• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing 4 on Hard but had to restart after the Saejima fight once he washes up on the beach, a lack of an obvious arena just made it seriously unenjoyable as I kept getting stuck in an invisible corner and subsequently bounced around.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Grabs (throws or punching him in the head) work great in that fight. Its a pity that you can't adjust difficulty on the fly as 4 is just so painfully easy (even on hard) that it actively hurt my enjoyment somewhat on the game (Champion Ring is a good but not perfect alternative).

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I could grab him two or three times and knock him down to about half health, but then I'd just get stuck and he'd turn red after a couple of quick taunts. Playing now as Tanimura and the fights aren't really challenging so it's a shame it wasn't a bit better balanced there.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Saejima's stuff is just front loaded. His escape and first couple of boss fights really required a more powerful build of him than what you get. He's a monster when fully upgraded. Thankfully in 5 there's a small point in his beginning chapter that lets you level him up a bit that serves you well throughout his part.

If you want to make Tanimura's fights harder, equip a champion ring. You should be able to get one out of the packs you can collect from Naomi's place (located on Nakamichi Street). It makes enemies way more aggressive, great for Tanimura who can just parry/counter the attacks and mess them up.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
4 is also my favorite in the series. It comes full circle beautifully, and has a great ending to the series, before 5 messed everything up.

It's up there with T2 and RotJ as 'just pretend it ended here' experiences.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
4 doesn't really come full circle beautifully when the entire end chapter is just fucking stupid. I'm glad 5 and 6 exist to basically finish Kiryu's story in a slightly less silly manor (and while both have questionable plot twists in their endings, its still less bad than the last hour or so of plot in 4).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
z_5dc95795c3283.jpg

So... the dude has a shotgun but opts for an Optic Blast instead. Guess Adachi didn't see that one coming. Makes me wonder what other out there attacks/enemies we'll see while Ichiban is tripping balls.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
4 doesn't really come full circle beautifully when the entire end chapter is just fucking stupid. I'm glad 5 and 6 exist to basically finish Kiryu's story in a slightly less silly manor (and while both have questionable plot twists in their endings, its still less bad than the last hour or so of plot in 4).
4 has a happy ending for just about everyone involved, you sure as hell can't say that about 5 or 6.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Chapter 9 of Judgement and even though I feel like it's taken a really long time to get to this point (roughly 45 hours of gameplay currently), I can certainly appreciate how the game has managed to layer in the various plot elements little by little to create a compelling crime drama. It does slow things down quite a bit in the midway point, which was wearing on me. Maybe they didn't need to stretch this one over 12 chapters and 60 hours, but it's still a really enjoyable time being with these characters.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's my PS4 Pro launch unit, but I feel things have a bit more technical jank here than they did in Kiwami 2. Lots more asset streaming in late and objects/people popping in and out randomly. I remember Kiwami 2 being a technically solid game while this doesn't feel quite as proficient.

Also, removing working vending machines kills me. WHY would you not let me buy from vending machines???

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Those characters look very anime-ish designs more than ever. Is it because RGG7 is a subsidiary of Online?
Not sure, maybe its down to them not modeling as many characters to real people this time?

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's my PS4 Pro launch unit, but I feel things have a bit more technical jank here than they did in Kiwami 2. Lots more asset streaming in late and objects/people popping in and out randomly. I remember Kiwami 2 being a technically solid game while this doesn't feel quite as proficient.
Not just you, not sure what was causing this (if it was a patch?) but I definitely noticed the exact same issue with Judge Eyes when I played it.

4 has a happy ending for just about everyone involved, you sure as hell can't say that about 5 or 6.
Saejima doesn't get a happy ending for the most moronic of reasons ever contrived in the series. I'd rather take the melancholy vibe that 5 and 6 had over that stupidity any day of the week. Didn't like the Hana twist either, really hope if she ever shows up again they don't go for the slim fast option.
Kiryu was barely around enough to get any kind of ending, and Tanimura? Eh, he got justice I guess.
Also, the whole gun stupidity that plagued the end of Kiryu's chapter + the ending nullifies anything I feel about that ending, you don't have Katsuragi defeated by Saejima using his head only to have his sister die mere moments later. Leaving the deputiy commissioner in arms reach of a gun not once but twice in the ending isn't lazy writing but just pure shit. Can't take it seriously at all. The whole "turn back on gun" plot point was fucking atrocious in this game more than any in the series, it was parody by that point.

Oct 27, 2017
Saejima doesn't get a happy ending for the most moronic of reasons ever contrived in the series. I'd rather take the melancholy vibe that 5 and 6 had over that stupidity any day of the week. Didn't like the Hana twist either, really hope if she ever shows up again they don't go for the slim fast option.
Kiryu was barely around enough to get any kind of ending, and Tanimura? Eh, he got justice I guess.
Also, the whole gun stupidity that plagued the end of Kiryu's chapter + the ending nullifies anything I feel about that ending, you don't have Katsuragi defeated by Saejima using his head only to have his sister die mere moments later. Leaving the deputiy commissioner in arms reach of a gun not once but twice in the ending isn't lazy writing but just pure shit. Can't take it seriously at all. The whole "turn back on gun" plot point was fucking atrocious in this game more than any in the series, it was parody by that point.
Those fucking guns... If the game didn't have them then I would have loved it way more. Every time a gun is on screen the game goes stupid.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Not sure, maybe its down to them not modeling as many characters to real people this time?

Not just you, not sure what was causing this (if it was a patch?) but I definitely noticed the exact same issue with Judge Eyes when I played it.

Couldn't disagree more. (Re: Y4's ending)

Saejima gets his role in the family alongside Kiryu that he always deserved. They both rise to positions of respect and power.

Then in 5, Kiryu's a nobody and Saejima wants to go back to prison for... reasons? To quote Loki from Dogma, fuck that.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Those fucking guns... If the game didn't have them then I would have loved it way more. Every time a gun is on screen the game goes stupid.
Yup. Cutscene gun is an inside joke in the series, and while other games in the series do it to, I've not seen any game in the series do it so bad, and constant as 4 did. Its a pity as you play the first three parts and the game is brilliant, and Kiryu's part, while superfluous in parts at least ties to the main plot and he gets to be badass in some boss fights and one huge long fight, but then at the end of that bit the game plot basically jumps off a cliff (or jumps off the Majima Construction site at least).

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm finally going about playing through Yakuza 2 and man, the series QOL from later entries really show with this game XD
I've cleared ch. 7 so far and the story's nice, but I don't like how I am unable to obtain more heat actions and attack options quickly.

Get ready to be blown away ! The story is the best of any yakuza game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Story is good
Gameplay not so much :p i mean it is ok but i feel like later yakuzas did better with the combat at least :x

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
2's combat is a planetary leap over the first game in so many ways, I still love it for what it is. However at the same time 4 is really the point where combat really starts to shine in the series as part of the greats (and then 5 refines it further still). 3 still had some growing pains here and there but at the same time you could feel the improvements there.
One big thing (well two really) 2 does over Kiwami 2 for me is Kiryu's moves set (I prefer his original combos) and the boss fights (more health, harder fights, longer fights).

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I popped Judgment back into to try to finish the drone races on the champion league in first place. Race 4 has been driving me nuts. Whoever thought adding indoor flying was a good idea? I bought the DLC drones and perfection is a must honestly with a few errors for first place. And grinding for money is proving to be annoying. Gambling is probably the easiest way to get money when low on money and play the batting cages for VR tickets.

I'm also slowly been trying to learn mahjong to max out the friend relationship with wareme mahjong. Having images of hands is kind of helping and I understand the gist of it. But I haven't been making any stand out hands, only pairs.

