• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I did it! I finally beat Judgment. I mentioned it a couple of times already, but considering my love for the Ryu ga Gotoku studio and all their games (yes, even Dead Souls!) it's kind of embarrassing that it took me so frigging long. To my defense: Real life stuff happened shortly after the game released and thus I had troubles getting into the right mood to play it (and because of that I played some other games instead). I'm always trying as much as possible in those games (Yakuza 6 was the only one I platinumed, because it was the easiest to get the platinum in), never really aiming for the 100% completion though, since most of the time it's a huge grind. But I always do all side missions, most of the mini games etc. My completition rate for Judgment was 67% at the end, which I'm quite happy with. Overall it took me 62 hours. The Shin Amon fight sure was something. I banged my head against him for quite a while, doing a "Yoshaaaaa" in Yagami's voice when I finally beat him. For me personally it was the hardest Amon fight they ever did.

I don't have much to add to what others like shadowman16 already said about the game. For me, it's easily one of the best by the Ryu ga Gotoku studio and it once again showed me why they're one, if not even my favorite developers. The story is great, interesting and dare I say quite "innovative" (for the lack of a better term) for a AAA video game? I mean sure, you have your Yakuza-type characters, you have corruption etc. But it's also about Alzheimer's, a drug for it and about morales etc. The Ryu ga Gotoku writers always try to not do a run-of-the-mill story, but I feel like with this game they wrote one of their bests. It's fantastic and by the end of the game I was so high-blooded, getting really emotional. The twists are great. I didn't even see some of them coming, like for example
Sugiura being Emi Terazawa's brother.
The final chapters were a rollercoaster of emotions. Some parts of it... without spoiling anything: Dare I say the Ryo ga Gotoku Studio should try themselves on a horror game some time? The final boss fight was great too. Very moody atmosphere, great music, nice twist in the fight itself and overall just a great and fun final boss fight. Loved all the side characters. They really fleshed them out.

As for the rest of the gameplay: I guess the only thing I didn't like were the tailing missions. They could've been handeled better. Especially the last one was a pain. But really, that's just nitpicking. The side cases and regular side stories were all fun. I saw myself laughing quite a few times. Seeing Kamurocho from a different perspective was great and as I previously mentioned: Running around town after my Japan trip felt just as surreal as walking around real life Kabukicho after playing the Yakuza games since the very first one. I really love what they did with the credits too. Nice idea and it gave me a huge smile. I wouldn't mind if they would visist the Judgment IP again in the future. It shows what they can do with the formula, using it to create something new and fresh. I also wouldn't mind them doing something entirely new again, too. Either with the Yakuza formula, or something entirely new. Of course, a shoutout to the localization, which once again was top notch. I don't care about the English dub, but of course I'm happy for the people who rather want play with it. Many kudos for licensing the theme song(s) this time, too. It really added a lot. I hope they continue doing that from now on!

Judgment once again showed me why I love the devs so much. <3

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
without spoiling anything: Dare I say the Ryo ga Gotoku Studio should try themselves on a horror game some time?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!
I've started asking for this after playing a few side stories and parts of JE and Yakuza 6... they actually do great stuff with some weird character's roaming Kamruo's underworld and just unsettling atmospheres. A full on horror game based around Kamurocho or something, or just a really, really dark murder mystery with strong horror vibes would be awesome.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the game as well! Its something I look forward to replaying at some point, once I get a few others replayed first. The final chapter and side stories in the game are fantastic, some of the devs best work. They manage to build up the stakes and emotional payoff well in that final chapter in a way only they seem to be able to...

Anyway, not much done on Yakuza 7 this week yet but I have been listening to the full spec Karaoke songs. Its a very strong line up. A nice mix of old and new songs, and speaking of old songs - Machine Gun Kiss is so damn good, easily the standout track for me. Solid Snake Adachi puts a fantastic spin on it, and is easily my favourite version of the song (and even more so now I've heard the full version)

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Machine Gun Kiss is so damn good

It really is the best version of the song. Bakamitai on the other hand, wasn't feeling Namba's version. Same with Butterfly, Ichiban's part in that song was no where near Kiryu's.

Overall I still think Kiryu and Akiyama have the best singing voice in the franchise. Ichiban needs songs more suitable for his voice and not Kiryu's deep magnetic voice.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I really quite like Namba's version. Though Akiyama's probably is still the best version of the song. Kiryu is damn good as well for pretty much any song, but I really, REALLY like his voice (I could listen to that all day long!)

