• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Here I am minding my own business playing Aokana (neat VN btw) when suddenly...

4VIc9QD.jpeg

36lfcmp.jpeg

Cancel me and truncate my hexalogy into a final third game with extremely limited physical printed copies if not an appropriate thread.

EDIT: Here's the official promotional image.

Last edited:

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Would kill for Episodes I through III on Switch. Make it happen Bamco

You and me both. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Harada said he pushed for it but the execs didn't think it would sell. Though that may have been before Xenoblade's huge splash...

Xenosaga's also one of my favorites.

Though I have an idea: Instead of remaking all three episodes, why not combine all of them & make it into one large game while having the same gameplay from either Episode I or Episode III? It would be a lot easier.

Oct 31, 2017
Episode II is overly hated by obnoxious fans of the more anime art styles of I and III

and the hate for the battle system made no sense considering how boosting took 2 seconds, you almost never had to stick up boosts aside from bosses, and animations were MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than Episode I

I love episode I and III but II is by far the best in the trilogy IMO

Oct 31, 2017
Why?

It's even more insulting that it's from episode 2.

Why.
Why did it have to be Episode 2 though

Because it's a really good game

some of you really need to play Episode I and II back to back and realize how ridiculous you sound

lmk how long you guys are able to deal with the unskippable century-long animations in battle for Episode I or the maze-like areas with no map or the total lack of music or the insanely confusing menus

This hate boner people have for Episode II is infuriating

Last edited:

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Some QOL changes in an HD remaster and Episode 1 and 2 would be perfecy serviceable games in 2020. Neither are super long. I've been playing them through and I'm currently midway through episode 2. I think Harada is mistaken that there isn't an audience for sci-fi jRPGs. If only there were a way to make SE and Nintendo see the light...

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ew Mok Kos

Because it's a really good game

some of you really need to play Episode I and II back to back and realize how ridiculous you sound

lmk how long you guys are able to deal with the unskippable century-long animations in battle for Episode I or the maze-like areas with no map or the total lack of music or the insanely confusing menus

This hate boner people have for Episode II is infuriating

In my opinion. there is a certain point when combat in Xenosaga 1 because VERY easy and fast. In xenosaga 2 the further you get the LOOOONGER the fights get because of how much setup the combat system requires to pull off. And, if a boss can interrupt your setup you have to start from square 1.

I've played MAAAAANY jrpgs over the years and xenosaga 2 is one where i just put it down on the last boss, not because it was "hard" but because minutes worth of setup can be wasted in a second.

hannuraina

Prophet of Truth
Jan 7, 2018
Xenosaga on the Switch is real! [Not really][But maybe!][Nah, jk][or am i?]

day one

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Ep 2's combat being predicated on stacking charges to chain combos together (and making boosts critical to said combos) made for an annoying and drawn out system. Dual and triple attacks aren't rewarding to pull off because they also use said precious charges, nor are they available unless you go out of your way to get them in sidequests. There are no skills that increase your stacks and the one skill that allows you to counterboost only works 1/4th the time and isn't affected by the double rate skill.

That being said, a few tweaks would make it all flow much faster. Make the double effect skill apply to all skills instead of just stats. Allow individual status immunity and make them available earlier in the game. Tie dual and triple attacks to character progression instead of sidequests. Double the acquisition rate of C and S points. Normal attacks should gain a stack, stocking should both defend from attacks and charge two stacks. The max stack charge should be 5 instead of 3 per character. Allow manual counterboosting to counter the incessant AI boosts. Increase the base agility of all party members other than MOMO by 1. Give Chaos and Ziggy an aerial attack or knock down option. That would fix a lot of the problems and I haven't touched the elemental system yet.

ew Mok Kos

In my opinion. there is a certain point when combat in Xenosaga 1 because VERY easy and fast. In xenosaga 2 the further you get the LOOOONGER the fights get because of how much setup the combat system requires to pull off. And, if a boss can interrupt your setup you have to start from square 1.

I've played MAAAAANY jrpgs over the years and xenosaga 2 is one where i just put it down on the last boss, not because it was "hard" but because minutes worth of setup can be wasted in a second.
All it takes is the boss stealing your boost as soon as you try to start the combo. I usually wait a moment to see if my starter lands or misses before committing to O attacks, but even then some enemies will boost as soon as I do so, wasting that character's stacks and forcing me to setup again. The AI is programmed to break your combo potential as often as possible. You can counter this by forcing them to waste all their boost with feint attacks (baiting the AI into boosting with starters, waiting a moment for the AI to boost during a character turn), but that also takes more time. More annoying is how some enemies wait just long enough for you to think you're safe committing to a combo, and then counterboost to screw you over. Throw status effects and the inability to be immune from anything, and it takes even longer in some fights.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
You and me both. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Harada said he pushed for it but the execs didn't think it would sell. Though that may have been before Xenoblade's huge splash...
I have a hard time believing Harada would push for anything worthwhile for the Switch lol.

And I also need these 3 games on Switch so bad : /.
Along with many other old games I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You and me both. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Harada said he pushed for it but the execs didn't think it would sell. Though that may have been before Xenoblade's huge splash...
Harada is the exec here. He manages all of BN's original IP and has full authority to greenlight a remaster of the trilogy.

That said, for all the baffling decisions he makes, this isn't one of them. Even if they get a remaster made, the IP still has no future without Takahashi. BN would much rather spend those resources on promising IPs that they can actually continue making and growing.