• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's a 34-inch display sporting a curved (1500R) panel with a 3440x1440 resolution (21:9 aspect ratio). Built for gaming, it has a 144Hz refresh rate, 4ms response time, and AMD FreeSync support.

GCF3x4qSqD8NBcvycivz2o-650-80.jpg

Certain details are not yet known, such as the brightness level, contrast ratio, and connectivity options. It's also unclear what company is sourcing the VA panel. A post on Weibo suggests it's Samsung.

Preorder pricing on the 34-inch Surface Mi is 1,999 Yuan, which is around $283 in US currency. After it ships, the price will go up to 2,499 Yuan (~$354). It's not clear if Xiaomi intends to offer this display outside of China.

Xiaomi also unveiled a 23.8-inch IPS monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. Other details are tougher to come by, though it's priced at 699 Yuan (~$98).

It's exciting to see potentially cheaper options in the gaming monitor space! :D

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Sub-$300 for a 34" 21:9 1440 144hz is nuts.

I can only imagine the corners cut and how much that VA panel will ghost.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Xiaomi doesn't cut corners, they do magic.
They do cut corners but their product for the price is still best bang for the buck range. Also you can be assured of the quality when it comes to them.

In US from what ive seen consumers dont get stiff competition in lower priced mobile phones. Come to India or China and you will be baffled. Xiaomi isn't the only horse delivering great stuff cheap there's lot of companies now. In monitor space though currently there's only xiaomi i guess with this announcement. To people wondering how? Xiaomi usually keeps a 8-10% profit range only on their products(as said by their ceo) and price it low as their mantra is to reach out to most.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
It's not magic, it's just cheap Chinese slave labor + razor thin margins as previously stated. Your cheap tech products, especially from a company like this, can only be the way they are in large part because of another human beings misery.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not magic, it's just cheap Chinese slave labor + razor thin margins as previously stated. Your cheap tech products, especially from a company like this, can only be the way they are in large part because of another human beings misery.
Chinese labor is not as cheap as you think, Xiaomi is in fact opening factories in India because the labor costs are lower.
Also, like pretty much all modern tech products, this isn't something that is just made in one country. For example, this monitor is using a Samsung panel, I kinda doubt it even ranks all that high in the list of products with the highest percentage of Chinese labor involved in their production.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Holy shit that's an amazing price. I would buy that in a heartbeat as my new primary if it sales in the US.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If the panel is good I might actually want one of these. And I had zero intention of upgrading my monitor any time soon. That's an insane value.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on Xiaomi, they make fucking amazing products.

I bought a pair of Piston 3 earphones 5 years ago, and they are still alive and kicking, and sound like a pair of 100usd+ dollars earphones while costing 25usd.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017

Same thing applies to expensive products so what's your point.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Monitor is getting a global release fairly soon (57:00 mark):

It's being priced at €399 in Spain, €449 in Italy and €499 in other EU countries.

Last edited: