• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 48 3.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 383 28.1%
  • 85-89

Votes: 637 46.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 209 15.3%
  • 75-79

Votes: 35 2.6%
  • under 75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
It's been years since I played this and I have awful memory... is the dialogue as bad as the reviewers say? It's really funny how this is brought up by so many reviews ^_^

Honestly, the British cast and overall voice direction are arguably one of the best highlights of this game. Yeah, it can be an acquired taste for some, but most people love it. Reyn's a meme machine and Shulk is one of the most three-dimensional protagonists in a JRPG, and that's partly thanks to Adam Howden's exceptional vocal performance.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
There are plenty of 60fps RPGs. And 60fps menus particularly. Which they should be because you want fast response times from your menus.
Afaik, the vast majority of console RPGs are 30fps. This gen at least.
Not sure if I can think of any RPG where I needed "fast response times from your menus".

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Honestly, the British cast and overall voice direction are arguably one of the best highlights of this game. Yeah, it can be an acquired taste for some, but most people love it. Reyn's a meme machine and Shulk is one of the most three-dimensional protagonists in a JRPG, and that's partly thanks to Adam Howden's exceptional vocal performance.

Oh, I love the voices. Xord's VA in particular is freaking fantastic.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
You always need fast response time from menus. You're in them for possibly hundreds of hours. It's every bit as important as high frame rate in an action game. The difference between say, FF7 PC and FF7 on console is entirely that the menu on console is 60fps and it feels 1000x better. I realize my background has more speedrunning to it but it's blatantly better in every situation and should always be that way, especially as a 60fps menu is a lot easier to do than 60fps anything else. Menuing in an RPG is incredibly important.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Lol IGN made their video private
Didn't like their review. It's like they were showering the game with praise only to nitpick certain areas of the game were I honestly see the vast majority not having a problem with it.

Its just their opinion but still questionable and especially since it is a JRPG. They barely even mentioned Future Connected.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So was it objectively bad or was it bad because it wasnt given the grade you wanted? :P

I didnt have the time to see or read it :S

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
This is embarrassing. IGN's review is embarrassing too.
Persona 5 Royal got +2 compared to the original when this one gets -3 with even more new content and improved graphics.
How can anyone trust "professionnal" reviews ?

So we're already in a "reviewers don't agree with me so they're wrong and an embarrassment" already? I love how scores are worthy of consideration only when they give your favorite game a 90+ score or something (89 is great for what this remaster offers, really).

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to lie--I miss the original faces. Jankiness like that has a charm and personality that polish often doesn't.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Got multiple very main characters names flat out wrong for one thing. Just all around unprofessional review.

Not every reviewer reads their own reviews on video due to not having the voice for it, it's nothing new or worthy of calling it unprofessional. Also reading ficcional names wrong is really not that big of a deal, the rest of the review seems spot on from impressions people are getting from the leaked game.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
So we're already in a "reviewers don't agree with me so they're wrong and an embarrassment" already? I love how scores are worthy of consideration only when they give your favorite game a 90+ score or something (89 is great for what this remaster offers, really).

Yeah, but that review gave everybody flashbacks to this.

This is embarrassing especially considering this is a remaster/remake.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Not every reviewer reads their own reviews on video due to not having the voice for it, it's nothing new or worthy of calling it unprofessional. Also reading ficcional names wrong is really not that big of a deal, the rest of the review seems spot on from impressions people are getting from the leaked game.

Yeah well I guess IGN disagrees with you then, they don't take down their own reviews everyday.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hope this game sells like crazy. We need XCX Definitive Edition, and for the series as a whole to continue in this direction, as opposed to the misstep that was XB2.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
Not to mention they said Melia is the weakest character in the game.
I mean, opinions and everything. But that was a very bad review. The score wasn't consistent with the overall tone of the review. I don't care that they gave it an 8, just make the score make sense in the context of what you say about the game.

Also, mispronouncing character's names and races, after 10 plus years, is not a good look.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
*searches Xenoblade IGN on Twitter*

It definitely wasn't a thousand post thread on Era that was making the most noise lol.

Meant that people were giving IGN a hard time and most likely on the comments shitposted them. I wouldn't be surprised if IGN editors are lurking this thread and seeing how we react to there reviews and rip it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I've only played the OG for about 9 hours but it did take me a while to wrap my head around Dunbans name

Kept remembering it as Dustbin, it's not really excusing the IGN reviewer though lmao

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the resolution rage basically did nothing for the reviews. Just goes to show that outside of Enthusiasts no one really cares.

I will play this, and have it preordered, but I need to finish Torna first. I would like to see this running on the Yuzu emulator in HD though with texture mods, maybe in a year or two once the emulator is perfected.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, opinions and everything. But that was a very bad review. The score wasn't consistent with the overall tone of the review. I don't care that they gave it an 8, just make the score make sense in the context of what you say about the game.

Also, mispronouncing character's names and races, after 10 plus years, is not a good look.

I watched the new version they put up. I dunno, I think the content of the review is very fair. They had some very real and fair complaints but they like the overal game presented and feel it still holds up. Sounded like an 8 to me.

People are acting like Xenoblade isn't 8+ years old. There is game design in it that is outdated or been done better by other games. And they feel like they could have gone further in addressing some of the games other flaws. Seems fair. It wasnt so glowing that a 9 would be what I was thinking.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Hope this game sells like crazy. We need XCX Definitive Edition, and for the series as a whole to continue in this direction, as opposed to the misstep that was XB2.
X is like the majoras mask of the Xenoblade Chronicles series. A spin-off.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will come first I think or something completely different and tied to the original Chronicles series.

Future connected isn't a thing for nothing.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Seems about what I expected, I wonder what happened with the IGN review that was made private, I don't think it was just people making a fuzz on internet.

I was getting worried a Xenoblade thread on Era didn't have one post like this.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
I watched the new version they put up. I dunno, I think the content of the review is very fair. They had some very real and fair complaints but they like the overal game presented and feel it still holds up. Sounded like an 8 to me.

People are acting like Xenoblade isn't 8+ years old. There is game design in it that is outdated or been done better by other games. And they feel like they could have gone further in addressing some of the games other flaws. Seems fair. It wasnt so glowing that a 9 would be what I was thinking.
At the end of the day reviews don't color my opinion of a game one way or another. I still feel that the tone of the review was overly effusive. Oh well, gotta finish my playthrough of FFIX before Friday.