• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ew?

• YES

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • NO

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • DAS A DRAGON

Votes: 46 59.7%

• Total voters

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all seen this scaly snail that's making the rounds on the internet. Love exotic animals like this. It's scales and shell are made of iron (among other things, though there is another variant of the species without iron, it is white).

Look at this SHIT:
That's pretty fucking metal

wcKA7uy.jpg

And if videogames have tought me anything this one lives near lava and burns you if you touch it

They live a few miles underneath the ocean at the base of volcanic smoke stacks. Apparently scientists believe that the scales are potentially made by the parasites living on the snail which the snail also utilizes for food.

More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaly-foot_snail

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty fucking metal

wcKA7uy.jpg

And if videogames have tought me anything this one lives near lava and burns you if you touch it

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've killed a few of these in various jrpgs.

Seriously, though, nature never ceases to fascinate.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
yeah it's metal as fuck... especially considering it has iron scales.

Also, it totally looks like a JRPG enemy. Like, dunno, Lavos spawn or some shit.

Dec 30, 2020
When you want to wear a killer gothic ballgown but also a tactical helmet to prevent buckets dropping from the prom rafters...

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Nope. The shell is comprised of 3 layers and the middle organic layer is hypothesized to protect the snail from pressured attacks such as jaws. This thing is snail perfected.

So the only way to hurt it is to trick it into crawling on top of a bomb, then attacking the fleshy parts for the few seconds they goosh out before it recovers?

Dang, I haven't even upgraded my bomb bag either.

Oct 26, 2017
We're doing animals that look like Pokemon?
I give you the Leaf Sheep, one of the few animals that can photosynthesize.
lcfmhqwq6mb51.jpg

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Those scales kinda creep me out. Reminds me of the pics I saw of people with Tree Man Syndrome (don't google if you're squeemish to body horror type stuff).

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Y'all seen this scaly snail that's making the rounds on the internet. Love exotic animals like this. It's scales and shell are made of iron (among other things, though there is another variant of the species without iron, it is white).

Look at this SHIT:

They live a few miles underneath the ocean at the base of volcanic smoke stacks. Apparently scientists believe that the scales are potentially made by the parasites living on the snail which the snail also utilizes for food.

More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaly-foot_snail

I want someone to do some cool giant creature art with this. It's too cool.