• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
The writing and story is horrible, but the game is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently, Inafune worked on this game too.

Yes, his studio produced it and the development partner was the same one he worked with on Lost Planet 3. Even at the time, people were like "why the hell are you working with them again?" and his answer was he was friends with the higher-ups at the company and he trusted they wouldn't screw up again... shows how much he knew.

Yaiba also contains the first in-game appearance of Beck from Mighty no.9, he's a player skin or something.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yaiba also contains the first in-game appearance of Beck from Mighty no.9, he's a player skin or something.
Wow, never knew this. Looks like it was DLC, but I'm not sure if it's available anymore.

Also, holy cow! I cannot believe that Mighty No 9 started its kickstarter 5 1/2 freaking years ago!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the actual link to the trademark:

https://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=USTM.88247091

Currently it's just a trademark, but I looked through Koei Tecmo's past few years of trademarks and they don't seem to file for anything that they're not actually using during that time. So judging by the past, they'll probably be doing something with this. Not sure why. I never actually played the game, but yeah going by this thread the general impression is that it's bad. Hopefully if they're remastering it, they're actually going into and fixing it.

Edit: Small mistake. Koei Tecmo trademarked "Eat! Fat! Fight!" in December 2016 / January 2017 in Europe / United States and never did anything with it. Eat! Fat! Fight! is a WiiWare game that came out in 2009.

https://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=EMTM.016228091
https://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=USTM.87253657

That seems to be the only standout though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
If they do every ng, then fine. If just Yaiba, then this has to be a passion project, right? Even a port of 3 would probably sell better.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game was great fun. Maybe people will appreciate it more now that it will be 60fps on consoles.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Hey Team, we need to test the waters to see if there is still a Ninja Gaiden audience out there. What's the best way to do that?"
"Makes the most sense to port YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z over boss."

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
giphy.gif

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
While not a great game by any stretch, it's also not terrible. Sometimes you just want to hack things apart. I have other games with deeper combat systems for when I really want to hack things apart. Like Oneechanbara Z II.

Frunkalicious

Oct 28, 2017
It's like Killer is Dead, Shadows of the Damned, Splatterhouse and any other B budget game from last gen in that it's fun but nothing special and had no business being a full price release.
I think its way worse than those three and probably the worst b-tier game in the genre last gen. One of the shittiest games I've ever played and I've played alot of bad games. Its a shame cause the artstyle and premise is pretty cool but dont get fooled, this game is terrible. Atleast thats how I felt when I played it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The Curse of Keiji Inafune strikes again.

(Yes, he and Comcept had a hand in this game's creation.)

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
You play for like 20 minutes and think "Hey, this controls alright, why was this slammed so hard?" and then you recognize that the rest of the game is just these 20 minutes repeated over and over again with dozens and dozens of "bullet"sponge enemies.
Does it at least have few unique boss fights?

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I felt it was an alright brawler that got slammed because it couldn't live up to the Ninja Gaiden name, but not completely terrible or anything.