the UK store at about 1am so fair to say around that in your region.
Already available here and is not midnight yet. Still have to wait 2 hours for the download. I hope I can play it at 60 fps at high settings, I have a Ryzen 2600 and a 5500 xt so if someone here have similar specs please let me know how the game is running in your machine.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the engine looks like such a step up from Yakuza 0 and Kiwami. Really happy I skipped the PS4 version for the increased FPS on PC.

I've missed you Kamurocho

Praise Phil for getting the game on Xbox/Win10 and also on Gamepass.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Framerate choppy for anyone else on Xbox One? (base Xbox One/Xbox One S.). Framerates not a smooth as Kiwami and 0 and it's a bummer so far.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I hope people enjoy it, such a great game.

Also, very happy that the Gamepass twitter account seems to be a big fan as well lol. I hope it's doing well for them so we continue to get sequels.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe that this run at 60 in my notebook.

Not even the One X does this right?

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Outlaw lullaby is incredible! It immediately skyrocketed to my favorite song in the franchise.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe I waited a year for this and thank goodness for Game Pass. Hoping this will be way better than 6 and rekindle my love for the series.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Still going through 0.
A marathon of 0 through kiwama 2 is too much Yakuza? Will I burn out?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Seems pretty demanding, my 2070 Super only just staying above 60 at 1440p. My 6600k is probably going to struggle at some parts of the city later.

Jocchan

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill
Still going through 0.
Your mileage may vary.
I played through 0, Kiwami, 4, 5 and 6 one after the other (but over a long period of time because of my extremely limited gaming time), all of them to around 80-90% completion, and only started feeling burnout when I got back to Kiwami 2 (which wasn't out yet when I beat Kiwami 1).

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
If there are no side quests with middle age men running around in underwear, I'm out 😁
Great OT by the way, so looking forward to playing this as didn't make much headway on the PS4 version

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I'm hearing there are issues with achievements showing up at all and sharing issues. Is this true? Kind of hoping there's a patch for this and One X support.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What is the extra DLC for this game?
Just DLC characters for the Majima Construction mode (overpowered characters), and maybe hostesses for the cabaret mode. Nothing that needs to be purchased to 100% the game, its a pretty easy 100%.

If there are no side quests with middle age men running around in underwear, I'm out 😁
Great OT by the way, so looking forward to playing this as didn't make much headway on the PS4 version
Well, you have the choice between a middle aged man stealing panties (not the same I know), or Kiryu's modelling side story (you cant miss it). Take you pick!

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the greats, and for my money the best looking game in the series to utilize the Dragon Engine (even thought Judgement was a bit of a letdown by comparison).

Kiwami 2 is solid, though I'd rank it below Yakuza 0 and 3 in terms of storytelling and side quests. I enjoyed a lot of the characters, including Ryuji Goda and Sayama, but the narrative loses its emotional impact due to the pacing and lack of focus in the middle act.

Still a great game and really glad more people get to enjoy it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greats, and for my money the best looking game in the series to utilize the Dragon Engine (even thought Judgement was a bit of a letdown by comparison).
Judge Eyes looks better - Kiwami 2 has a weird green filter in Kamurocho and makes it look worse compared to JE, 6 and 7. Also, JE has a sunset time of day, which looks gorgeous, and that's not present in Kiwami 2.

Also, 7 is the best looking of the Dragon Engine games ;) Better lighting during the day, no filter in Kamurocho etc.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The game has some weird bugs that I hope they address quickly. I don't know if someone else is experiencing the same but Everytime I open the game if defaults to 4k resolution even though I set 1080p. Also, if I set the framerate cap for 60 fps the game caps a 40 fps instead.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Still going through 0.
I played them all as they released (about 2 month break in between games) and i never felt burnt out.

I played 3 hours today. I want to keep playing so bad. Visual looks so much better than 0 and Kiwami and the physics in combat are hilarious and awesome. Nothing better than kicking a guy half way across a street.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The resolution is a real bummer but man is this a step up from the previous two games in terms of how seamless the world is. Not having loading when going into places is fucking awesome!

Ravenash

Apr 16, 2020
The resolution is a real bummer but man is this a step up from the previous two games in terms of how seamless the world is. Not having loading when going into places is fucking awesome!
Yeah, it seems is 1080p because there is a lot of aliasing.
C'mon sega, with the power of the console, at least you can make this run 1080p/60.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing through Zero but I can't wait to get up to date. I hope they port the rest of the games. Yakuza was THE series I wanted the most on Xbox, along with Dragon Quest.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
It's not X enhanced ? I thought about giving it another go after the PS4 version and see if it's still one of the weakest entry overall but I guess it's not really worth it.
That greenish tint given to the game was the dumbest idea ever.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it seems is 1080p because there is a lot of aliasing.
C'mon sega, with the power of the console, at least you can make this run 1080p/60.
Its not running at 60FPS. The X ain't that strong, it doesn't exactly take a toaster of a machine to get it running at 60 on PCs you know... But the res should be higher no doubt.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
For Majima Saga, I recommend unlocking them all (3 chapters iirc) before starting. They're very short so it's better to play it in one go.

Anyone who enjoy 0 should play Majima Saga.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
The games graphics are a huge step backwards. I'd bet it's not even 1080p on the One X.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Achievements are unlocking even though they appear as "not supported" so don't worry. Can someone tell me what an ally is? I did some side quests and some say i unlocked a character as an ally? I guess that's something that comes into play later then.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
The games graphics are a huge step backwards. I'd bet it's not even 1080p on the One X.

Other than some blurriness, I think it looks great.

Achievements are unlocking even though they appear as "not supported" so don't worry. Can someone tell me what an ally is? I did some side quests and some say i unlocked a character as an ally? I guess that's something that comes into play later then.

Yeah, I just unlocked the chapter one completion cheevo.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if its not 1080p that'd look hilarious on Sega's part, seeing as the PS4 Pro runs in 1080p. And graphically the new engine has more detailed character models, vastly better textures, vastly better lighting and some nice extra effects sprinkled in for good measure. Only thing that looks weird in 6 and Kiwami 2 are the eyes of certain characters (especially Haruka). That's tidied up for JE and 7 though - only things I'd say are a step backwards in the new engine is the combat (original 2 was better overall in my opinion) and the frame rate (though the FPS can be fixed by playing it on PC)