• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The next Xenoblade will be called Xenoblade 1X2, and will see Shulk's people and Rex's people drawn into Planet Mira :-o

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
A stunning piece of art. Not the biggest CHOCO fan, but he always does some amazing stuff. The Zohar with the LOS in center like the Zohar's core is just...perfect.

I'm very, very glad to see Elma - the totally NOT main protagonist of XCX - front and center too.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
If only XCX was a better game. Elma was a dreadful MC. I hope we continue XC->XC2->XC3 and just kinda forget about XCX.

I thought Elma was a perfectly fine character, but I agree that X was dreadful and somehow managed to suck all of the soul out of the franchise. Thank god Xenoblade 2 rebounded. I agree--let's just move onto XC3 and leave X in the past.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do something down the line to remove Rex in Xeno world, just lend him to Tales game or something.

Elma is the queen and should be at the center

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I adore Rex, but yea, the supporting cast were especially memorable, especially Nia and Morag.

Well, back to writing my fan fiction where Morag dominates me while talking shit in Scottish.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Rex is the protagonist of the best Xenoblade tho

OAlLOgL.png

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
why does it always seem like a different concept artist every time they share something lol. This looks like a generic anime poster, not gonna lie. A cool one, but doesn't fit very well with Xenoblade IMO

I agree.

I thought we were getting something as beautiful as XC1 concept art.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to comment more on this without spoiler but the Zohar/Conduit and space station is a nice touch.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
He's a sweetheart he really is. He's also dumb af lookin. Those pants man
Rex quickly won me over despite the goofy-looking pants. Noctis in FFXV is another example of this. Didn't initially like the design but now it's part of the charm.

And hey, the pants have a lore explanation - it's part of a diving suit. :3

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Broke: Elma being front and center is hinting at a port
Woke: Elma being front and center is hinting at her being playable in Smash
Bespoke: Elma being front and center is hinting at her being the main character in Xenoblade 3

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
They need to get Raita Kazama to do some of these illustrations. He was part of the art department on both Chronicles and X, and I like his art waaaaaaay more:

DG0_QHVXkAAzOFL.jpg

Dzco87UX0AAuE4r.jpg

Yuan.Shao.full.1437612.jpg

de2888b14f77926361ea25b4d88bcc8a.jpg

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
This is sort of a spoilery question for X/the whole series, but this artwork made me think of it:

Are there any believable theories about X connecting to Xenoblade 1/2? Or is it, at this point, almost certainly its own thing?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
People hating on Rex should try to finish Xenoblade 2 because he really grow throughout the game.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Rex quickly won me over despite the goofy-looking pants. Noctis in FFXV is another example of this. Didn't initially like the design but now it's part of the charm.

And hey, the pants have a lore explanation - it's part of a diving suit. :3

Yeah. nah. I've seen other divers in the game, munted faces aside they looked more reasonable. I don't recall them having those goofy thigh parachute lookin things. His pants were a problem, and I can't believe nobody told him.

If you do adopt him please tell him.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of a spoilery question for X/the whole series, but this artwork made me think of it:

Are there any believable theories about X connecting to Xenoblade 1/2? Or is it, at this point, almost certainly its own thing?
They exist in the same shared multiverse at the very least but X has some things that connect it more to XB1 like Nopons name dropping Frontier Village and one of their quest revealing their legendary weapon is a wooden Monado, a collectible being miniatures of Bionis and a portable ether furnance

Oh and a Telethia being the bonus boss

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Not even a full page before the Rex slander started.

Anyways the artwork is amazing, hopefully Elma at the center is a sign of things to come.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I won't take the X slander in this thread. It's my favorite of the three games.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. nah. I've seen other divers in the game, munted faces aside they looked more reasonable. I don't recall them having those goofy thigh parachute lookin things. His pants were a problem, and I can't believe nobody told him.

If you do adopt him please tell him.
That's because other divers are just wearing the boring diving suits and nothing else lol

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should do some crossover comic strips. some character interactions really need to happen
  • Vandam working Shulk and Rex to the bone
  • Dunban, Nagi, and Morag having a spot of tea (or hard liquor for lulz)
  • Lin wetting herself over Siren
  • Lin, Pyra, and Mythra in the kitchen
  • the Trinity back together
  • Ahkos and HB

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
they should do some crossover comic strips. some character interactions really need to happen
  • Vandam working Shulk and Rex to the bone
  • Dunban, Nagi, and Morag having a spot of tea (or hard liquor for lulz)
  • Lin wetting herself over Siren
  • Lin, Pyra, and Mythra in the kitchen
  • the Trinity back together
  • Ahkos and HB
Tatsu Riki and Tora together needs to happen too