• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I only just discovered that you can look at the crafting list from the phone, opposed to me being dumb and going to the warehouse every time. Really useful to know how many silver mantis I need as I run around the park for 40 minutes. Because of course the one silver bug I need is the one the hobo gambling den doesn't sell.

Still mad I can't access the sujidex from the etc menu or something.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Game gets a lot better after the first two chapters. Don't mind exposition but it was pretty damn slow.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so relieved the minigames in this game range from "boring but easy" to actually being pretty fun. Dragonkart is really simple, but I'm having a good time with it. It feels a lot better than the drone racing in Judgement, or the terrible terrible slot car game that made me give up on platinuming Zero.

Edit: anyone know what to get for the part time hero quest with the guy inside the bathroom in Jinnai Station?

Last edited:

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the battle theme in the chapter 10 dungeon slaps.

Also why did they seemingly stop doing the name and title screens for the yakuza characters after the opening chapters. I'm so used to it that it makes the characters feel unimportant.

e: just as I said that they showed up again lol

Last edited:

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So I have never played a Yakuza game before butIi love me some creative turn-based RPGs. Would I like this game? Does it have weapons and gear to collect to enhance your characters?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So I have never played a Yakuza game before butIi love me some creative turn-based RPGs. Would I like this game? Does it have weapons and gear to collect to enhance your characters?
Gear, weapons = yes. It's basically a turn based RPG in terms of combat (with a couple of Paper Mario flourishes with how the timed inputs work for attacks.
Then add a game world that is equal parts serious (a rather dark, down to earth story) and silly (side content/side stories can really go off the wall at points). Its a really strange combination but its pretty damn awesome.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
It's a full featured JRPG, it has everything you would expect from a modern RPG. It's not dumbed down. Think of it like Persona with middle aged people. It's my first Yakuza too and I love it.

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
Finally got my Xbox copy yesterday. Hope it runs decently on One X at 1080P off a SSD. I'm very glad it has been pretty well received by critics and gamers alike.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The shareholders meeting advice definitely helped. It's a good thing the color triangle is the same as Fire Emblem Heroes, I barely have to think about it.

I'm sending out my crew of middle-age lvl4 break dancers to terrorize the goons of the city (with a lvl4 J-Idol as backup) and I will reiterate that this is the dumbest Yakuza game I've ever played.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at chapter 15. Just grinding out mats for gear at this point. The one thing I wish was added was some icon to notify the player of an enemy's weakness after the weakness has already been identified. I can never remember which enemies are weak to what.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna assume that the management is the best way to make money right? Are there any big expenditures like upgrading sumire's place? Wondering how much money I should grind.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Pro tip if you just want something to idle, the slot machines have a fast autoplay function. You can buy temporary buffs from the gold key seller, pop one, then idle the machine for a few minutes. Sadly the game autopauses when you tab out :(
Edit: anyone know what to get for the part time hero quest with the guy inside the bathroom in Jinnai Station?
Tissue from the can collecting shop. You'll need a lot as it's a multi part quest, but I forget how much
It's a good thing the color triangle is the same as Fire Emblem Heroes, I barely have to think about it.
I thought of it more as Earth,Water, Fire, but that works too lol
I'm gonna assume that the management is the best way to make money right? Are there any big expenditures like upgrading sumire's place? Wondering how much money I should grind.
20 million for the 4th upgrade to the crafting shop, and if you want to brute force buy stuff from each gambling hall it will be a couple more mil. Dealer's cards (not the best in the game but still very strong) cost 10 million worth of tokens

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
after 70 hours I entered chapter 11, absolutely love it. I still have not touched a lot of the minigames, but am trying to do all of the part time hero quests as they pop up and are doable, same with side stories. I should be done with the story sometime next week probably and after that it will be clean up time on the side stuff taht's not super interesting to me atm.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have only played 0, will this spoil Kiryu's story and the way it ends or am I safe to jump in and then go back to Kiwami thru 6 unspoiled similar to Judgment?

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have only played 0, will this spoil Kiryu's story and the way it ends or am I safe to jump in and then go back to Kiwami thru 6 unspoiled similar to Judgment?
It will tell you nothing really about Kiryus saga.
It actually kind of does a weird hard reset in this one, without spoiling things, early on.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
It will tell you nothing really about Kiryus saga.
It actually kind of does a weird hard reset in this one, without spoiling things, early on.
Oh fantastic! I really loved Kiryu in 0 and want to see his story through all the way without knowing much of anything, but I also really want to play this and not rush through those games to get to it so that's perfect

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Oh wow, I had no idea this was turn-based. I may actually give this series another shot, after being turned off by the combat system from previous games!

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
20 million for the 4th upgrade to the crafting shop, and if you want to brute force buy stuff from each gambling hall it will be a couple more mil. Dealer's cards (not the best in the game but still very strong) cost 10 million worth of tokens

Okay, thanks! Mostly wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else like the 20 mil expense. Caught me off guard a bit haha.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Okay, thanks! Mostly wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else like the 20 mil expense. Caught me off guard a bit haha.
Crafted armor also costs millions, especailly when you have to equip a party. Don't accidently spend 10 million+ on crafted armor pieces like I did because you weren't paying attention to the price lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at chapter 15. Just grinding out mats for gear at this point. The one thing I wish was added was some icon to notify the player of an enemy's weakness after the weakness has already been identified. I can never remember which enemies are weak to what.
What version of the game are you playing on? (I'm gonna guess PC). Reason why I ask is there SHOULD be a big ol' "WEAK" icon that pops up when you hover over an attack that the enemy is weak to. Its in the Japanese PS4 version of the game and I were talking to some other players today about this and apparently this prompt is missing on the PC version of the game. Which is quite the oversight.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little unclear as to which skills will carry over and which won't when you change jobs.
I had thought it was something straight forward like "if it uses that job's weapon it won't transfer over", but then Namba can still pull out a guitar and cast musician spells from it after I switched him back to his default job.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little unclear as to which skills will carry over and which won't when you change jobs.
I had thought it was something straight forward like "if it uses that job's weapon it won't transfer over", but then Namba can still pull out a guitar and cast musician spells from it after I switched him back to his default job.

Character skills (the red ones) and the stat levels are what transfer I believe. I know red skills do.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
On the left of a skill is either a green or red orb. Skills with red orbs carry over, green orbs do not. Someone said the yellow dot stats also carry over, but I'm too lazy to try and test this.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
What's worth buying at Kan-sans recycling shop? I've quite a few cans now.
Music disks for the jukebox if you care about it
iirc the Vintage Guitar is the base item which will eventually upgrade into the best guitar
The insanely expensive purse is nice, but is not the strongest purse. Probably not worth it
Fetch quests for Hero.com require some of his garbage (litearlly) items
Pocket Tissues for a Hero.com sidequests are also bought from here
It's just easier to buy base level bugs from here than run around the park for an hour

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is there any upgrade to regain energy faster in board meetings? That's my biggest weakness as I get higher into the ranking game (~22 atm) - while I tend to have some low cost characters in there, it still can drain quickly at times and I've had two sessions that I didn't end at 100% because I couldn't attack enough.

Also... Persona on Xbox!? -- at least some of the music! =)

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Is there any upgrade to regain energy faster in board meetings? That's my biggest weakness as I get higher into the ranking game (~22 atm) - while I tend to have some low cost characters in there, it still can drain quickly at times and I've had two sessions that I didn't end at 100% because I couldn't attack enough.

As far as I know the only thing that affects energy gain is whether all your employees are happy going into the meeting, so make sure to heal up after every business day AND after you lay off a bunch of people which I later found out greatly lowers all your employees morale. I believe beating an enemy only gives health back to the one who lands the killing blow.

Make sure your low cost characters still have decent attack. Your aiming for as high a Charisma(which is ATK)/cost ratio as possible.

For energy efficiency, I always waited as long as possible before addressing a person (except the very first attack which doesn't matter since you're at max energy). Whatever your most expensive attacker is, have another character of the same color, with as cheap an attack as possible. This is to break shields, which die in one hit if you use the right color, regardless of attack power. Also, if an enemy has a sliver of health left, you can gamble and use one of your cheaper members attack even if they're the wrong color.

Also save up for grovel level 2, and then milk the stun for meter gain. I didn't find grovel level 3 to be worth it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

I'm not aware of any, but as long as you have low cost employees with a decent amount of charisma, I've found it to be pretty easy to steamroll all of the meetings (am at rank 16 right now). If you don't already have him, the guy from the vocational school is great. He's got pretty decent charisma and only costs 5 points to use

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kasuga hitting level 50 and earning the "Like a Dragon" achievement from the Kiryu boss fight... epic

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Character skills (the red ones) and the stat levels are what transfer I believe. I know red skills do.
On the left of a skill is either a green or red orb. Skills with red orbs carry over, green orbs do not. Someone said the yellow dot stats also carry over, but I'm too lazy to try and test this.
Thank you for clarifying this for me. It took me longer than I care to admit to find the menu with the red/green orbs even after reading your posts.

Last edited:

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
is there a resource out there that will tell you all of the steps in the ultimate weapon upgrade process? i swear there was a jp resource for it but i cant find it now

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
is there a resource out there that will tell you all of the steps in the ultimate weapon upgrade process? i swear there was a jp resource for it but i cant find it now
samurai-gamers.com

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Best Weapons – SAMURAI GAMERS

A guide on how to get the best weapons in Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS5 and PS4. Included are the methods to obtain the strongest weapons for each class, weapons stats, required crafting and upgrade materials, and money farming tips.

Scroll waaaaaay down

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
trying to get these super monkey ball prizes from the UFO Catcher is my own personal hell.

they seem designed to fuck with the claw as much as possible

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
trying to get these super monkey ball prizes from the UFO Catcher is my own personal hell.

they seem designed to fuck with the claw as much as possible
Don't bother trying to pick them up

After a long while I figured it's just easier to aim the claw to slowly nudge them closer to the hole than it is to actually pick them up

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that if they continue the RPG gameplay in a sequel, they add a one button heal like in Dragon Quest. Hell, it could even be patched into this game really.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You can just buy materials for upgrading equipment. Oh my God, this changes everything.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Man on one hand I like Ichiban on the other hand I jsut wish he would get some self respect. Like after what happened at the end of chapter 2 his feelings don't seem to change