• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
They just finished the Virtua Fighter set so we're due for a new franchise. Plus Yakuza was in the survey they sent out last year (even Nugget was on the list).

Not sure who'll be in, outside of Kiryu and Majima. Kiryu will likely be captain rarity, which means I'll never get him. :/

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
ok ok you have my attention!!!

What is "sega heroes"

Mobile match-3 puzzle game.

Provided you haven't already recoiled in fear and disgust, it's got decent production values (could use more music tho) and isn't too bad as a time waster. Just don't ever expect to place in the game-wide events and don't consider spending money on it (I don't mind justifying some spending on F2P games that I enjoy, but there's nothing to buy here that isn't a massive ripoff or sub-1% odds for anything good).

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Mobile match-3 puzzle game.

Provided you haven't already recoiled in fear and disgust, it's got decent production values (could use more music tho) and isn't too bad as a time waster. Just don't ever expect to place in the game-wide events and don't consider spending money on it (I don't mind justifying some spending on F2P games that I enjoy, but there's nothing to buy here that isn't a massive ripoff or sub-1% odds for anything good).
I love match 3 games! When do new characters normally get added? I don't want to play until Yakuza characters are in hahaha

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Generally there's one character added every couple of weeks. They go in batches of four per franchise, so we'll see one Yakuza character added, another a couple weeks later, until all four get added. Sonic has three batches (of course) while everything else is just at one batch.

They should start adding the Yakuza batch in the next few days, I know we were due for the new character soon.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So I assume it's gonna be

Kiryu Blue
Majima Yellow
Saejima Green
Akiyama Red

Yeah, that's pretty safe, particularly with the color schemes. I could see Saejima being dropped for Goda (if they want a villain), Haruka (for variety), or Ichiban (to future proof, though without a release date for Y7 that's a bit less likely). Akiyama absolutely feels like a lower-rarity character they'd start off with.

That being said, like I mentioned, Nugget WAS on the survey...

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
tried to get into this game when Ryo was added but it did nothin' for me, mostly because it felt practically impossible to get the top tier characters without grinding or paying up

seems like a fun enough match 3 for people who just want that though

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
The last time I played this they redid all the numbers in a way that left my characters significantly weaker than they were before.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I remember when they did the survey asking for more characters. I voted Yakuza as there was no reason for them not to be there.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, Ryo Hazuki and Kazuma Kiryu will join each other in battle.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game is good but it's F2P with heavy emphasis on PvP so there will always be a time you won't be able to advance without converting to a whale yourself. And progressing is veeeeery slow, you can't keep multiple characters at their current max levels because of gold issues.
It's a shame because I played it for a few months at launch. Also I'm stuck on the launch day arena bracket so if I ever go back, I would never be able to progress again anyway.