It's weird playing Judgment after playing Bloodborne. The combat is snappy in BB whereas it feels somewhat sluggish and a bit laggy in Judgment. I might put it down and start Yakuza Kiwami or dip back into 0 to do some more wrapping up. I did change the voices to English and it sounds solid.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7 demo is up on the Japanese PSN-

Also, are lockers back or is this just background assets in a cinema?-
yakuza_7.png

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I put 2.5 hours into the demo and while I know very little Japanese, here's my impressions-

So the demo has-
-Go Kart racing
-Trash pick up on a bike - gets points and trade them for goods.
-Watch a movie/don't fall asleep -mini-game
-4 sub-stories to complete
-UFO/ claws machines in the arcade (you can't play Virtua Fighter 2, Outrun or Fantasy Zone in the Demo)
-Shogi
-Mahjong (I didn't have enough money to play so I'm not sure it's active in the demo)
-Karaoke -1 song
-Vending machines
-Convenience stores
-Restaurants
-Pawn shop

I didn't find any locker keys, but around town you can pickup-
-Insects from trees.
-Coins.
-Find hidden silver cases.

Tips-
-Go to the purple dot on your map, fight and go upstairs to the office. Your 4th party member will join you once you get through the dialogue.
-There's 2 weapon vendors and an armor one, I bought Iciban a massager with most of my money and it proved to be pretty powerful.
-Eating at a restaurant can cheaply refill all your party's HP & MP even if it's one dish (2nd option down).
-Watch out for traffic as just clipping a moving car can take 100hp from you, conversely you can hit an enemy into moving traffic for high damage.
-If you want to avoid fights, slow to waking speed and hug the side of the road as you walk past them. You can get rather close without initiating a fight. Running by them will automatically start a battle.
-Press X just as you're about to get hit to defend with a "Just Guard". This can be done for successive hits as well.
-Watch out early on for the enemy in a trench coat on the North of the map as the battle automatically started and my party was wiped (not a big penalty).

The RPG trappings and little touches are great. There's a few too many enemies, but you can avoid them and I never had any chase me. There's a variety to the roving groups and trying out the attacks and specials is cool. I'm wait and see on the new city as it's a little sparse and sprawled out on initial impressions.

I can't wait to play more once the community figures out all the stuff I couldn't understand because of the language barrier.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Lockers were surely always in the background, just non interactable? Not really something I need to come back, but would be nice if they did. Technically I'm not sure if they've actually fully confirmed you actually play in Kamurocho (though with that last trailer I can't imagine it not being the case).
The trailer was ace, really loving the crew, and I remember back at TGS they made a big deal about Arakawa's son, seems he has a huge part of the story and is one of the big things that bridge the entire plot together. Can't wait! I'm off to download the demo.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Lockers were surely always in the background, just non interactable? Not really something I need to come back, but would be nice if they did.
Finding the keys always made searching the city fun, looking around every back alley, going into first person mode to locate ones above you etc.. it was fun to see what you'd get with the key from a locker. I liked it much more than Judgment's QR codes.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the QR codes though, exploring the city in a different way :) I don't really need an excuse to explore the city beyond it existing but it is a nice insentive, Yakuza is pretty much the only series these days I tolerate hidden collectables because the game world size is pretty small and its easy to track what you do/dont have.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Well, Dragon Quest motif and Yokohama (main place of the game), Kiryu is pretty much expected in 7 as many of us guessed.
Anyway, Nakata Yasutaka's music doesn't fit RGG.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very surprised to see Kazuma Kiryu in the latest trailer. I didn't expect him to appear in Yakuza 7 and thought that they would make a bigger deal of his return a few years down the road. And it makes me a bit sad that we'll have to fight against him.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, demo thoughts...

First off you start off at level 11 for each character, job class level 4. Areas are ranked on encounter difficulty. The area you start in is 1 star. Enemies go down quick, you can use the default attacks (ones that don't use SP) and they go down in 2 hits at most (normally 1 hit) from Adachi and Ichiban who have more weight behind their attacks. If you use SP attacks? Instant KO.

Speaking of enemy encounters. You can see the enemies miles away. And they are ultra passive in terms of starting fights. You have to run right up to them before a fight starts, they won't do that to you. So anyone worried about this needn't worry.

There's quite a bit to combat in terms of different attacks dealing different afflictions, hitting multiple people etc. You can block enemy attacks as noted above. Between that and the SP QTEs it actually feels more like Paper Mario than anything else. If you hit an enemy hard enough (not very hard) they'll fall over. I think? you deal more damage to a downed enemy, so if a second character attacks an enemy on the ground, they take even more damage. Also, if allies are close to enemies on the ground, they auto attack them for free followups - this is super easy to do especially against the last enemy standing.

