• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Awsome news.

I've been playing Yakuza 5 recently and while it's fun to play, it could definitely use the boost in visuals and performance that a PS4 version would provide.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Finally, the day I learn I'm only keeping my used $80 PS3 (which I got two Xmas-es ago) for Daytona USA.

Now watch us get Daytona on Steam and newer consoles just so SEGA can complete my buyer's remorse! It will be great.

Superb news, all in all. I'm hoping SEGA of America and their localization associates will bring us 3 with all its content intact this time around. 4's a damn good game, my introduction to the series at that. 5 needed the treatment as well.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome that more people will get to play them.

I wonder if they would bother to add the cut content back into Y3 if these come out in the west.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
What the... ?!
Yes. YES!!
Haven't played any of them yet but oh boy there's no reason not to jump in anymore!!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It makes a lot of sense, but what are we look at here? Some context of the source would be nice.

Source regularly posts leaks from weekly Japanese magazines. This one likely comes from Dengeki PlayStation as he's been posting Weekly Famitsu leaks on Tuesday nights (EST) as of late.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If these were backwards compatible I could just play the ps3 versions on my ps4

They may even upscale it with the hardware improvements

Instead they want me to rebuy the same games....

Harsh but the Sony way

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Bit disappointed at no Yakuza 3 Kiwami, will be all over this though. Might finally play through the series in a logical order.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Spring 2019 for Y5, in Japan?! No I'm good, I'll finish it on PS3, my Y6 copy is waiting..

Good news for those who haven't played them tho!

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
If these were backwards compatible I could just play the ps3 versions on my ps4

They may even upscale it with the hardware improvements

Instead they want me to rebuy the same games....

Harsh but the Sony way
Sony doesn't own Yakuza my dude, it's a Sega IP. Even if the PS4 did have BC, the PS3 games are locked at 30fps so you'd still have to live with that.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
didn't they say they made kiwami 1 or 2 because yakuza 0 was so popular in the west?

of course they are localizing them, otherwise they wouldn't remaster them imo

Narumi

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for them to be in English soon too! (Hopefully E3 release date announcement)

This is all excellent too since my PS3 bit the dust. Am going through Y5 at the moment on a friend's PS3 and man, it really could use some highres textures and a 60fps boost.

Also I hope they at least bother adding some music to the substories in the remaster. Just a minor thing I want them to do.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This is going to be a nightmare for the localization staff. Assuming they even come here.

Hope they are not done in-house because I do not want Shin Yakuza, Fist of the North Star and Ryu ga Gotoku Studio's new IP to take years to get here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this news
19d.gif

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The resolution and frame rate improvements are more than enough, really. Takes me forever to even play one of the games though so I won't be replaying these ones, but I'm glad the option is now available.

5 is still my fave of the bunch, 4 was a slog that I couldn't really stand (Akiyama is great, and the whole ending was very silly, but outside of that I've forgotten the whole thing). 3 was fun but I can see the orphanage stuff boring people, I loved it though.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Also, i wonder if this means they are skipping the usual timeslot and taking more time to develop Shin RRG.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally okay with this not getting the Kiwami treatment. Still need to play 5 before 6 so this is perfect, and it's seperate releases. Bless up.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine, I guess I didn't want to play Yakuza 6 for the next 3 years anyway

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh fuckin' hell just when I got them on PS3 lol
Should've waited a bit
Enjoy PS4 only folks! You can now play the entire main series there

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a nightmare for the localization staff. Assuming they even come here.

Hope they are not done in-house because I do not want Shin Yakuza, Fist of the North Star and Ryu ga Gotoku Studio's new IP to take years to get here.

But there is already localizations of PS3 versions so why would it be nightmare? Just use those with some tweaks (like if they include content that was cut from Y3).

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh wow!
Yeeessssss!

Double dip time!

All Yakuza games except dead souls on ps4. What a time to be alive.

Not sure I'll be finishing 5 on ps3 then!

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news! Hope they don't take too long to come over to the west.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Now that's what I'm talking about. I can finally start my Yakuza Kiwami playthrough now.

Making Kiwami for all of them would be preferable, but remasters are better than nothing at all. I'll take it.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, an excuse to play 3 and replay 4.

...Assuming it gets localised. But I'm more confident about this now than I would have been last year

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Finally, an excuse to play 3 and replay 4.

...Assuming it gets localised. But I'm more confident about this now than I would have been last year
they've already been localized technically

small localization reworks and content reworks and theyll likely be set to release in the West as well

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
You'd expect them over here not long after with the games already being translated.