I'm just glad we got new songs with full FMV vids. After Kiwami 1 and 2 not doing new FMV's for the couple of new songs introduced, I was worried for 7 but they really knocked it out of the park in that regard. Guessing its the difference between a full on sequel budget to that of a remake.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Question re: Yakuza 0- are their better chapters later in the game than Chapters 6-8 for working on businesses, side quests, minigames, etc? I got up to Chapter 8 when the PS4 released a few years ago (got distracted by real life and other games- it wasn't Yakuza 0's fault) and I'm replaying now and back up to Chapter 6.

I know about Premium Adventure Mode. I'm just curious if the game builds up so much momentum and/or the chapters start to block off side content in the later parts of the game that it makes sense to focus on the side stuff in Chapters 6-8? Or if there are other somewhat natural breaks later?

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 a few days ago and it was pretty solid. I liked Ryuji as the villain even though he was rather boneheaded with his decisions. He reminded me of Nishitani mixed with Kuze from 0. Although I found the twists rather eye-rolling and unintentionally funny in true Yakuza fashion.

Terada: "It's me, Kiryu. It was me all along, Kiryu. I'm not who you think I am and will go off on a monologue explaining why." *gets shot*
Terada: "Actually it wasn't me lol. I'm going to tug at your emotions and pretend to blow up this bomb."
Takashima: *laughs maniacally* "Daejin Kim was right, it wasn't him. It was ME pulling all the strings and soon I will take over the Tojo clan". "Dies after a small monologue*
*Macho man fight with Ryuji ensues as Kaoru is sent down the elevator*
Kiryu: "Welp, I have thick plot armor since I have four more games in which I star in. Kaoru, you're gonna ghost me in several months and text me from America. Let's make out as this bomb pretends to explode.
Kaoru: "Okay, let's do that. You're so warm Kazuma." *"Bomb explodes*
CREDITS ROLL
RGGS: Just kidding! They're still alive lol. Buy Yakuza 3. See you then!

I was laughing out loud throughout the entire time since it reminded me of a Bond film. All jokes aside, I liked how the ending came full circle by starting at the cemetery and ending at the cemetery. If 1's ending was about loss and new beginnings, 2's is about loss and remembering those who passed. Otherwise, I think I enjoyed 2's settings more than 1, super ridiculous stuff in Chapter 12 aside. 1's story is certainly more grounded than 2's though. But in both games, the bosses were stupidly easy to steamroll through.

Anyway, I'll try and mop up a few more trophies, finish going through the Majima Construction campaign, and some other side activity stuff. The last Bouncer Mission is a pain in the ass and Akagi's Challenge is the only substory I need to unlock the last set of substories. Nevermind going through the last three Bouncer missions on the 2 higher difficulties and yes I have the post-game weapons. =/

Question re: Yakuza 0- are their better chapters later in the game than Chapters 6-8 for working on businesses, side quests, minigames, etc? I got up to Chapter 8 when the PS4 released a few years ago (got distracted by real life and other games- it wasn't Yakuza 0's fault) and I'm replaying now and back up to Chapter 6.

I know about Premium Adventure Mode. I'm just curious if the game builds up so much momentum and/or the chapters start to block off side content in the later parts of the game that it makes sense to focus on the side stuff in Chapters 6-8? Or if there are other somewhat natural breaks later?
Once you reach the business portion and do the tutorial, it's completely optional. There are 2 chapters in which either character doesn't have access to the business part of the game for story reasons. Furthermore, Chapter 16 is the point of no return with either character until Premium Adventure. Other than that, you're free to do the side stuff whenever you want. The devs never bash players over the head to do it.

Reasons for doing it right away: You'll get easy money (with Kiryu in particular since he makes more than Majima), you can upgrade skills, and it unlocks a new style upon completing it. Reasons against doing right away: You'll be OP against story bosses and it's a time sink. It really depends on how easily addicted you get to doing side stuff. Personally, I was hooked once everything clicked in both businesses (although I had a guide open for Majima's business to learn the hand gestures). That is to say, feel free to do it at your own pace.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Aside from some fights in the real estate side of things (which are worth tackling when your leveled up just because they can be a pain) there's not too much reason to tackle it later. Majima gets a few decent hostesses unlocked in later chapters as well, but you'll probably mainly be rocking the plat hostesses and a couple of gold ones late into the game anyway so even those become not so important.

