• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Takahashi's interviews are always informative with things about the development no one would know or some curious details for something outside the project. They're exciting because you never know what he might say about something

Nov 1, 2017
Tokyo
I love Takahashi interviews. Besides loving Xeno games, I think he's a very interesting person. I remember that interview with Hashino:

That's precisely how I feel about most of the things I do, so it was fascinating to me to know he feels the same way. Actually, it looks like we do have a lot in common (aside from the fact that he's a freaking genius), so that probably explains why I love his games so much. I just love everything about his games, down to the things that most people complain about.

xenogearsxenosagastudyguide.blogspot.com

denfaminicogamer interview with Takahashi (2018)

Tetsuya Takahashi and "Persona's" Katsura Hashino: What Does it Mean to Create? Creators of World Renowned JRPGs Discuss Their Philosophies ...

He and Yoko Taro should make a game together :P The mindblown would be huge.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I dunno man... that looks pretty "anime" as the kids say.

ERA be like

B712B4A618493E7D626446EB817B76AB6FA73280

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Takahashi's interviews are always informative with things about the development no one would know or some curious details for something outside the project. They're exciting because you never know what he might say about something
It's a shame that Nintendo stopped completely with the Iwata Asks and never got someone else who'd be willing to pick it up. I'd kill for a Asks regarding Xenoblade, or even Takahashi in general.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Outfits looking good for the entire cast. Love it. Also, super excited for this Takahashi interview.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
It's a shame that Nintendo stopped completely with the Iwata Asks and never got someone else who'd be willing to pick it up. I'd kill for a Asks regarding Xenoblade, or even Takahashi in general.
This, it's something that interests such a small niche of fans there is little hope for us to be heard, but they were so insightful, I really wanted to hear someone from NIntendo talking about the games released in the past few years.

Nov 1, 2017
Tokyo
This, it's something that interests such a small niche of fans there is little hope for us to be heard, but they were so insightful, I really wanted to hear someone from NIntendo talking about the games released in the past few years.

There'll be a lengthy interview in Famitsu next month so I'm sure someone will translate it and if not, I'll do it :)

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Hope so. As has been said, he's typically a interesting Interview. He's kind of part of the Nintendo family, but not really at the same time. He feels like a unique voice. He's usually very honest too.

He's brutally honest, perhaps a bit too much. There was one interview where he said he hates Monolith Soft. Lol

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably not a coincidence that everyone is in beach outfit but Sharla isn't. For the best though.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
He's brutally honest, perhaps a bit too much. There was one interview where he said he hates Monolith Soft. Lol

Yeah, we usually get something good that gets people talking. lol

Given the timing of the interview you'd imagine we'll get something on how DE came about and what they're hoping to achieve with it.

The studio doesn't get loads of exposure, so I'm always interested to hear more about what goes on behind closed doors.

Probably not a coincidence that everyone is in beach outfit but Sharla isn't. For the best though.

I think given some of the armour in the game, there's going to be enough for people to moan about.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I really hope the interview with Takahashi gives us further insight into Monolith Soft's upcoming project beyond Xenoblade Chronicles.

OP
OP
TheGreatLugia

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Some Future Connected menu screens were posted last night. Also looks like there's a Japanese voucher ad for Xenoblade DE and Xenoblade 2 (source).

nintendo-catalog-ticket-scan.jpg

Last edited:

PotionBleue

Nov 1, 2017
Is there any information regarding the battle against Lorithia "You will pay for your insolence"?
Since they bothered to patch the English Ardainian Soldier lines in Xenoblade 2, I'm afraid they'll do something for this battle as well.

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, does anyone know if changing the switch's language to JP would get ride of the "CHRONICLES" in the title screen? It looks cleaner and much better without it. I have the Japanese version pre-ordered too but it won't be arriving before I start the game.

I'm gonna start FC first, get Shulk's new sexy costume then replay the whole main game with it. Shulk's default clothes are strangely low quality and blurry.

Nov 1, 2017
Tokyo
Is there any information regarding the battle against Lorithia "You will pay for your insolence"?
Since they bothered to patch the English Ardainian Soldier lines in Xenoblade 2, I'm afraid they'll do something for this battle as well.

I would like to know this as well but the preview embargo only went up to the visit to Prison Island. Seeing how everything is identical so far, it doesn't seem likely they'll change this up.

Oct 26, 2017
In preparation for XCDE, browsing the Monado Secret Files book recent translated and enjoying it so much. Then I got to this part
Screenshot_20200522_141653_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Really soured my mood as I can't believe that Takahashi and co let this happen! Turns out that they like too much anime with things like this in an official book.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, does anyone know if changing the switch's language to JP would get ride of the "CHRONICLES" in the title screen? It looks cleaner and much better without it. I have the Japanese version pre-ordered too but it won't be arriving before I start the game.

I'm gonna start FC first, get Shulk's new sexy costume then replay the whole main game with it. Shulk's default clothes are strangely low quality and blurry.

Language support has Japanese listed in eShop, right? So it should just turn into the JP version, title screen included.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
That's straight up hentai. Who would have thought that the company behind XC2 "this big tiddy is my slave" could pull this shit?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
In preparation for XCDE, browsing the Monado Secret Files book recent translated and enjoying it so much. Then I got to this part

Really soured my mood as I can't believe that Takahashi and co let this happen! Turns out that they like too much anime with things like this in an official book.
Damn. I hope there isn't some dumb beach swimsuit trope in Future Connected.

Oct 25, 2017
That's straight up hentai. Who would have thought that the company behind XC2 "this big tiddy is my slave" could pull this shit?
...I mean it isn't. And it wasn't.

Keep in mind thought, it's all older illustrations and the sentiment is facetious because people claim that the original game was always meant to look western-looking when it was still always like this.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind thought, it's all older illustrations and the sentiment is facetious because people claim that the original game was always meant to look western-looking when it was still always like this.

I can't believe Takahashi has retroactively allowed Xenoblade 2 to infect his past works like that

maxresdefault.jpg

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017

Yes, the "western-looking" shit never made any sense, Monolith have been like this since forever.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Now that my eyes have been opened on the horniness of XB1 and the older games, I am retroactively okay with it in XB2! Finally this self-imposed dark cloud has dissipated. Thank you, good people.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Monolith Soft has always been horny.

I don't remember Gears as well, but from Saga onwards it's not too hard to find swimsuits, bare skin from top to bottom, breast lasers, boob sliders and scantily clad armour sets.

On another note. Just one week left. We're in the endgame now people.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Looking forward to Xenoblade. Though I wish it were here today - I'm feeling really lazy and gonna give myself a break. Deadly Premonition until Xeno gets here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember Gears as well, but from Saga onwards it's not too hard to find swimsuits, bare skin from top to bottom, breast lasers, boob sliders and scantily clad armour sets.
Playing through Gears right now for the first time and I haven't encountered anything of the sort as of yet. Though I think I still have a long way to go in it, I just finished dealing with the boss in the Kislev sewers.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned but has anybody said anything about remapping buttons in this?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus Christ. Really says a lot when creators gleefully treat their own characters this way.