• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Youtubed some legacy characters clips in dub. yeah... not feeling them at all, just feels wrong... ughh

Also still not a fan of how dub Ichiban and Yagami both sounded like generic protagonists and lost the quirkiness in their personality. They are supposed to be funny at times but in dub they are more like 80% serious compared to normal.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
hmm have to wait for this on steam, however valhalla PC is available to install with ubisoft+ so that will do for now

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only one hour and a half in and I already love Ichiban as a protagonist, he's such a lovable dork.

Caliaztec

Oct 27, 2017
Palm Desert,CA
Is this one that you can jump into if I've only played Zero? Or is it in my best interest to complete the series first from a story/lore stand point?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Does this run any better on PS5 over PS4 Pro? If not I might have to wait until March.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Youtubed some legacy characters clips in dub. yeah... not feeling them at all, just feels wrong... ughh

Also still not a fan of how dub Ichiban and Yagami both sounded like generic protagonists and lost the quirkiness in their personality. They are supposed to be funny at times but in dub they are more like 80% serious compared to normal.

I'm about 14 hours in and Ichiban is 100% quirky and really earnest when needed in their dub delivery. Personality wise theres no difference. Yagami was the same as well. Watching some random clips isnt going to convey how they are in a full game. Theres nothing generic about them.

Oct 25, 2017
Greg Chun honestly did a really good job with Yagami in Judgment, he completely nails the mood of the character, imho.

For context, I preferred the JP dub because of Takuya Kimura, but Greg Chun did great with the role.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I'm about 14 hours in and Ichiban is 100% quirky and really earnest when needed in their dub delivery. Personality wise theres no difference. Yagami was the same as well. Watching some random clips isnt going to convey how they are in a full game. Theres nothing generic about them.
The clips I watched are for the legacy characters.

I watched a large part of Judgment dub playthrough and checked out some dub stream of 7 today. They still sound like generic protagonists to me. They just pales in comparison to Kimutaku and Nishiki's VA.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I caved and pre-ordered on Steam. I was and am pissed about the brawler ---> RPG change, but I'll give it a chance and support RGG. Plus I need something to bide the time until Demon's Souls.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The clips I watched are for the legacy characters.

I watched a large part of Judgment dub playthrough and checked out some dub stream of 7 today. They still sound like generic protagonists to me. They just pales in comparison to Kimutaku and Nishiki's VA.
Greg Chun is like 1000x better than Kimutaku in Judgment IMO

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Is this one that you can jump into if I've only played Zero? Or is it in my best interest to complete the series first from a story/lore stand point?

Nah you can jump right in and appreciate it. Consider this a soft reboot and enjoy the ride. Any legacy characters you are gonna meet won't require insider knowledge.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Lol, intro cutscenes so long my Xbox went into "you're not here / fade the screen" mode

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I played Judgment with the English dub and I thought Yagami's VA did an amazing job. He had a lot of personality and didn't feel like he was a mostly serious dude to me at all.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
outsi

I mean seems like a prity standerd anime dub. they were never going to make a good dub for a yakuza game, costs way way to much to do it right.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for those playing it on pc, how are the battle tranitions on a normal hard drive, or should I put it on my ssd?

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Let me get this straight: if I get the PS4 version to play on PS5... Can I start playing (on PS5) and keep playing with the same save file comes the march update?

The way it was worded made me think it wouldn't be the case.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely playing this dubbed. Judgment had one of the best dubs I've ever experienced so I need to see if lightning strikes twice

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me get this straight: if I get the PS4 version to play on PS5... Can I start playing (on PS5) and keep playing with the same save file comes the march update?

The way it was worded made me think it wouldn't be the case.
unless things have changed, the ps4 save file wasnt compatable with the ps5 version.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up snagging the PS4 copy when it was heavily discounted at Wal-Mart because I won't be buying a PS5 any time soon. My shipment was delayed yesteday, and then oddly UN-delayed today and is on track for delivery tomorrow.

What's the deal with the DLC jobs mentioned in the OP? Are they permanently inaccessible to people who don't buy the special edition?

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just preordered this. Judgment is one of my favorite games I have played in the past couple years and I love turn based combat so I am quite excited to start this tomorrow.

The dub sounds really good so I might go that route but I have always played subbed.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game unlocked for me on the W10 store on my local time (00:00 am)

Runs well

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for my copy to arrive tomorrow, glanced through the dub cast list and there are some legit fucking surprises.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I legit do not understand why it is so difficult to get midnight releases on STEAM.