• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
ufeu1oi.png

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Verify the game if you had startup issue.. its worked for me its will ask to install VC redist.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone unlocked a Steam background for this game yet? Looking to update from my Kain Highwind one that I've had for years now.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
The looks and runs great! It just needs a high-resolution text/font mod.

Yeah that immediately stuck out to me, been spoiled by 4k UIs on PC recently. Despite that and the (hopefully soon toggleable) depth of field, the game still looks gorgeous in 4k <3 Character close ups are unreal!

I'm especially grateful as I wasn't sure my 1070 could do it. Only just mind, GPU usage gets dangerously high at times. Curious to see if disabling DoF improves performance meaningfully.

Last edited:

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
Wait, there is english voice acting in this game?. How do i activate it? I have selected english language in the steam properties of the game and i cant find it in the settings (german version).

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Woooo! Looks like the game supports simultaneous mouse and keyboard, though tutorial info is locked.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

we could get english voices in kiwami modded in from the ps2 version!!!!

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah for some reason I can't get the game to start. I have a 980M and an i7 5700HQ with 16 GB of RAM

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah for some reason I can't get the game to start. I have a 980M and an i7 5700HQ with 16 GB of RAM

if your specs mean you are on a laptop, go into the nvidia control panel > 3D settings and set Yakuza0.exe to run on your 980m. It defaults to your iGPU for some reason. I have a i7-8750H and a 1070-maxQ and it ran like shit and hard locked during the intro before I manually told it to use the dGPU

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I don't have FF15 on Steam, so I didn't know about this. I'm assuming what's happening is that devs are using it as a shortcut, since that way they would only have to program XInput and check if you are using a DS4 via Steam (since Steam is spitting out XInput) instead of both programming XInput and DirectInput. I hope this doesn't become a trend. I agree that button options would be super helpful; I wouldn't mind having to use an XInput wrapper like Steam's built in one or DS4Windows if I can get the correct prompts.

My main problem with games using this new Steam reliant method is that Steam's virtual Xbox controller overrides games with native DirectInput, so I'd get Xbox buttons even if the game would otherwise show PS buttons. If I left Steam's DS4 mapper on 24/7, it would override games like Ubisoft ones, which support DirectInput w/ PS buttons. So, that leaves me in a position of having to turn it on and off everytime I want to play a game like Yakuza 0 (or FF15 if I eventually pick it up).

I've been thinking of picking up an XB1 controller and wireless adapter recently, since it'd make things a whole hell of a lot easier. I don't really have a preference between the two, it's just that I already owned a DS4 from owning a PS4.
TBH, Steam Input is a better method of detecting DS4 controllers than having native support, at least for me. Native support forces you to use the touchpad for select, which I despise, it doesn't play well with overlays and doesn't work over Bluetooth.
Though I do agree that devs need to stop having controller detection handle this and just let us select the button prompts we want. Anyone that's actually used a non-xbox controller on PC should understand why.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Putting it on high priority seems to have fixed any kind of stutter, the game is running super smooth now. Hopefully they'll patch it soon to iron out all these little issues.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Has anyone unlocked a Steam background for this game yet? Looking to update from my Kain Highwind one that I've had for years now.
Keep an eye on this website to see the items as people unlock them.

https://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-638970

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

we could get english voices in kiwami modded in from the ps2 version!!!!
There are a lot of new scenes added to Kiwami. In the best case scenario we would get a weird hodgepodge of the different voices.

I really do miss "You stupid old fuck" and "You wanna DIIIIIE?" though.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been talked about somewhere already, but how are the kb m controls?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
High priority fixed the frame pacing issue for me too. Runs fantastic other than needing a high resolution text fix/mod and high resolution depth of field option.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Since on PC gaming wiki it says that setting the priority to high should fix the audio stuttering, other than the video, does anyone know what "AudioMode=1" actually do? It fixed the audio stuttering without high priority for me, but on a technical level, what is it changing?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Since on PC gaming wiki it says that setting the priority to high should fix the audio stuttering, other than the video, does anyone know what "AudioMode=1" actually do? It fixed the audio stuttering without high priority for me, but on a technical level, what is it changing?
Shot in the dark, I'm guessing it determines which audio device the game uses.
Also, keep in mind PCGW is probably getting their fix info from here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's incredible how higher quality the substories are now. I don't remember Yakuza 5 having specific music for substories and all that jazz. Love it

Robin Hood

Oct 27, 2017
The game tells me to play with a gamepad. Should I be doing this when I jump in shortly? Are the keyboard and mouse controls really bad or something?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game support 21:9?

Yes, but it is not doing proper scaling iirc, just cutting off parts of the top/bottom I believe. Think people are watching for a patch. It was an advertised feature.

The game tells me to play with a gamepad. Should I be doing this when I jump in shortly? Are the keyboard and mouse controls really bad or something?

It's just a game that plays best on a gamepad, so they recommend it.

Last edited:

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Shot in the dark, I'm guessing it determines which audio device the game uses.
Also, keep in mind PCGW is probably getting their fix info from here.
But I only have the integrated sound card.
Either way, changing AudioMode=1 makes the game crash for a friend, like it did for me when I tried to change the hidden audio options. It's pretty weird how some .ini changes make the game crash for some, but not for others.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The Yanki substory was so fun !
At least I got 2 of the 3 answers right lol, didn't expect the drummer to speak about pancakes lmao

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The Yanki substory was so fun !
At least I got 2 of the 3 answers right lol, didn't expect the drummer to speak about pancakes lmao

There's no wrong answers. IMO if you aren't picking the ridiculous answers to substories you're playing Yakuza wrong.

The puppies answer to that Yanki story is *hilarious*. "He kept them? FUUUUCK YEAH!"

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
lol am I getting trolled, using a ds4, why are teh button maps all fucked up.

Square is ok, X is back. Gonna check out the 1x controller and see if it's any different.

edit - yeah, even editing the buttons it's screwed up. Map dodge to X, punch to square...and it doesn't even do that properly. X is magically grab, Square is dodge, etc.

Last edited:

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
played through the first chapter

enjoying it so far,no issues other than an audio stutter for a single line a couple times in cutscenes that's been so rare i've been too lazy to even bother fixing it

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I really love the way they handle dialogue without animating the character's mouths. I'm sure it's been done before but there's not a game I can recall that changes the scene but remains "still" for the most part. I don't know if that's cutscenes only but I really enjoyed that.

This game runs buttery smooth on my 780 Ti, it's amazing.

When people say the game is slow to start, how many hours in they talking?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the way they handle dialogue without animating the characters. I'm sure it's been done before but there's not a game I can recall that changes the scene but remains "still" for the most part. I don't know if that's cutscenes only but I really enjoyed that.

This game runs buttery smooth on my 780 Ti, it's amazing.

When people say the game is slow to start, how many hours in they talking?
NANI?!

I'm running this on a Nvidia 960m card on my laptop, so far the port has been working well, FPS is consistent, no crashing in the hour I've played. I did notice the audio crackling issue but it only happened once for a split second during a cutscene.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a Dualshock 4 connected to my PC via Bluetooth (no DS4Windows running at the moment). I can get Steam to recognize my controller in game and it brings up the Big Picture UI when I hit the Home button. The game seems to recognize there's a controller attached, as the button prompts change from keyboard/mouse to Dualshock prompts when I do stuff on the controller. But nothing on the controller actually DOES anything--d-pad doesn't move the menu cursor, buttons don't do anything, etc. The only thing that happens sometimes is when I move the left stick, a virtual left stick appears on the screen that mimics what I'm doing with the controller.

Any ideas? I've tried launching Yakuza 0 in both normal and Big Picture mode and it doesn't make a difference.

EDIT: Never mind. It turns out you can't have ANY OTHER CONTROLLERS connected, you have to unplug them all. Sheesh.