• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 17, 2017
Nah, they jumped the shark with Tatsu in XBX.
I loved the Nopon in XB1, but XBX and XB2 made me hate them.

Whatever they do with 3, I hope it's more like XB1 in, well, pretty much every regard.
If anything, Tatsu was the most realistic nopon. In Future Connected all the tension and stakes were sucked out by those two annoying Nopon being there. At least Tatsu has sense enough to stay out of your party. You have to use at least one of the Nopon in FC and suffer their annoying battle cries.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Riki = Nene = Kino
2. Bana in XB1
3. Oka
4. Nopon Archsage
5. Chief Dunga
6. Tatsu
1000. Tora

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Played the main story for the first time and finished last week. Really amazes me that 10 years ago they planned to never release it outside of Japan.

Can't wait for XC3.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Nah, they jumped the shark with Tatsu in XBX.
I loved the Nopon in XB1, but XBX and XB2 made me hate them.

Whatever they do with 3, I hope it's more like XB1 in, well, pretty much every regard.
Tatsu wasn't great, but the Nopons as a whole were okay in X. Actually, they were just one of several different "xeno" species in that game. They really started to go downhill with all the "meh-meh-"ing in X2, and then completely nose-dived with the two kids and that whole Ponspector team in FC. You eventually end up surrounded by, like, a dozen Nopon. It got to the point where I couldn't even tell what was happening any longer.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that whole Ponspector team
whoa whoa whoa

Ponspectors were great

maxresdefault.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I only played a little 2. From what I gather, Tora is some type of otaku Nopon?

I will always hate Tatsu for being such a dumbass he
gets the PC killed and they are only saved because of the android plot twist.
Tora as an otaku is the best way to put it. He's horny for Poppi, his own hand-made artificial Blade. Literally everyone dunks on him for it, including Poppi.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I only played a little 2. From what I gather, Tora is some type of otaku Nopon?

I will always hate Tatsu for being such a dumbass he
gets the PC killed and they are only saved because of the android plot twist.
Yep. He's a one-note anime pervert stereotype with no depth to his characterisation.

Honestly, if I was allowed to kill a fictional character, Tora would be pretty high up on the list.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing some people in this thread complain about people rabidly complaining and derailing because of their distaste of some games, when I see them do the same all the time with other games 🥴

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing some people in this thread complain about people rabidly complaining and derailing because of their distaste of some games, when I see them do the same all the time with other games 🥴

Yeah, the hypocrisy is especially strong within the fanbase.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about the Ponspectors somehow, but I loved them. I like how they all had different personalities, yeah they were all one note characteristics but I still thought it was fun.

Also, I want to see more of the races in X brought back in other Xeno games. Give me mooooooooore. I loved doing the quests that adds a new race to NLA and seeing them coexist with the others was always a bunch of fun. Unless you were a Manon and wanted pizza. That shit was dark.

Also, in X2 please give us more alien party members, thank you. Especially Ga Jiarg.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that legitimately enjoyed both XC2 and sword/shield - yep, you're dead on.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I wish people would stop putting Sword&Shield and XC2 on the same level. They're like, worlds apart.

(Literally "worlds apart" since Sword&Shield's "world" barely constitutes as one).

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
By the way, people who come here saying stuff like that are not so subtly trying to defend Sword&Shield and GF to that extent in a thread that doesn't have anything to do with that.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I'm hoping the sales of DE makes a port of X likely, I feel the work involved to port X would be less than it was to port DE which was done with a very small team. It would be a good port at the end of the switch life whilst monolith's main team can work on XC4 for switch 2.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
My kingdom for a Xenoblade thread that doesn't fall into constant shitting.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I try not to shit on XB2 much, in part because I don't think we would've gotten XBDE without it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Anyone who hated Nene and Kino is weird and lame.

They were fucking adorable and wholesome. Quiet Moments were some of the best parts of the game and wholesome stories about how Riki is actually the best Dadapon ever were a big part of that

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1.32 for 33 days. 1.32 - 33 = 0.99, then it's selling almost one million per day. It will probably outsell BOTW by the end of the next month.

Oct 8, 2019
I don't really like how Tales games play at all.

Tried to play Tales of Vesperia, and after playing FF VII Remake, and Trials of Mana, it really became clear how badly the Tales combat system has aged. Xenoblade Chronicles has aged a lot better because your able to move, its easy to preform arts , and its still a blast to play unles ToV.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Wii version that I haven't played despite owning a Wii U.

Bought Xenoblade DE digitally after getting mesmerized by Three Houses. Imo both JRPG are stellar and well worthy of their sales.

I'll go as far to say they're are pretty essential this gen, within the ranks of Persona 5 / Ys VIII etc.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
How does this game run in handheld mode? I know the 2nd game is rather bad in that regard.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I mentioned XCX because people were directly talking about it here.

People who take the job of searching my posts should get the full context (and back to ignore).

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
How does this game run in handheld mode? I know the 2nd game is rather bad in that regard.
Way better than the first, it's decent.
It's not Astral Chain level of clarity and performance, but it's not bad at all. I played for more than 100 hours this way and it was never a problem, though I did the same with XC2 (but that was undoubtedly bad)

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
No need to search for anything when you have been shitting on X throughout the thread lol
Okay, that's a blatant lie. I just posted a few times in this thread and I only mentioned XCX because other people were comparing it to XC and XC2.

But enough of you.

XCDE runs way better than XC2 in handheld mode, both in terms of framerate and resolution.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
XCDE doesn't even run better than XC2 in handheld mode, it gets blurrier more often and especially in FC it drops frames like crazy.
The slightly less aggressive sharpening is barely noticeable.