• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I have no doubt that some people who started with XC2 will go on to love XC - some will love it even more.

And that's awesome. We all want the series to grow and succeed.

I'm very excited for the previews today and suspect we'll get a lot of new details.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people played 2, but haven't played 1 so they'll be making comparisons between Xeno 2 and XenoblaDE, which is fine.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played some of this on 3DS. I liked the story but thought the combat sucked ass.

I got stuck on a fight against some robot with like 8 legs and the combat was so boring and dull I never managed to beat it.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
I hope people can understand that they can illustrate their disappointment in a game without outright shitting on it in a toxic way, which always derails the discussion. It's just common sense.

Super hyped for the previews!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The people who say they like X more than 1 and 2 got it the worst. I think is the most misunderstood because of the story.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno, I like Xenoblade Chronicles better than X and 2 and I've never had that opinion blow up my notifications.

Maybe I just got lucky.
You just didn't go into details.
When you begin to explain exactly why this or this... you can get someone to tell you it's wrong.

In the end it doesn't matter that much AND it's actually not about Xb1 vs 2 especially either.
Bound to happen on the internet anyway.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are we getting 2 threads when this launched? One for the OG game and one for the Future Connected? Considering you can play either asap

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Xenoblade threads are still terrible places to be in I see... ☹️

...and yet I still popped in because:
You guys are making me so excited for Xenoblade.

i have over 500 hours in XC2 and I've never touched the first one.
This is me too.
100% completion on XC2 in 475 hours.
100% completion on Torna.
Never played XC1.

Hype is building massively! Trying to wrap up Three Houses in time but it's becoming hard to focus on lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are we getting 2 threads when this launched? One for the OG game and one for the Future Connected? Considering you can play either asap
I'm glad you brought this up because I was going to ask this too. Since this game has new piece of story new for everyone shouldn't Future Connected have its own thread?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm glad you brought this up because I was going to ask this too. Since this game has new piece of story new for everyone shouldn't Future Connected have its own thread?
I think we already decided that we would have two separate threads, one for Base game XCDE and one for FC.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Xenoblade threads are still terrible places to be in I see... ☹

...and yet I still popped in because:

This is me too.
100% completion on XC2 in 475 hours.
100% completion on Torna.
Never played XC1.

Hype is building massively! Trying to wrap up Three Houses in time but it's becoming hard to focus on lol
It's not that bad at all really.
Especially if you like 2.

But I'm inclined to say that it's much less safe to assume that people who liked 2 would like 1 (or X, even less).

So I'm interested to see what people who only played 2 think about 1. Please come back to give your feedback.

What is kind of consistent I'd say would be the musics nd large areas. On these 2, you shouldn't be disappointed.
The rest can vary immensely, even part of the exploration actually (which is tied to the "large areas"). The games are very different.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Except when they dare say the liked 1 or X better for any reasons, despite arguing in good faith.
They're wrong so they should shut up.

It's too easy to throw the "problem" on other people like that. I personaly didn't see a problem beside the fact that some of us were not allowed to prefer specific features or systems.

Anyone who didn't play the first but know the second is going to compare/ask for comparisons.
Obviously they're getting everything and its contrary, because... that's tastes and opinions.

So how could people liked 1 more be THE problem in a topic about this same game ?
I might have missed very hateful posts I don't know but some takes about 1 are absolutely ridiculous as much as some others can be about 2 or X. Also, even some heavily biased towards 1 are still... ok. I didn't see heavy disrespect more direct opinion/experience without a "imo" at every sentence.

Let's not fuel whatever fire you see with that kind of argument. There are not enough people participating in those threads, that's all. There is a need of fresh opinions.

Back on topic I'm curious why the "spoiler thread" screenshots can't be here too, at least some.
There's only one screen that could stay there, the rest is fine.

How far did you go ?

Been so long. Last thing I remember, and it's going to be vague, is some futuristic kingdom with a huge area around it. Lol no clue if that zeroes it in.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Been so long. Last thing I remember, and it's going to be vague, is some futuristic kingdom with a huge area around it. Lol no clue if that zeroes it in.

This area? :)

b3f9a993f01bf56683dda41a2d1bbd0f.gif

Idk what you're talking about lol. A futuristic kingdom in Xenoblade 1?

Sounds to me like Eryth Sea/Alcamoth.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
But I'm inclined to say that it's much less safe to assume that people who liked 2 would like 1 (or X, even less).