Job swapping I've just unlocked but not really played around with yet, I think you gotta be using a job to level it up so some of a grind will exist there in the beginning, but they seem to level up quick.

Armor and accessories work more like traditional RPGs now - so you equip different stuff to different parts of your body etc. for stat boosts. Likewise items from convenience stores feel more useful due to the boosts they give (HP, SP, afflictions etc.)

This one seems surprising, but voiced side stories might be back? At least, the one I did so far was. So good news for those who wanted that.

Hitting people into oncoming traffic won't get old anytime soon.

Like Persona/Pokemon and I'm sure 100s of other RPGs, different classes and attacks deal different levels of damage, so if you know an enemy weakness you can take them down even faster.

You can find health chests/spots in the (gigantic) map which gives you your health back for free. These spots dont seem to disappear so that's cool.

Game looks real nice so far, Im sure It'll look better at night time though.

Enemies can call for backup. Guess they finally remembered enemies could do this in Yakuza 5!

So yeah, I still expect a polarising opinion on this one. My personal fears of the game being super slow are gone, as combat is way snappier than expected (keeping traditional Yakuza flash while they are at it) and I love the presentation and what I've played so far. That said, its still a turn based RPG, even with some action elements sprinkled in so no doubt people will be disappointed by that. Me though? Time to start prepping for that 100% run!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
OK, played more. Loving this combat system, each new area has its own quirks I guess? Reached a more populated (environment wise) area - a shopping street with bikes, cones, signs etc. and doing environmental attacks just happens naturally. If your character is running toward an enemy and one of these obstacles are in the way they'll hit them to hit the items into the enemy for bonus damage. Hitting grounded enemies does indeed yield critical damage.

Fighting slightly more powerful enemies means you level your job up insanely fast. Cap seems to be set at 5 in the demo/early game but I'd imagine that can be easily raised. You unlock really awesome powerful moves really early on. Oh, and those snazzy cutscenes you see for summons and more powerful heat moves? Skippable, I know some people were concerned they weren't.

Game seriously looks gorgeous, really I can't stress that enough. These characters look great.

Job switching is super fun. And when you are in a class that an enemy is weak against, its marked on your hud when selecting an enemy to attack, which is super useful.

Mini games are great fun, the trash pickup is hilarious, power drifting while grabbing junk that peopke drop feels like a Sega game all right!

Side stories have voiced intros/outros but anything in between is text. Best of both worlds for me personally.

There are some hilarious enemy types here. The swimwear dudes are tougher to counter because they have hilariously weird animations. I also got attacked by trashbags... that's right. Trashbags with human limbs. Dragon Quest Slimes eat your heart out.

So yeah, I absolutely can't wait to play the full game. Combat feels even snappier the more I play and I'd imagine difficulty options will exist to make it easier/harder based on your preference.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Here's the new trailer, you can get the gist of what's going on just from the images and tone:

Ichiban... had a hard life.
(Boy is there a lot of Shikashi... in that trailer.)

Kiryu just seems there for no reason. (Holding out hope that Haruka shows up as a badass Yakuza gang leader.)

I have 0 Japanese so I couldn't play properly but it just felt barebones. Hopefully English version comes soon so I can understand what to do.

Beginners guide to Anime/Gaming Japanese 101. Very helpful for Yakuza!
(Most appear in that very trailer.)

Shi-Neeeee: Die
Zetsubou: Despair
Kibou: Hope / Hikari: Light (see: Kibou no Hikari, favored phrase in any anime ever)
Kyoudai and/or Aniki: Brother(Yakuza context)
Hikari: Light
Nani!?: What!?
Keikaku: Plan (translator's note: means plan)
Ai: Love
Moshi Moshi?: Hello?
Kami: God
Teimei: Bastard
Daijoubu?: Are you okay?
Baka: Idiot
Shikashi: However...
Arigatou gozaimasu: Thank you very much
Doko?: Where?
Kiteru?: Are you listening?
Nigen: Human/Person
Zettai ni: Absolutely

You probably know most of these from playing any game in the series.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I have 0 Japanese so I couldn't play properly but it just felt barebones. Hopefully English version comes soon so I can understand what to do.
I mean, all the "spells" in the game have actions beyond pressing "X". So... experiment? Its really not hard, all attacks have icons - fist for "attack", a wand like icon "magic attack" and others that are for stat boosts (arrows). I don't speak Japanese either, but it was super easy to pick up and start pulling off attacks, switching job types, follow up actions etc.
Plus there's just defend timing - where you press X just before an attack lands on you. Now Breath of Fire 1 - that just has you pressing the X/confirm button for battles. This has way more. That's not even mentioning the sections of city you fight in (which let you use environmental attacks based on proximity to them), roads and traffic etc.

And that's just from a super short demo.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the truest of the Tiger Drops. Feels like that's the chapter that really jumps the shark for the series, it swiftly goes from a serious gritty crime drama, to a serious gritty crime drama with some outright bizarre moments. And the series has been all the better for it.

Speaking of which, even though there are only 4 side stories in 7's demo, I already like where they are going with them. One had me on the floor laughing already, so I can't wait to play more of these.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Here's the new trailer, you can get the gist of what's going on just from the images and tone:

Ichiban... had a hard life.
(Boy is there a lot of Shikashi... in that trailer.)

Kiryu just seems there for no reason. (Holding out hope that Haruka shows up as a badass Yakuza gang leader.)

Beginners guide to Anime/Gaming Japanese 101. Very helpful for Yakuza!
(Most appear in that very trailer.)

Shi-Neeeee: Die
Zetsubou: Despair
Kibou: Hope / Hikari: Light (see: Kibou no Hikari, favored phrase in any anime ever)
Kyoudai and/or Aniki: Brother(Yakuza context)
Hikari: Light
Nani!?: What!?
Keikaku: Plan (translator's note: means plan)
Ai: Love
Moshi Moshi?: Hello?
Kami: God
Teimei: Bastard
Daijoubu?: Are you okay?
Baka: Idiot
Shikashi: However...
Arigatou gozaimasu: Thank you very much
Doko?: Where?
Kiteru?: Are you listening?
Nigen: Human/Person
Zettai ni: Absolutely

You probably know most of these from playing any game in the series.

Oh yeah I know Mosh Mosh XD

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
TBH I don't see what's off about billionaire yakuzas converting an ancient osaka castle into a large golden funhouse modeled after said osaka castle, filled with ninjas and armored samurai, while also doubling as a tiger preservation
I'm usually against harming such majestic beasts, but you go up against the dragon, you get your fangs cracked.

unknown.png

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
New trailer (haven't watched it yet) and already the playable demo? Hot damn! Downloading it as we speak, looking forward to digging into it in a few. Glad it released this week and not next week, because starting next week I will be for almost 2 weeks in Tokyo for the first time. (yes, I'm looking forward to strolling around Kabukicho, hehe)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished playing the demo after 3 hours long session. Absolutely fantastic. I mean I was already sold on the game, but I'm even more sold on it now. The actual story content is fairly short, just 2 dots you have to go to. But the sidestories are all fun and there's a lot to explore. Dragon Kart feels a bit janky but is still hella fun. I had a huge smile seeing Machinegun Kiss back at the Karaoke place, too. The graphics are nice and the game runs great. It's incredible how they continue to improve the Dragon Engine. And the battle system? Snappy and fun. I didn't feel like there were more encounters than in the older Yakuza games and it's also fairly easy to avoid combat. I do love that after the first battle, Ichiban keeps talking about those weird transformations he saw and the other guys are just "what the hell are you talking about?" The game straight up says that Ichiban is tripping. Well, in the expalantion it says that due to his delusion, the appearances of the characters and enemies change.

The way you unlock the Hero class is hilarious too, because Ichiban thinks he's some sort of hero after pulling out the baseball bat, lol. And the whole "this is just like an RPG" line where they talk about having to make money put a huge smile on my face. Just guarding isn't as easy as I thought. For some enemies I had trouble pulling it off. I bought the "magic wand" (the massager) for Ichiban. It's just hilarious (and very powerful, it can even stun enemies) to see him whack people with it. I mean I saw it getting used for something else.... I did fight the level 21 pervert in the black raincoat. He (and his compansions) don't have much defense, but they can hit like a truck. I thought they were fairly easy to just defend, though. My party was the hero class, bouncer (I think that's what it's called), dancer and idol. Didn't get to play much with the jobs, but I will definitely play the demo again on the weekend again and try out other jobs, because I totally missed the garbage collecting minigame. Damn! I did find everything, but I didn't find this one. Can someone tell me where it is?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Garbage collection mini game is near two? of the side stories - the garbage heap and the dude pissing in public (which was hilarious). There's a parking lot (two story) and in the ground parking area, under some stairs you should see a dude that you can talk to that begins the mini game. And when doing the mini game, remember to use circle when turning sharply to do some great cornering, really handle to hit those 90 degree turns!

Glad you enjoyed the demo, I didn't encounter the pervert, just the garbage bags and the dudes with swimwear were probably the weirdest ones I fought! The different classes all seem really fun as well, I look forward to leveling them all up and playing around with them.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Garbage collection mini game is near two? of the side stories - the garbage heap and the dude pissing in public (which was hilarious). There's a parking lot (two story) and in the ground parking area, under some stairs you should see a dude that you can talk to that begins the mini game. And when doing the mini game, remember to use circle when turning sharply to do some great cornering, really handle to hit those 90 degree turns!

Glad you enjoyed the demo, I didn't encounter the pervert, just the garbage bags and the dudes with swimwear were probably the weirdest ones I fought! The different classes all seem really fun as well, I look forward to leveling them all up and playing around with them.

Damn, I was running past that area a lot but I didn't go down the stairs, only up the ladder. Oh well, even more reason to replay the demo as I really want to try that one out. The movie watching minigame was harder than I thought. Those later levels will be insane. You need some good reaction. Hitting the wrong button punishes you too. And if you watch it with one of your mates, they ask you a question about the movie at the end. Getting it right might give you an additional stat bonus or something. I noticed that picking some dialogue options can increase your kindness. I also saw a stat increase after I made Ichiban drink the milk, lol. Nice callback to Yakuza 2 btw.

I'm really pumped for the moment. Just watched the trailer, too. Some heavy stuff going on. Not sure how i feel about the final scene of the trailer, but I'm all open for that moment. I did see the dudes in swimwear, I haven't encountered the garbage bags. That's hilarious. The pervert was uuuuh, far left on the map. I think he was near a playground. He has one attack where he opens his raincoat... Definitely helps to have some good gear and your jobs on level 5, because you want to hit him good. Just defend helped me not taking much damage. Overall, I think the battle system is great. Buffs and debuffs do play a role, making enemies fall down is something you want to achieve (especially when you're surrounding them, as you get bonus hits that way) as they take more damage if you immediately do a follow-up attack. Using the enviornment is great, too. Lots of strategic elements. I yet have to smack someone in front of a car though, hehe.

Oh, there's something else I want to say: The starting part of the map (there's a healing point at the construction site in the middle right after the bridge, you can heal there as many times as you want) is pretty rundown, which makes sense and all. But I also like how this gets reflected inside some of the buildings. The arcade I went to was pretty bad looking as in the wallpaper had holes and everything.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was a pretty sorry looking arcade. I'm used to the glorious Club Sega's of Japan, this one was certainly not that! And yeah, there's a "heart" icon onn the map where the healing box is, super useful for a free heal for your crew.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, huh. Where is this located?
In the center of the map is a long hallway with 3 levels. On the bottom in mahjong and on the top (up a 1/2 spiral staircase if coming from the east) is a door.
yakuza_7_b.jpg

yakuza_7_c.jpg
yakuza_7_d.jpg

I just restarted the demo to get these shots and the guy in the lab coat isn't there yet.

Last edited: