• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
the game shat the bed when you´ve acquired the skell...exploration was boring af from one moment to another and this awful song that starts everytime you fly....

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The world design is interesting, but other than that I found it very difficult to enjoy. I couldn't get into the combat system and the story felt horribly uninteresting, and what was left felt more like cumbersome work than anything I could have fun with.

That said, I know it's a game many people really love. I think it would do well on the Switch and can't see why they shouldn't port it.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Tatsu is pretty bad. Lin is also kind of awful, even just on the basis of her potatsu jokes.
The fact that every single beginning of the chapter started with those jokes...

the game shat the bed when you´ve acquired the skell...exploration was boring af from one moment to another and this awful song that starts everytime you fly....
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE IT'S ALL RIGHT

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Main story and campaign: whatever.

The world-building sidequests surrounding the various alien races that joined New LA and their relationship to humans: fucking amazing.

Please remaster this game.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on what you value in a game.

I prefer sci-fi settings to fantasy, love mechs, and dig the OST so X is my favorite Xenoblade.

I've noticed overall that most people prefer fantasy settings
(Yes both 1/2 are revealed to be more sci-fi but that is at the end)
, in JRPGs and also prefer more structure. I loved that XCX let me choose whch story threads I dug into. Really enjoyed a lot of the side missions and getting to know NLA residents in ways I didn't for Colony 6 or Torna.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE IT'S ALL RIGHT

giphy.gif

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Xenoblade X is a great game, and I really hope we get a Switch port and a sequel so more people can enjoy it. A few QoL additions, like a party organization terminal in the barracks, would help make it better as well.

It is a game with a great world and an incredible story, particularly when you realize that all the city NPC dialogue and side-quests build on each other to form the real story of the game. If you just rush through the main story you are basically going to miss out on everything that makes the game good, and seeing the characters and city change due to your actions is really cool.

tchiem

Jun 3, 2018
It gave me so many memorable moments, like flying in a Skell for the first time and having the track kick in. Definitely one of my favorite open worlds where exploring on foot, in a Skell and flying around all felt different thanks to how well it scales.

While XC2 is better game mechanically, it didn't stick around with me as long as XCX has.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Far and away the best game in the series. Wish monolith was porting this instead of doing XenoblaDE, I don't need to slog through the first and worst xenoblade again

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's really good but if they decide to port it to the Switch it could use some tweaking.

It has some really annoying mechanics. On the top of my list: remove affinity requirements for quests and let me recruit party members from one central location.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
It's really neat but playing it on Wii u feels terrible. The text is borderline unreadable on a TV or gamepad screen.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Had slightly better reception than Xenoblade 2. For average sales I would blame the Wii U. But that can be said for every Nintendo game that isnt Mario or Zelda.

The fanbase was expecting another linear story heavy game but got an open-world game instead. Many did the bare minimum to reach the end credits and complained there wasnt enough character development. It is there, you just have to look for it.

If Monolith's next new game is another Xenoblade, it should be X2. XCX felt very much like a Episode I of something bigger.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite Xenoblade. I'd rather have a remaster / port of this to the Switch than the first one.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like it quite a bit even if I think the combat system of xc2 is the perfected version of the 3 titles in the main series.

Even if the main plot is kind of a lot of meh, the side plots are awesome.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
X has amazing exploration and a lot of deep, interesting mechanics, intriguing world, and good sidequests.

HOWEVER.

The story, characters, and the music you are most frequently assaulted by are very lackluster or in some cases, outright terrible.

It's very enjoyable to play moment to moment, but I basically ignored and forgot about the story for the majority of it. And in a JRPG, that's a big bummer.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like it would be fair for me to form an opinion, I never finished the tutorial, I only got about 30 hours in.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like for a remaster or remake to weave in all the side stories as mandatory. Too many skipped them then complained the game's story was bare

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Matters, what is your opinion of this song?

www.youtube.com

[Music] Xenoblade Chronicles X - NLA: Day

The day theme for New Los Angeles.Proper rights to music mentioned at end of video.

Song selection drove me fucking bonkers in this game.

Hot take? I think it totally works for the environment it is. Also I tend to turn the game volume down while I grind (of which there's a lot in XBX)

I'd like for a remaster or remake to weave in all the side stories as mandatory. Too many skipped them then complained the game's story was bare

Forreal. Literally all the side quests were way more interesting than the main plot (even character quests).

I was so sad no alien joins you though. :(

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Good for sure, at times amazing. But there were many shit decisions in term of qol and story, and the last boss was unbeatable for some reason. Exploration though... wow.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
the world and traversal is unmatched
and the music will getcha

ONNEEE BY OOOOAAAAOOOAANNNNNEEE
one by one...

OOOOoooOOOOoOOAOAAAAAHHHHHHA OOOOAAAAAAAaaaAAAAHHHHOOOOOAAAAHHOOOHHHHH!

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Recently started, about 20 hours in. Its OK, I enjoyed xenoblade 1 and 2 more, but those both took some time to get going also so I'll keep at it. The world seems neat so far

The music is horrible

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
It does a lot of great, just with a bunch of issues alongside. The side story stuff was particularly great with developing New LA and introducing the different species into the city.

That being said I desperately want a sequel that fixes those issues, naaamely about all the serious quests basically requiring Elma & Lin, and no other characters really contributing anything outside of their specific Affinity quests. Throw in deeper multiplayer features like the original announcement trailer hinted at and uh don't cliffhanger me like that again without foreseeable future content given. It's a very different game than the mainseries as more of a custom sandbox to explore blindly.

>_> Oh yeah and fuck Bozé, thank god Western release got the DLC for free cause boy it would suck to pay for him just and realizing he's a racist ass, bizarre with how much the game tackles racism and then you got this guy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hell yeah it's good.

It's got one of the best open worlds ever, and exploring it is super incentivized since the game has a ton of side quests that are absolutely worth doing. At first the games many systems may seem a little overwhelming, but it's a phenomenal experience overall.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
I loved XBX. I know people didn't like the silent protagonist but I really appreciated that there was this really clear divide between the main story and the side quests - the main plot was really just Elma and Lin's story and you were along for the ride, like a sidekick; but on your off time, between missions, taking on all the side quests was your own prerogative. When you look at the way NLA gets built up and improved, the relationships that form, the alien alliances that come about - man, that's all you, THAT'S the part that's your story. I thought that was really special and let you see the impact that you, your character, and your decisions had on the world, that by your own choice you could improve this lonely world you all crashed into.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes to everything.

But I doubt they're making a sequel at this point. They're most likely working on the "third option" instead. Maybe we'll get a definitive edition down the line...perhaps 2025 for the 10 year anniversary?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it aesthetically (even the NLA song is a jam) but there was one major part of the gameplay I hated - the grinding.

I'm not sure if I was missing something or what, but swapping out party members at all felt like a reaaal bad idea, and at some point resource collection slowed to a crawl.

If they toned down the MMO elements of gathering stuff and had an EXP pool that spread amongst all party members, regardless of whether they're in your party, it'd be awesome.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was it great? Do we need a port, and do we need a sequel?

It's not great, it's fucking awesome.

Yes we need a port right goddamn now.

YES WE DEFINITELY NEED A FUCKING SEQUEL DAMN IT.

The game is amazing, it's not without flaws as all Xenoblade games have them, but it's still fantastic. It has the best exploration of the three games and probably the best open world of all time so far. I've said this before but each Xenoblade excels in a different area: 1 in story and characters, X with world and exploration, and 2 with combat.

Also, I'm still bitter Elma isn't playable in Smash. In the sequel though they need to ditch the avatar character and just focus on the cast they already have.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

The soundtrack is worth it for this track alone.

We need a remaster yesterday.

Feb 16, 2018
Yes! Gameplay and world design wise it's Monolith Soft's best game. The main story was weak but the lore and world building were great. Mira is probably the best game world I've seen it's just so interesting and expansive. I need a port and follow up so bad.

Einer

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed it overall. That said, Skells diminished my enjoyment of combat and exploration of the world. Also really wish you could disable the flight music without modding your Wii U.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It's an amazing game.

Amazing world to explore, great story, great characters, great music, great sidequests. It just needs a sequel. (and a Switch port)

"This story never truly ends....."

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I do hope it makes its way over to switch in some form so I can play it but the tracks with the lyrics being posted here.. that might be rough.