• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Just friends, evv'ryone and anyone? Or do you make 'em all mooses (EDIT: MOOSE) and be done with it.

Of course I'd never do that. Just hypothesizing. *looks at phone screen and chuckles*

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I used to do that in high school, but I really only use LINE nowadays. Rarely call anyone besides a couple real close friends and family, and I don't like texting.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I dont even add names to numbers lol I just memorize everyone by the number. So...that's a no from me

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Nope. The only one I have is my gf and she did it herself. The only other contact pictures I have are my sisters and they're just dorky pictures of characters from TV Shows

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Everyone. And if I can't find a photo, I'll use something tangentially related but stupid. Also, I used to get triggered every time one of my parents would text or call, so I made their photos Jerry and Beth from Rick and Morty. Worked a treat.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I don't have a single photo in my contacts. Not family, not my girlfriend, no one. I don't see any point or value in it.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I try to collect them all. It feels like there's something missing If I don't have a photo attached to a contact. I'm a photographer so most of my contact photos are from photo shoots

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be thorough about it with friends, but not so much recently. And the pictures would only be existing ones I've taken with/of them. I don't ask to take a picture.

That being said, anyone with an iPhone or iPad can share their own display picture for contacts, so it's been automatic for anyone who has that enabled.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
i forgot such a feature exists until i saw my brother set one up for my mom's new phone

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Just for a guy I was dating.

Back in college I had pictures for all of my contacts. Not so much these days. I use emojis for my family members though.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
iOS kinda just does this automatically. I haven't set one since I changed my partners photo. Everyone else is whatever their iOS profile photo is.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I have recently been asking the people I talk to the most for a picture of themselves if they don't have one.

iOS kinda just does this automatically. I haven't set one since I changed my partners photo. Everyone else is whatever their iOS profile photo is.
It's an iMessage setting, within iOS, that allows you to share your First and Last name and picture to people either automatically or when you wish to share.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Never have and never will. Honestly i would even buy a phone without a camera if it was cheaper. I almost never use it. Certainly not to take pictures of me or other people.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
LINE is the Japanese equivalent of WhatsApp/WeChat/Viber etc. It's used in a few other Asian countries too.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I've only done it for immediate family members. I put their photos into an app, made them all look really old and that's what I see whenever any of them call.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
99% of the people here use whatsapp so I don't think there is any use for that. But even without I wouldn't bother.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but I have one prerequisite: It has to be the worst picture of you humanly imaginable. I request that they take a stupid picture of themselves or I will photoshop them into something stupid.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Used to do it, but with the screen quality getting better, I stopped because I had to do it all over again every time. I barely use it for more than a handful of contacts anyway, I could erase half of my numbers

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I try to get profile pictures. I like seeing them when they call if I'm not next to my phone and can't read the text on it.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never cared beyond my closest circle of loved ones, but these days you don't even have to try. Almost everyone I know has an iPhone like I do, so people can set their own contact photo on their end and it'll appear on mine.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
A couple of my friends have a photo but my phone grabbed that one of facebook or whatsApp profile I think and they're 10 year old profile pictures haha, I don't set them myself.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still make cellular calls? What's this, 2000s?

I use Whatsapp or LINE, people have their profile picture attached.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I always forget it's a thing. Though just checked there and one of my pals seems to have a badly edited picture of Slippy Toad as their picture so I must have used it at one point lol

Aomame

Oct 27, 2017
I used an app that imported them from Facebook. I'll replace the photos if they get super outdated over the years.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I set them up as characters from movies/shows.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
I save their current picture from Facebook without their permission and never change it. Got my buddy's pic from 10 years ago at this point.