• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
50163457458_6e736a71c1_o.png

32852406097_0b32e36880_o.png

Kx6K9Hn.gif

s0eRnLb.gif

bwtcddS.gif

32852407077_509bd45a36_o.png

SunhiLegend for the gifs
In Amber Clad for the thread title​

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Hope everyone on Xbox enjoys this, it's among the best Yakuza games!

And don't play the Majima Saga before playing Yakuza 0.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
How are the side quests in this game? Cause I was pretty disappointed with them in kiwami 1 cause there was to much beat this guy up that I just got bored and finish the game in like 20-30 hours. For comparison I spent 100+ hours in Yakuza 0.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
How are the side quests in this game? Cause I was pretty disappointed with them in kiwami 1 cause there was to much beat this guy up that I just got bored and finish the game in like 20-30 hours. For comparison I spent 100+ hours in Yakuza 0.
0 has by far the best side quests, but Kiwami 2's are at least an improvement over 1's. There are some fun ones here.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018

I could play the cabaret game for hours, lol. Yakuza 0 was a much better game that Kiwami 1 all around.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I really do love how Sotenbori looks in the Dragon engine. That main shopping street just lights up beautifully at night.

That said, bring back Club Adam. I will never stop complaining about it getting cut in Kiwami 2 from the original 2 ;( Pity they cut all the unique club stuff from 2 to just reheat the same cabaret club from 0... at least when it was reused in FOTNS they actually changed up the gameplay somewhat, to make it feel like its own thing and not just clicking "copy, paste". Club story is at least a blast though.

I'll be interested in seeing what enhancements the One X version gets (just res I'd imagine, but still, I'm interested to see what it tops out at).

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
0 has by far the best side quests, but Kiwami 2's are at least an improvement over 1's. There are some fun ones here.
That's good to know. Kiwami 2 seems to have more minigames too.
I could play the cabaret game for hours, lol. Yakuza 0 was a much better game that Kiwami 1 all around.
I spent a lot of time there and also a lot of time dancing. I was so sad when I learned that dancing is a Yakuza 0 exclusive.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Where's the best place to start with these games? Can you just jump in on this? (Sorry no idea how the games are ordered or released)

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I finally had a title picked for something :D

Looking forward to nabbing this. I have GPU until the end of the year, but as with 0 and K1, I'll be buying a copy as an extra thank you for bringing these games over to my preferred platform.

Great OT Aurc !

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Two chapters from finishing Kiwami (my partner won't let me play it without them - they're hooked!) and just picked up the Remastered Collection to play on PS4 once I've finished Kiwami 2 on Game Pass.

Got a few games to race through before Series X Yakuza 7...

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I finally had a title picked for something :D

Looking forward to nabbing this. I have GPU until the end of the year, but as with 0 and K1, I'll be buying a copy as an extra thank you for bringing these games over to my preferred platform.

Great OT Aurc !
Thanks! I'm happy that these games I love so much can reach a wider audience, and also happy that a game like Cuphead finally gets ported to the PS4 (my preferred platform). Console warriors lose this week, but we win!

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Hope everyone on Xbox enjoys this, it's among the best Yakuza games!

And don't play the Majima Saga before playing Yakuza 0.

Holy shit, you just reminded me that I didn't finish Majima's story in Kiwami 2. I was saving it and then just moved on and forgot about it. Shame on me.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Two chapters from finishing Kiwami (my partner won't let me play it without them - they're hooked!) and just picked up the Remastered Collection to play on PS4 once I've finished Kiwami 2 on Game Pass.

Got a few games to race through before Series X Yakuza 7...
I'm still stuck on Yakuza zero trying to get some booze for folks. I want to focus on this game much more but there's so much content to consume. I can't keep up. I blame my newfound love of anime. Curse you Naruto, you gateway drug! Love that the series is on game pass. Game Pass seems to have helped start a conversation that might not have ever happened without the service.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still stuck on Yakuza zero trying to get some booze for folks. I want to focus on this game much more but there's so much content to consume. I can't keep up. I blame my newfound love of anime. Curse you Naruto, you gateway drug! Love that the series is on game pass. Game Pass seems to have helped start a conversation that might not have ever happened without the service.

Let me tell you, 'getting booze for folks' doesn't stop after Zero ends 😂

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Kiwami means extreme.

And kiwami 2 is really beautiful in comparison with kiwami 1 and zero.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Let me tell you, 'getting booze for folks' doesn't stop after Zero ends 😂
Ahh that's disappointing. It's hard for me to put up with tedious stuff now with way less time (and willingness unfortunately - hopefully that changes soon!) to play games. Being an adult kinda sucks. I get done work and try to play ghost of Tsushima and I fall asleep in the middle of boss battles 5 mins in lol

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Great remake of one of the best Yakuza games. I miss the Club Adam stuff, but the Four Shine stuff is pretty fantastic in it's own way too.

Basically everything in the series is better than Kiwami 1 in most regards, so you are in for a treat with the rest of the franchise. 4, 5 and 6 have especially solid substories.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna download this on PC even though I have an XBOX since I want to test how the Dragon Engine runs in my notebook and decide if I buy Like a Dragon on PC or XBOX.

Now, are the Yakuza games crossplay? Would be cool to play Like a Dragon on W10 and XBOX

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Where's the best place to start with these games? Can you just jump in on this? (Sorry no idea how the games are ordered or released)

I did Yakuza 0 > Kiwami > Kiwami 2, and would strongly recommend others do the same.
Not only is 0 a perfect entry point, but it also enhances all the story beats as you go forward. I have no idea about playing it in the OG release order, but can't see how that would be better considering the changes they also made to Kiwami and Kiwami 2 vs the OG versions.

The series is absolutely awesome if you like the fun japanese style, humour and juxtaposition of super serious with super ridiculous and funny. Yakuza 0 remains one of my favourite games. Kiwami is clearly showing it is brought down a bit by being based on an old game but is still good. Kiwami 2 is better but also a little bit restricted by being based its original game narrative etc. Absolutely worth it nevertheless, especially knowing later games keep improving.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I did Yakuza 0 > Kiwami > Kiwami 2, and would strongly recommend others do the same.
Not only is 0 a perfect entry point, but it also enhances all the story beats as you go forward. I have no idea about playing it in the OG release order, but can't see how that would be better considering the changes they also made to Kiwami and Kiwami 2 vs the OG versions.

The series is absolutely awesome if you like the fun japanese style, humour and juxtaposition of super serious with super ridiculous and funny. Yakuza 0 remains one of my favourite games. Kiwami is clearly showing it is brought down a bit by being based on an old game but is still good. Kiwami 2 is better but also a little bit restricted by being based its original game narrative etc. Absolutely worth it nevertheless, especially knowing later games keep improving.

thanks, that's genuinely helped a lot. I've heard great things about the series but it's something ive just never got round to playing

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i love the game, love the new engine but damn the battles are way too simplistic, too easy, really dont like the new fighting

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
i love the game, love the new engine but damn the battles are way too simplistic, too easy, really dont like the new fighting
Yeah, it's pretty mindless. Not big on the Dragon Engine combat myself. I did have a brief meltdown period (as did others) when I found out Yakuza 7 would be a turn-based RPG, but then I realized that I'd rather welcome something new than stay with the combat of 6, K2, and Judgment.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've been waiting for this for awhile. After Yakuza Kiwami 1 I wanted to get the PC version for 60FPS and right when I was about to they announced the Xbox version so I had to wait some more lol.

Length wise this is closer to Y1 rather than 0 right? Where it's more of a 20 hour game vs 40?

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Agreed. Almost every Yakuza fan universally finds the combat in the Dragon Engine games boring. They're a lot like Musou games: mindless, repetitive, and button mashy. While I appreciate what Judgement did with its two fighting styles and wall actions, it was still pretty dull overall.

I've been waiting for this for awhile. After Yakuza Kiwami 1 I wanted to get the PC version for 60FPS and right when I was about to they announced the Xbox version so I had to wait some more lol.

Length wise this is closer to Y1 rather than 0 right? Where it's more of a 20 hour game vs 40?
Just about, yeah. Especially if you ignore everything. Howlongtobeat says K2 is 18.5 hours to K1's 18 hours on main story alone.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

I managed to do a two thirds of the games content (a lot more than necessary) in 40hrs.
With Yakuza 0 I did something like 70hrs and hadn't done half the content.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Enjoy Xbox gamers. Had a blast with this game on PS4 and especially PC, one of my favorites in the series.
Will buy the Xbox version to support it though I won't be playing it.

Game sure is a looker.
IRMYwqYh.jpg

Thanks! I'm happy that these games I love so much can reach a wider audience, and also happy that a game like Cuphead finally gets ported to the PS4 (my preferred platform). Console warriors lose this week, but we win!
Yeah and next month we got Horizon on PC too. It's great seeing all these titles getting ports on all sorts of different platforms now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah and next month we got Horizon on PC too. It's great seeing all these titles getting ports on all sorts of different platforms now.
Yes!
Can I start with the Majima Saga or should I play through the main game first?
You don't even unlock the entirety of the Majima Saga until you've made substantial story progress in the main game. I'd suggest leaving the entire thing for afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice OT. Played through this at launch and then picked it up on Steam to go through with the music restoration mod. Still haven't gotten around to that.

Yeah, it's like 3 or 4 hours longer than Kiwami 1, to my recollection.

There's another city, so a bit more side content to do.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately Kiwami 2 neuters the difficulty from the original game which partially affects my enjoyment on the game. Not to the point where I don't love it (the series has been insanely easy from Yakuza 4 and never really recovered after all) but I do feel that more care should have been put into Kiryu's fighting style - what they did in Kiwami 2 was copy over 6's Kiryu and slap a few missing moves onto him (certain Komaki moves that were absent in 6 for example) but much like how Kiwami wasn't really rebalanced for 1's bosses (which makes someone like Arase a pushover thanks to Rush style), the same was done here and Kiryu is just a monster when it comes to damage, especially after you meet Komaki and get the extra heat mode. It all look sorta cool with the zoom in heat finishers and all, but between this, certain moves STILL being cut and heat moves just being way too damaging it makes the game (especially the bosses) too easy.

For my money, I've come to prefer the original version of 2 over the remake - the PS3 remaster of 2 being my preferred way to play it since it keeps the combat, content and difficulty of the original but also smooths a few things over from the PS2 version. The remake is an interesting version of 2, but cut content, worse music (and so much of it cut) and the combat prevent it from being the version I'd recommend. As always, if anyone does have the opportunity, its well worth playing the original version of 2 as well just to see how it compares to the remake, its aged exceptionally well.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've been waiting all year for this! As soon as Xbox confirmed these were coming to game pass i've been waiting patiently.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I really do love how Sotenbori looks in the Dragon engine. That main shopping street just lights up beautifully at night.

That said, bring back Club Adam. I will never stop complaining about it getting cut in Kiwami 2 from the original 2 ;( Pity they cut all the unique club stuff from 2 to just reheat the same cabaret club from 0... at least when it was reused in FOTNS they actually changed up the gameplay somewhat, to make it feel like its own thing and not just clicking "copy, paste". Club story is at least a blast though.

I'll be interested in seeing what enhancements the One X version gets (just res I'd imagine, but still, I'm interested to see what it tops out at).

Any news? Would be nice if it was at least 1440p on X.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
So when the game is gonna be available to download? Is it midnight or sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon?