• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Took a new picture of my collection-
yakuza_collection_2020.jpg

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I was reading some reviews where they were saying the PC performance was actually quite good.

Not sure why my performance is so bad.

I'm just basing it off past experience of Kiwami 2 on PC, and Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 on PS4 Pro. Pretty sure on Pro Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6 get barely a locked 30FPS in 1080p.

Personally it''s running at a smooth as butter 60FPS but my system is brand new so

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't have the Crafting Mat Set and the Stat Boost set that should be included on the Legendary Hero Edition
Same. Guess it must be a wide spread issue.
I contacted SEGA directly, so they should be aware of the situation

An update to this:

When I unlocked the phone and looked at ithe "DLC" App, the Stat Boost Bundle and Crafting Materials Bundle is there to redeem.

So I guess even if Xbox Store don't say so, we got it?

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
An update to this:

When I unlocked the phone and looked at ithe "DLC" App, the Stat Boost Bundle and Crafting Materials Bundle is there to redeem.

I was literally about to write the same thing. lol

I think it's a type of item that you can rebuy over and over if you don't want to grind.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I'm just basing it off past experience of Kiwami 2 on PC, and Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 on PS4 Pro. Pretty sure on Pro Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6 get barely a locked 30FPS in 1080p.

Personally it''s running at a smooth as butter 60FPS but my system is brand new so

What resolution you running at? I am able to get really good performance out of Yakuza 0 at 3K. I'm talking sub-60 frames on the lowest settings at 1080P.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
3840 x 2160, Ultra/High Settings. Ryzen 3900X/RTX 3080/16GB RAM tho.

Also you should note that Yakuza 0 is not the dragon engine. Only Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, Judgment, and now Yakuza 7 are on that engine. My old 970 was able to run Y0 in 4K basically, remember also Y0 is a cross gen PS3 game. Like I said, the PS4 Pro struggled with getting Dragon Engine at a stable 1080P/30 on previous Dragon Engine games.

What resolution you running at? I am able to get really good performance out of Yakuza 0 at 3K. I'm talking sub-60 frames on the lowest settings at 1080P.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
3840 x 2160, Ultra/High Settings. Ryzen 3900X and RTX 3080, tho.

Also you should note that Yakuza 0 is not the dragon engine. Only Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, Judgment, and now Yakuza 7 are on that engine. My old 970 was able to run Y0 in 4K basically, remember also Y0 is a cross gen PS3 game. Like I said, the PS4 Pro struggled with getting Dragon Engine at a stable 1080P/30 on previous Dragon Engine games.
Would a 2080 Super with an i7 9700F also be sufficient for 4K at 60 FPS ? With everything at least on high ? Honest question here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An update to this:

My other theory could be that those sets could be purchased multiple times, so you could never "own them" lile the other one time purchases

Oct 25, 2017
PC players: How's the HDD performance versus SSD?

have an old 5400rpm hdd with like 200gb free, but i have a SSD with 70GB free, wondering if it's worth using up the space with my SSD or if my HDD would be fine.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

have an old 5400rpm hdd with like 200gb free, but i have a SSD with 70GB free, wondering if it's worth using up the space with my SSD or if my HDD would be fine.

Can't speak for HDD, but on SSD the load times have been so fast I literally can't read the loading screen tips in time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having serious problems with the PS4 1.01 patch installing? It's been sitting at 96% "Copying" for over 25 minutes now.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I just love the fact that Kasuga is such a Dragon Quest nerd. And everybody questions him about it.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You know how people have been joking about the death of loading screen tips? This game taunts you with loading screen tips that are impossible to read on an SSD

Oct 25, 2017
Just started downloading the game on Steam. How do I make sure I'm playing it with the JP voices? Is it a toggle in the game or somewhere in Steam itself?

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Gaius Worzel is voicing Kasuga in the English dub, what a mindfuck.

I love that ProZD is voicing his pal too.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSA since I just found out: This is Play Anywhere, so you can buy it on Xbox and download it through the microsoft store on windows.

Oct 25, 2017
You know how people have been joking about the death of loading screen tips? This game taunts you with loading screen tips that are impossible to read on an SSD
Can't speak for HDD, but on SSD the load times have been so fast I literally can't read the loading screen tips in time.
oh god lol

only problem is my 5400rpm hdd from 2013 feels like it stutters with most newer games lol, gotta pick my poison

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
About an hour and a half in so far but God damn the story is really really good so far!

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Finished install and a 30gb patch but when I try to start it I get the title screen doesn't seem to go further (series x). Anyone else had this?

restarted my xbox, fixed it lol

Fucking Microsoft, this is always their fix for everything lmao
(don't ban me for console warring, Im a linux admin so this is a running joke for me)

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
My main issue on PC so far is that the "Grunt" voices that play when you get a text-only box when people are talking to you are mixed like three times as loud as the normal speech.

I had to adjust my volume to be able to hear the regular speech by reducing SFX and music and turning my sound system up. Now, every time I get one of those "grunt" bark things it is extremely loud.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I recently finished Judgment, and am in the process of my first run through Kiwami. Can't wait to try this game out afterwards!

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This release really feels like a reboot, and a good one at that. Adopting the "Like a Dragon" name, dropping the number, a brand new battle system, a huge effort in localization with an excellent English voice cast...we've come such a long way from the original Yakuza 1 Western release!

and maybe it's because of the English voices and because I've been playing the Yakuza games nonstop for the past 3 years enough to finally understand the Yakuza clan hierarchy, but this is the most gripped I've been by a Yakuza story yet. They really did an amazing job with this game.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
How's the combat? Is it challenging?

I love Yakuza but I'm burned out on the combat in those games. Playing a turn-based version sounds ideal, assuming it's good.

Is there a hard difficulty that can be selected?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I have this weird blue hue whenever i'm outside depending on how I position the camera, you can clearly see it here on Ichi's costume and on his head:

BXc7UoA.jpg

Is that normal? It looks odd

Edit: Ok I watched some videos, same thing there, it's apparently normal, it does that on every single source of light and it just looks odd imo but whatever :p

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ichi's body feels weirdly proportioned. Has anyone else commented on that yet? Like his sprint animation feels weird for one, and also just...I don't know. Maybe his head is too big for his body?

Maybe it's just pre-timeskip Ichi and it'll all even out once he gets his silly anime hair. But it sticks out a bit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to comment, I love the fact they actually explain in the story why the combat is more RPG. I knew about the whole "oh the mc loves dragon quest & we even got permission from square enix to use the name" thing, but not the fact that's how he actually sees fights. Not sure how much of the flashback I have left (I have to go buy an item), but hoping to finish it when I get home & before I go to bed.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I just beat chapter 1 and I love Ichiban already. I can tell I'm going to be in for a good time here.

verycutedog

Jan 21, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked, but is this standalone? The only other Yakuza game I've played is 0 which I never beat.