• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game to support more SEGA PC ports, but I hope people are already reporting the bugs to the devs (maybe there's a chance this is somehow tied to the Denuvo implementation? Just speculating, I don't know that myself).

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bought the game to support more SEGA PC ports, but I hope people are already reporting the bugs to the devs (maybe there's a chance this is somehow tied to the Denuvo implementation? Just speculating, I don't know that myself).

Im starting to think this aswell, I am having a 100+ fps with a 1070 but the stuttering is absolutely insane, I even tried putting everything on low but nothing seems to work.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the US... Why is my preload still locked?

Restarted Steam and it still says the game is unreleased.

Final edit: Okay, finally got it to queue by just waiting out the 5 minute auto-update timer. Steam being buggy.

Last edited:

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
running it at 4k with everyting at max except SSAA turned off. getting 100-140 fps on a 1070TI, 8700k, 16GB with no stuttering at all (and I'm very sensitive to it). got a g-sync monitor though, maybe this helps?

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
You people that are having stuttering at high frame rates - do you have high refresh monitors?

If not, does it do the same thing if you lock it to 60hz with vsync?

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sounds like a similar issue than with Sonic Mania, where Denuvo produced stuttering because of bad implemenation.

Haven't played Mania on PC but wouldn't be surprised if the same issue applies here as they are both from Sega.

running it at 4k with everyting at max except SSAA turned off. getting 100-140 fps on a 1070TI, 8700k, 16GB with no stuttering at all (and I'm very sensitive to it). got a g-sync monitor though, maybe this helps?

Could be, I don't have g-sync, but running the game at max (except SSAA) 1440p on a 1070, i5 6500, 16GB is giving me a lot of stutters, nothing helps. Lowering settings, disabling/enabling vsync, etc.

Oct 26, 2017
For those with audio crackling and extreme framepacing issues (like I had):

I did three things to alleviate these issues, but the one that seemed to make the biggest impact was setting Yakuza0.exe's affinity to "High" in the Task Manager. Seems to have completely removed my stuttering issues.

In addition, I edited audio.ini (found at Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0) and changed AudioMode=0 to AudioMode=1 and saved.

I also went into the Nvidia Control Panel under "Manage 3D settings," created a profile for Yakuza 0, and changed the OpenGL Rendering GPU to my GPU (in my case, a 1070.) Apparently, the game sometimes defaults to integrated graphics.

I'm not sure about the efficacy of the latter two fixes (as I kinda changed them all at once, lol – bad troubleshooting practice, I know!). However, reverting the program's affinity back to Normal does reintroduce stuttering, so I know that worked for me.

With all of these fixes, I have perfectly smooth gameplay at 140+FPS on my GTX1070, i5-6600k and 16GB RAM. No stuttering, no audio crackling whatsoever.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I havent gotten far yet (just past the intro), but the game's running at 144fps and haven't seen it much below that. I'm running on a 970, and using a mix of Ulta/High settings.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I did three things to alleviate these issues, but the one that seemed to make the biggest impact was setting Yakuza0.exe's affinity to "High" in the Task Manager. Seems to have completely removed my stuttering issues.

In addition, I edited audio.ini (found at Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0) and changed AudioMode=0 to AudioMode=1 and saved.

I also went into the Nvidia Control Panel under "Manage 3D settings," created a profile for Yakuza 0, and changed the OpenGL Rendering GPU to my GPU (in my case, a 1070.) Apparently, the game sometimes defaults to integrated graphics.

I'm not sure about the efficacy of the latter two fixes (as I kinda changed them all at once, lol – bad troubleshooting practice, I know!). However, reverting the program's affinity back to Normal does reintroduce stuttering, so I know that worked for me.

With all of these fixes, I have perfectly smooth gameplay at 140+FPS on my GTX1070, i5-6600k and 16GB RAM. No stuttering, no audio crackling whatsoever.

YES! Setting the affinity to High completely eliminates all the stuttering for me! I think your second measure also worked as I don't have any audio crackling anymore.

Cheers!

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
changing yakuza0.exe to high priority in task manager help the stutter issue for me, had to test more but I Gotta go now

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Hey, thanks the audio mode thing fixed it for me.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Got beaten like a doll against Kuze, so I adopted a simple strategy: waiting for his kick, Square Triangle, repeat.

Yeah, shame on me. :(

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Running on a GTX 1080ti at 1080p 60hz, zero issues whatsoever. Game runs like a charm, looks like a beast. Since I've played through the whole game on PS4 fairly recently, I'm giving myself full cash and CP to coast through the game using Cheat Engine.

jcKTvP4.png

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody running this on a real toaster? Friend's PC is like 2010-era. He can play Destiny 2 just fine, though.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Running on a GTX 1080ti at 1080p 60hz, zero issues whatsoever. Game runs like a charm, looks like a beast. Since I've played through the whole game on PS4 fairly recently, I'm giving myself full cash and CP to coast through the game using Cheat Engine.

jcKTvP4.png

Would you kindly make a .ct file for it and share it ? :D

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Anybody running this on a real toaster? Friend's PC is like 2010-era. He can play Destiny 2 just fine, though.
Yeah, should be fine in that case. Yakuza 0 in essence is a PS3 game, at the very least he should be able to get 1080p 60fps on a rig like that.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Running like a dream.

No issues yet outside of the ultrawide resolution being a sham. Maybe i'm not doing it right but if i try to play in ultrawide the game simply zooms in to fill the sides.

That's not a feature you boast about before release.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I played 2 hours and I'm pretty happy about the performance so far.
The only place where the framerate went to shit for no apparent reason was in the Toko Credit building, the room between the first with the elevator and the third where the cutscene happens. It's such a shitty room with nothing going on I have no idea why it was struggling so bad. The audio stuttering/crackling was fixed after changing to AudioMode=1 and the cutscenes seem to stutter a lot less with the 30fps cap.
Other than that, the game's always running at 60fps with some minor stutter here and there in borderless with v-sync on on an i5 2500k, RX470.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
They seem to be using a really bad method of Vsync in this game. Getting drops to like 50-54 fps when looking down streets but without vsync the lowest It'll ever go is 57 very rarely and mostly running between 60-75fps.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I hate it when games are only in English because of the times an occasional word I don't know pops up and I have to pause the game like the dumbass I am and use the translator

But I guess this forces me to learn English further!
They seem to be using a really bad method of Vsync in this game. Getting drops to like 50-54 fps when looking down streets but without vsync the lowest It'll ever go is 57 very rarely and mostly running between 60-75fps.
Vysnc works fine for me, rock solid 60 FPS. I have quite some overhead though (~90-100 FPS without vsync)

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Some Tweaks and fixes:
In AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0 in the settings.ini set SaveAnywhere=1 to well save anywhere.

In the graphics.ini set MaxFPS=240 to your refresh rate (recommended) or limit fps however you want.

If your Windows username has non-English letters or such (example Ä, Ö...) the game crashes. Make a new user until Sega fixes it

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
For people with crashes: I read on Steam that they can be caused by having non-English characters in your Windows username and therefore your user folder. (á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ö, etc)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So .. just to recap.

1/ Save anywhere:
In AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0 in the settings.ini set SaveAnywhere=1

2/ Limit FPS or change Max FPS:
In the graphics.ini set MaxFPS=240 to your refresh rate (recommended) or limit fps however you want.

3/ Fix Stuttering:
Setting Yakuza0.exe's affinity to "High" in the Task Manager.

4/ Fix Audio Stuttering:
Edit audio.ini (found at Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0) and changed AudioMode=0 to AudioMode=1 and save.

thanks to tet666 and DyslexicAlucard

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some Tweaks and fixes:
In AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0 in the settings.ini set SaveAnywhere=1 to well save anywhere.

If your Windows username has non-English letters or such (example Ä, Ö...) the game crashes. Make a new user until Sega fixes it
19d.gif

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Setting affinity to high was the same solution for launch day stutter-fest Forza Horizon 3. Weird that it fixes shit like that.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got no stuttering on a 165hz GSYNC monitor, 8700K/1070/16GB DDR4 system, have Vsync off and game set to full screen 144hz.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I am.. I running everything on low at dual core cpu and r560

Unfortunately only played about 5 minute after task manager fix.. seem fine tho

Fps still tank in crowded spot tho

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking game still won't unlock. EST

The game is not yet released. It will be unlocked and available for play on release day.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in the graphics config file theres a setting there called

TargetAspectX=16
TargetAspectY=9

even with letterbox disabled it keeps them settitngs at 16 x 9

try changing them

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some Tweaks and fixes:

is there a key or something to save anywhere ? theres no option to save in menus

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
>have game on PS4
>really enjoy it
>pc version announced
>well I should double dip since it's the better version
>pc port is garbage

Every fucking time

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
running well on my Falcon NW TLX. I had freezing in the opening cutscene but was able to skip past it. Already did some tweaking based on this thread and steam discussion forums, looking forward to folks figuring out more tweaks and based on my first 2 hours, I think I'm really going to enjoy this game.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
>have game on PS4
>really enjoy it
>pc version announced
>well I should double dip since it's the better version
>pc port is garbage

Every fucking time
PC port is fantastic. Apparently it doesn't start if you have non English characters in your Windows username but that will get fixed super fast I'm sure. Once you're in it's perfect.