• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Diane Lane is absolutely fantastic as Jennifer Brown. Ashley Romans as 355 is amazing as well. Great casting right here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At one moment this show is dealing with anti-vaxers in a position of authority, and 10 seconds later there s a Mean Girls-esque standoff in a hallway

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Watching now. I just can't believe this actually finally happened. To think at one point Shia Labeouf was set to be Yorrick.

20 minutes in, acting and production seem on point! Getting hopeful.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
episode 1
I knew they gonna fluff this for the tv show to stretch it out.
Front loaded the show with characters from the political side that's not in beginning of the comic book.
some missing characters

handled the Yorick/ Beth scene differently.
Hero's scene was different
also no Israel military stuff

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
watched the 1st episode
i only seem to remember the reveal about his mom's occupation somewhere down the line, not in the beginning

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
episode 1
I knew they gonna fluff this for the tv show to stretch it out.
Front loaded the show with characters from the political side that's not in beginning of the comic book.
some missing characters

handled the Yorick/ Beth scene differently.
Hero's scene was different
also no Israel military stuff
what? first issue is filled with political characters

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
i wanna try to get to at least the first episode later today. expectations are nonexistent

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
3 eps in. I like this a lot so far. Not familiar with the original comic/story so the premise is really interesting. The actress who plays Agent 355 is soooo good in this. I'm stoked to see where this is headed

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed it. Not sure how I feel about more of the political shit but it fits in today's climate. Casting so far has been dead on.

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the first two, will check out the third tomorrow. Boy, it's sad seeing this be review bombed online by red pill people who want to complain

microgreen

Jun 24, 2020
This show already has the potential to be real messy for multiple things and according to one reviewer there's no queer women. Lmao how are you going to have a show with no men and still have everything be extremely straight?

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
This show already has the potential to be real messy for multiple things and according to one reviewer there's no queer women. Lmao how are you going to have a show with no men and still have everything be extremely straight?
I haven't seen the show yet but from what I remember there is a major character that is queer.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I meanā€¦lots of women will be revealed to be queer by the end of this, I expect.

I've watched the first two episodes and while it's not as funny as the comic, I'm totally fine with it so far. I appreciate an adaptation that tries something new but holds on to the important bits and so far that's happened.

maybe some folks should just let this be it's own thing and judge it that way

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
So what day of the week are the new episode drops? Haven't read the graphic novel but seems pretty interesting to me so far. I'm all burned out on the Walking Dead crap so this fills my dystopian quota.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think that might be incorrect and show if anything changed things from the comics with earlier inclusion with the storyline involving transgenders finding resources like it's pretty obvious just in the second episode couldn't possibly miss it. For those who've read the comics there's few major characters introduced, mentioned who aren't straight but it's more seeing things unfold as the story progresses.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
There's only 3 episodes out so far. They're still dealing with society collapsing and trying to get things into some sort of order. A pivotal scene with Yorick's mom deals with how to deal with a nuclear reactor that's failing so they can fix it and restore power and hopefully get some order back to society. I'm sure they will deal with queer women, the Amazons and everything else as it comes up but the show is still dealing with the fallout of losing everything with a Y chromosome.

Further, they're already showing Trans people and what they're having to deal with pretty front and center so I'm not sure where the complaint of "still have everything be extremely straight"

It's literally the beginning of the show based on a comic that ran for 60 issues. That's five years. What we're you expecting out of the gate, that they'd have a pride parade in the middle of the apocalypse? One of the main characters in the comic is gay and hasn't been introduced yet. Let the story unfold.

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I like it, Yorrick is a big dipshit though. Don't remember much about the comics anyway.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
There's only 3 episodes out so far. They're still dealing with society collapsing and trying to get things into some sort of order. A pivotal scene in with Yorick's mom deals with how to deal with a nuclear reactor. I'm sure they will deal with queer women, the Amazons and everything else.

Further, they're already showing Trans people and what they're having to deal with pretty front and center so I'm not sure where the complaint of "still have everything be extremely straight"

It's literally the beginning of the show based on a comic that ran for 60 issues. That's five years. What we're you expecting put of the gate, that they'd have a pride parade in the middle of the apocalypse? One of the main characters in the comic is gay and hasn't been introduced yet. Let the story unfold.
Maybe this show needs to be in CW.
We'll be having hot steamy sex every episode.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this show needs to be in CW.
We'll be having hot steamy sex every episode.
Every other scene will be teenage drama and people being like "i don't care about the nuclear reactor. The only thing that's about to meltdown is my heart because I love you!"

The only real misstep I've seen so far is they haven't listed what the damage is from losing everything with a Y chromosome. Maybe they're going to bring that up later to sort of let the viewers know how much this changed the world but the comic hit the ground running letting you know the stakes. I'm surprised the show hasn't. That's the one big misstep I can think of so far.