• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Live look at Vince writing this rulebook

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
All I had to read was 44 players on the field....

Fuck the XFL. Fuck the owners who let the AAF collapse. Fuck the NFL.

Long live baseball. I'm already tired of hearing about football and its APRIL.

(this is mostly a post about how if I hear the word "manning" one more time I might pop the hood of my car and start cutting wires until the sounds stop. )

What owners let it collapse?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Forty-four players will be on the field at the same time in the overtime session, with both team's offenses and defenses on opposite ends of the field.

What in the fuck is this! XD

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it doesn't. It sounds like an awful mess.

Donate it to a charity. Give your WWE workers health insurance. Etc. Not some pointless endeavor that will fold in a year. Not to mention they're only going to hire "quality individuals" to play and what that entails.
But that's not fun. You don't get anything from it. Especially if you're already against it.
Seriously, what sounds more exciting - giving your employees health insurance or creating your own goddamn football league? Dude probably gets boners thinking about this XFL shit.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
But the real question is, will they have better health insurance than Vince's wrestlers or will Vince just appoint the WWE "doctors" to diagnose concussions?

Oct 27, 2017
Vince McMahon: "44 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE! A NEW EXCITING BRAND OF FOOTBALL!"

Reasonable Football Fan: "Yeah but with that many players 1/3rd of them aren't even going to be doing anything. It doesn't really add anything to..."

Vince McMahon: "44 PLAYERS! FORTY FOUR!"

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
If this keeps Vince away from the WWE then this is the best fucking idea in sports history.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want someone to try to return a goal line interception for a score and their offensive teammates block for them as they run it in.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
They should have tiered conversions all the way back to the other goal line. 100-yard conversion gets, I dunno, 50 points. Whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
Vince McMahon: "44 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE! A NEW EXCITING BRAND OF FOOTBALL!"

Reasonable Football Fan: "Yeah but with that many players 1/3rd of them aren't even going to be doing anything. It doesn't really add anything to..."

Vince McMahon: "44 PLAYERS! FORTY FOUR!"
1/3rd of them won't have anything to do unless...

they have four balls in play.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds terrible. They won't lure any college prospects with the promise of a paycheck when they're playing this bullshit. There are so many better things that an old man's money could fund

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think this is a good idea but i also don't think too many people read past the "44 man" headline either.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Can we get field goals that get more and more points depending on how far away the kick is from? Like you kick from the 60 yard line and it's like "Welp, that's 8 points."

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
Guys, I don't think this is 44 players all going at once. If this is akin to say, an NHL shootout, they'll go from one side to another. From the article linked in the OP:

Luck said the XFL wants games to have a three-hour time limit and the overtime system could be completed in four to five minutes.

I think the only way to have it over that quickly without it being complete fucking chaos is to have everyone on the field so they switch back and forth easily instead of utilizing only one side of the field and having to trot offenses and defenses in and out. The question for me would indeed be about officials. Would they split them up and have each officiate one side? But I don't think this proposal is as crazy as some of you are making it out to be.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The overtime should be the 44 players playing Rugby with the uniforms of American Football

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I don't think this is 44 players all going at once. If this is akin to say, an NHL shootout, they'll go from one side to another. From the article linked in the OP:

I think the only way to have it over that quickly without it being complete fucking chaos is to have everyone on the field so they switch back and forth easily instead of utilizing only one side of the field and having to trot offenses and defenses in and out. The question for me would indeed be about officials. Would they split them up and have each officiate one side? But I don't think this proposal is as crazy as some of you are making it out to be.

This makes sense, but it's still pretty stupid to call it as a 44 person OT period if that's the case. Either way, people are going to be disappointed.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The XFL is the Fox Dark Phoenix saga of sports and Vince McMahon is Simon Kinsberg.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The 44 player thing would make sense if teams could choose to go for 1, 2 or 3 points in overtime. If it's always 2 points, then there is virtually no strategy involved... Playing together just makes a mess.

Imagine a team winning by 2 points, 2 plays to go. They decide to go for 1 point, fail, at the same time the other team goes for 3 and is now winning by 1. Last play, they don't know how many points they are going for, so there is some bluff/strategy going on. You might go for 3 (harder) because you think the other one would go for 2 - but they actually went for 1. You just put yourself in a more difficult play unnecessarily. It's kinda like the last play in a basketball game when you don't know if you should guard the 3pt line or the paint.