Mini game wise difficulty is fixed. So there's no need to tackle them earlier/later because they won't ever become either easier or harder. So just tackle them whenever.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hey guys! So I played the original Yakuza back when it released and really enjoyed it. I remember the hype and discussion for Yakuza 2's release back in the GAF days but it wasn't something I was able to pick up at the time and I never really got back in the series, despite keeping up with some news and wanting to desperately play the Samurai spin offs including creating a Japanese PSN account to play the demo on PS3. lol

Anyways just over 2 years ago I jumped back in with Yakuza 0 and had a blast. I decided to pick up Kiwami to refresh my memory from playing the original. I didn't finish it but then recently I picked up Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6 on sale, so I just jumped back in and finished Kiwami and now I've literally just started Kiwami 2 and it's blowing my mind how good it looks and the differences. lol

Anyways I just wanted to lament me finding my love for the series again and being shocked at the improvements with the second game and thanks to the recent play through I've also preorder the physical day 1 remastered set so I'm planning to play them in order before moving on to Judgement and finishing up FOTNS...one day...lol

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Once you reach the business portion and do the tutorial, it's completely optional. There are 2 chapters in which either character doesn't have access to the business part of the game for story reasons. Furthermore, Chapter 16 is the point of no return with either character until Premium Adventure. Other than that, you're free to do the side stuff whenever you want. The devs never bash players over the head to do it.

Reasons for doing it right away: You'll get easy money (with Kiryu in particular since he makes more than Majima), you can upgrade skills, and it unlocks a new style upon completing it. Reasons against doing right away: You'll be OP against story bosses and it's a time sink. It really depends on how easily addicted you get to doing side stuff. Personally, I was hooked once everything clicked in both businesses (although I had a guide open for Majima's business to learn the hand gestures). That is to say, feel free to do it at your own pace.
Aside from some fights in the real estate side of things (which are worth tackling when your leveled up just because they can be a pain) there's not too much reason to tackle it later. Majima gets a few decent hostesses unlocked in later chapters as well, but you'll probably mainly be rocking the plat hostesses and a couple of gold ones late into the game anyway so even those become not so important.

Mini game wise difficulty is fixed. So there's no need to tackle them earlier/later because they won't ever become either easier or harder. So just tackle them whenever.

Thanks!

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
My pleasure! The only other thing that I'll add is that most of the mini games come down to hoping for good RNG (cheat items help) and some skill. The worst offender in 0 is the Cat Fight mini game which I think is one of the worst mini games in the series. It's an exercise in patience or frustration depending on how much you can stomach it for 100%.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!
I've started asking for this after playing a few side stories and parts of JE and Yakuza 6... they actually do great stuff with some weird character's roaming Kamruo's underworld and just unsettling atmospheres. A full on horror game based around Kamurocho or something, or just a really, really dark murder mystery with strong horror vibes would be awesome.

I would really dig that and I think they could easily pull that off. The underground can potentially be huge. They can let us go in abandoned buildings etc. I really liked that part in Yakuza 6 and I think they made it even better (even though it was a bit shorter) in Judgment and added to it with side stories like the one about the "haunted" appartment. I could definitely see them to try something out with that in the near future. I mean they aren't afraid of trying new things. They proved that a couple of times now, especially recently with Yakuza 7. :)

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Finished Yakuza 7. Very interesting new take on the formula. Overall it was a mostly positive experience with some annoying bits here and there, mostly early on before i could more efficiency grind on the arena, level up and make some money. My lack of experience with RPGs of this kind (i pretty much don't play them whatsoever) and the language barrier also contributed to my frustration no doubt. Can't comment on the story but i enjoyed what i could observe. Liked how content packed it is. Still prefer the older titles of course but, as someone that was fully not on board with the new direction when the game was first announced, i had more fun than i expected.

I still hope that real time combat isn't fully gone though and i want to see the team go back to tackle it in some future project, spin-off or otherwise, perhaps with Judgment 2 if that ever becomes a thing. Being a big fan of 3D beat em ups myself, the real time combat is one of the main reasons i love these titles so i hope it isn't the end.

Anyways, right now, my hype is solely focused on Yakuza 5 Remastered and eagerly waiting for some PC port news of 3-6 or Judgment.​

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Powering up in 7 is definitely a case of (from my experience) equal parts getting a decent point to fight the hobo metal slime type enemies, and getting the modding place leveled up fully. I'm overpowered for chapter 11, but that's because I know what's coming. So its future proofing in a way. I think I should be hitting the arena next chapter, which I've been looking forward to.

Definitely feels like I'm entering the final act of the game though, with the players on the board, and the finale starting to appear in the distant background. Its all so damn good, I've been enjoying the side stuff loads, about 86% done with the mini game completion list and pretty far behind the rest of the lists as well.

Its hard to say if its better than past games or not. Combat keeps getting better the more I level up as I get more badass weapons and moves all the time, but I do love the original combat as well. But I guess the best way to sum up my experience is - I'm 90 hours into the game and can't put the damn thing down. Its just a sheer joy to play. So whether or not its better than the old games, if you like Yakuza there's definitely fun to be had. Though I guess if you hate turn based combat, that's gonna hurt your enjoyment of part of it... but that's certainly not the case for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing Dead Souls today. The game is really fun even on a replay. It is not perfect and I can totally see why people dislike it but I personally find shooting zombies in the game really satisfying. Not to mention the game is a dream come true to fans who wanted to play as "crazy" Majima and Ryuji. Plus you get more Akiyama and Hana chan which is always a plus.

I wish they remastered the game as well. The only issue I got with it is the framerate and that being fixed would make the game even more fun. Something else I never realized before or forgot about is how damn good the soundtrack in the game is. The theme song in particular is one of the best in the series. Hopefully PS5 has backwards compability with PS3 games and it makes the performance and resolution better cause other than that, it doesn't really need any revising when it comes to dialogue.

I doubt I will beat it before Yakuza 5 remastered so I might have to stop playing at the end of Akiyama's part until I finish the replay of 5.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The only issue I got with it is the framerate and that being fixed would make the game even more fun.
Camera And reworked/customizable control scheme.

I'm baffled at whoever responsible with the L2 aim (I think?), where you could head-lock on for a moment, and yet, the camera control with LEFT ANALOG STICK!?

It's modern Resident Evil shooting while being Resident Evil 4 at the same time...

Oct 27, 2017
Camera And reworked/customizable control scheme.

I'm baffled at whoever responsible with the L2 aim (I think?), where you could head-lock on for a moment, and yet, the camera control with LEFT ANALOG STICK!?

It's modern Resident Evil shooting while being Resident Evil 4 at the same time...
Yeah I am not sure why they did this.
Same with not being able to move while aiming. I guess the AI wouldn't be challenging if they did it cause they are too simplistic.

It sucks, the game would have been much better recieved if they didn't have these issues.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Souls is basically a late PS1/PS2 controlling game released after everyone had already perfected aiming controls last gen. They actually changed the controls slightly compared to the Japanese version which felt slightly weirder still... Granted the game is an arcadey "shoot all zombies" thing much like earlier RE/Dead Rising games prevented you from moving and aiming at the same time...
I guess remastering it and letting you move/aim at the same time might actually prove to break the game by making it too easy (like RE4, having to route yourself into the ground while aiming is a risk/reward state where you have to be sure you can hit the enemy before they hit you... though to be fare RE4's combat still holds up damn well today while DS... well its still mindless fun!)

Of course if they were to increase the enemy count/health it could probably keep things balanced. EDF has basic (yet decent) aiming, that could be perfect for DS and with similar tweaking like EDF does to its enemies as the game goes on, it could probably work out fine in a remaster. I mean, Sega also have the Binary Domain controls/aiming to work with, but that game is a cover shooter (a damn good one) while EDF is basically the perfect arcadey action control scheme (well, save for a sprint button...)

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up my copy of the remastered collection from the post office.

The packaging looks quite nice. The case has quotes from some staff members reflecting on history of the series:

Last edited:

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know if there's a preload for yakuza 5 remastered? 🤔

It comes out in 10ish hours here and i'd love to start playing at midnight, I already bought the collection but I can't find yakuza 5 remasetered anywhere on the store or in my purchase history

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That collection looks lovely. Mine should arrive today/tomorrow with any luck. Not that I'll be replaying any of them quite yet, I'm aiming for grand champion of Go Karting in 7 at the moment!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
EQaw6c-U0AUWM5O

EQaw6c-UUAIeMh5

🤗🤗🤗

for some reason Y5 remastered shows up for $40 AUD after I purchased it for free

EQaw6dAVAAMVPvQ

J75

Sep 29, 2018
The Yakuza 5 hype is real. We are so close. Can't wait to dig back in to some realt time combat after playing the import of 7 these last couple of weeks.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
My card got charged so here we go. I haven't bought a game at full price in a while. I wonder if someone is making the OT for it. I'll check out the free theme but I hope it's smooth. I liked the Untitled Goose Game theme but it was a tad bit sluggish so I switched back to the DQ XI theme.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
After getting 7's , I going to replay Yakuza 1 and try for the platinum trophy.

Also, I still have my japanese copy of 5 sealed. I'm hopeless haha

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'll try again tomorrow (I have digital copies of the games). Thanks.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
After getting 7's , I going to replay Yakuza 1 and try for the platinum trophy.

Also, I still have my japanese copy of 5 sealed. I'm hopeless haha
1HD or Kiwami? Kiwami's is a pretty easy plat aside from one part of the game on Legend, but 1HD has no difficulty options so its a very straight forward plat aside from devil child Haruka 20 homerun evilness!

I'm getting closer to 7's plat as I continue to play. Still early in chapter 12 but managed to max out all of Ichiban's human stats (really not hard if you are going for a 100% run, you'll naturally get it with 0 effort). Also almost maxed out my main jobs for each character, and I've not even reached other cities yet!

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
1HD or Kiwami? Kiwami's is a pretty easy plat aside from one part of the game on Legend, but 1HD has no difficulty options so its a very straight forward plat aside from devil child Haruka 20 homerun evilness!

I'm getting closer to 7's plat as I continue to play. Still early in chapter 12 but managed to max out all of Ichiban's human stats (really not hard if you are going for a 100% run, you'll naturally get it with 0 effort). Also almost maxed out my main jobs for each character, and I've not even reached other cities yet!
Ideally going for both eventually, but 1HD at the moment!

7's platinum is about as easy as 6's.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally going for both eventually, but 1HD at the moment!

7's platinum is about as easy as 6's.
Yeah, 7's trophies have been popping right and left for me. 62%ish at the moment and I still have lots to do. It basically feels like its just "experiment with everything" to get the plat, but its even easier if you just follow the completion lists like I do because it means some of the other trophies (max out stats etc.) just happen naturally that way.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Shit of course i forgot to get that day 1 edition... maybe it's for the best since the standart edition fits my collection better.

I assume the standart edition has 2 disks right? Anyone that got that one can confirm?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, a little more progress into Yakuza 7 and I've finally reached
Sotenbori. Its beautiful, as always. I really think they did a brilliant job bringing the main shopping strip of Sotenbori into the Dragon Engine. Also, anyone else get nostalgic when the random battle theme started? I mean, they just took Kiwami 2's battle theme and reused that, but when you have perfection there's no need to improve on it!

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Shit of course i forgot to get that day 1 edition... maybe it's for the best since the standart edition fits my collection better.

I assume the standart edition has 2 disks right? Anyone that got that one can confirm?
I just checked Sega's Twitter account and so far, they've been mum about the standard edition. AFAIK, there's no product page for it yet. But as with other Sega games, expect the standard edition to be revealed and promoted a few weeks after the Day One Edition print run buzz ends. I can only infer that the standard edition will be 2 discs as well but obviously lack the Y5 PS3 case as a bonus.

Icepick_1878

Nov 29, 2017
Replayed Y3 during the last few weeks.

I was scared going into it, because it was my first Yakuza game back in the day and I hold it in such high regard that it could only disappoint.

So what can I say? It's still my favorite game of all time :)

Story:
Amazing. The orphanage stuff is as good as I remembered it, Mine is a fantastic villain and the whole Okinawa politics stuff was also good. The CIA involvment might be a little over the top, but that's Yakuza. Rikiya :(

Boss Battles:
Mine, Kanda, Lau, Majima x2, Joji... Great set-pieces, all of them memorable and just right difficulty wise. Well, except for the first Tamashiro fight. That one was an absolute SOB on hard.

Substories:
Mostly routine but some fantastic ones like the Cafe Alps Murder. I enjoyed the approach to solving the case more than the one in Judgment.

Went straight to Yakuza 4 after that. It's strange because I remember liking it back then but I forgot nearly all the the details of the story.

I can't believe they pulled the
"turning your back on a bad guy with a gun"
shit again within the first hour the game.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked Sega's Twitter account and so far, they've been mum about the standard edition. AFAIK, there's no product page for it yet. But as with other Sega games, expect the standard edition to be revealed and promoted a few weeks after the Day One Edition print run buzz ends. I can only infer that the standard edition will be 2 discs as well but obviously lack the Y5 PS3 case as a bonus.

In uk online stores the day one is pretty much gone, only stardart edition now. I hope it really has the disks and not just some codes for download.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
In uk online stores the day one is pretty much gone, only stardart edition now. I hope it really has the disks and not just some codes for download.
Ah, that's true. I'm sure people will post pictures of the standard edition on social media. I agree it would be pretty lame to have digital download codes like the Outer Wilds physical version for Switch.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My physical copy should arrive tomorrow, I'll probably try and squeeze in Yakuza 3 if this week allows it...cause next week is Vanquish/Bayo week.

I'm curious as to the changes for 5 overall, kind of surreal considering all the time before when we were BEGGING for 5 to get localized and now two versions of it exist in the West, hahahaha.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
5 Remaster in up in the UK Store fwiw. Don't remember 3&4 being as convoluted to actually get the game, I had to search for it and add to basket then go through credit card check for some reason even though it's free.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
My physical edition got shipped today. Will likely take a week before it arrives here, because for whatever reason I went with the US version. See, I'm from Europe but my main account is an US account, so I figured I might as well have all the Yakuza games as the US version on the PS4. Not entirely sure why I went physical, because I went 99% digital (except some Japanese imports) this generation. But I also want something Yakuza related in my hands again. And I guess the Yakuza 5 case completes my PS3 "collection". Either way, looking forward to digging into Yakuza 3 and 4 again eventually. 5 is still too fresh on my mind.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Crossed the 100 hour mark on Yakuza 7 today. Only managed to progress the story by accident! (I wanted to do more modding, instead got into a big ol' boss fight). Loving it, its definitely the "skill check" stage sorta, but I guess this time its down to more what gear you have, and what Kiwami moves you have unlocked, as you'll be needing some decent buffs and debuffs alongside some decent Kiwami moves and summons for chapter 12's fight!

Cleared the arena as well, actually one of the easier ones really, 30 floors, and I was getting decent XP and further leveling up as I went. Can definitely say that playing the game at my pace means that the game is probably a bit on the easy side compared to doing a more story focused run which would make things harder.

Personally, I'm loving the game still! Its nice to have a proper decent boss, as it feels the first few are merely appetisers for these later bosses.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical copy of the remastered collection. Looks great on the shelf, though the case is a little flimsy.

How can I get the PS4 theme (I already own the digital collection also)?

Oct 27, 2017
I could've sworn Yakuza 6 was in the Steam Database but it's no longer there. Are the post Kiwami 2 games even going to come to PC at this point?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I think Judgment will probably come this summer.

Part of me thinks that they will put Y6 on PC in the latter half of the year while Y7 gets localized on consoles in the same timeframe. But I wouldn't be shocked if they put the Remastered Collection on PC in the second half of the year instead and do Y6 on PC in first half of 2021 with Y7 on PC in second half of 2021.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I could've sworn Yakuza 6 was in the Steam Database but it's no longer there. Are the post Kiwami 2 games even going to come to PC at this point?
Eventually, since Sega likes money, porting their back catalog of games to Steam has proven to be quite a good business decision. With Y0-K2 now on Xbox One, it's only a matter of time so all you can do is be patient and wait. By E3 there should be news about that stuff.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually, since Sega likes money, porting their back catalog of games to Steam has proven to be quite a good business decision. With Y0-K2 now on Xbox One, it's only a matter of time so all you can do is be patient and wait. By E3 there should be news about that stuff.
Hell, Kiwami 2 came out on PC less than a year ago. It says so much about how aggressive Sega has been with the series since Y0's release that 9 months with no Yakuza release on a platform feels like relative radio silence.

Plus, consoles are pretty much all caught up now and PC will probably be there in a year. If we assume that PC releases will continue to lag behind console localizations then I think it's reasonable to slow the pace a bit at this point.