From what I have seen, basically everyone who likes XC2 also likes XC1, exceptions are kind of rare. It is the other way around that does not work.
So it's pretty safe to say that people who played XC2 and liked it will absolutely like XC1, I don't expect those people to come back disappointed. Even more so with all the changes they have made with the Definitive Edition.

Luckily we have the Fashion Slots now, I really don't like those armors...
Sharla is basically naked. Was it the same in the original?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of people prefer 1 or X to 2, nobody cares. It's when people can't talk about why those games are good without trying to shit on XC2 that people get their backs up.

Charbox

May 21, 2018
From what I have seen, basically everyone who likes XC2 also likes XC1, exceptions are kind of rare. It is the other way around that does not work.
So it's pretty safe to say that people who played XC2 and liked it will absolutely like XC1, I don't expect those people to come back disappointed. Even more so with all the changes they have made with the Definitive Edition.
Yeah I can vouch for that as I was someone who played 2 first and loved it and then 1 and loved that too. In contrast my sister played 1 first liked it and is now at the tail end of 2 but still prefers 1.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
This thread sadly reminds FE 3ds era. After the break out success from Awakening, the community became split then it got really worse with Fates. The moment you mention FE, it was a mess. At the very least, Three Houses united the community (not perfect) which is a miracle.

I'm hoping Xenoblade follows the same suit.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
It's not that bad at all really.
Especially if you like 2.

So I'm interested to see what people who only played 2 think about 1. Please come back to give your feedback.

What is kind of consistent I'd say would be the musics nd large areas. On these 2, you shouldn't be disappointed.
The rest can vary immensely, even part of the exploration actually (which is tied to the "large areas"). The games are very different.
Perhaps what I loved most about 2 was it's style. The lively, exuberant cast, the variety of Blades, the self-indulgent cutscenes, the flashy Arts and Chain Attacks, the art style, the tongue-in-cheek ridiculousness of everything from Zeke to Giga Rosa.
It was just such a fun, joyous (well... mostly) experience to me, featuring a cast I became truly invested in.
Now XC1 seems to be a far more grounded and restrained experience from what I can tell. I'd imagine this is why many prefer it but I fear it may be the opposite for me. Everything from the battle system even down to the character designs just seems a little 'less.'
Now in practice this may work extremely well, especially if it suits the narrative, but I'm certainly not going in expecting another XC2 or anything quite like it, so I think I have my expectations in check.

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Man the previews might just push me to preorder it now digitally rather than hope that my gamestores will deliver the game on the 29th.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Man, this is my first physical pre order of 2020. I wonder if I will get it on time...I ordered from Simply Games (UK).

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
You just didn't go into details.
When you begin to explain exactly why this or this... you can get someone to tell you it's wrong.

In the end it doesn't matter that much AND it's actually not about Xb1 vs 2 especially either.
Bound to happen on the internet anyway.
I still get flashbacks to the times when someone would post that same screenshot of Lin's face in every pre-release Chronicles X thread.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not taking no risks with physical. God knows in today's climate when it might reach. Digital all the way!

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I still get flashbacks to the times when someone would post that same screenshot of Lin's face in every pre-release Chronicles X thread.

I will never forget that one thread on a french videogames forum that was called "first complete face transplant surgery failed"

You would read the thread, actually believing all of it was real. Then, at the end of the thread, was a link to an image of the failed surgery.... It was Lin's face.

I died that day.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can vouch for that as I was someone who played 2 first and loved it and then 1 and loved that too. In contrast my sister played 1 first liked it and is now at the tail end of 2 but still prefers 1.
The ending of 2 might sway her, it's one of the strongest endings to any game I've ever experienced. And then there's Torna to seal the deal

Charbox

May 21, 2018
The ending of 2 might sway her, it's one of the strongest endings to any game I've ever experienced. And then there's Torna to seal the deal
That's if she gets there, she is finding it to be a bit of a slog but I've tried to help her keep motivated to finish it!

Love Torna and have made sure she gets onto it once she finishes 2 although she will drop everything once XBDE comes out 😂

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
As someone who played the last 3 games, I'd rank them like this: XB, XBX, XB2.
My main gripe with XB2 is the story and its characters. And the exploration aspect felt better in XBX without being roadblocked by field skills.
XB has the affinity chart which is still awesome and gives you a reason to care about the very badly designed quests (MMOish).
edit: haven't played Torna DLC yet

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it. I enjoyed 2 very much, and I was crying during the ending, until that after credit scene where they gave the boy two large breasted women and a third flat one in the title screen. As a woman that was disgusting to me. I understand the intended audience are probably young boys for this one, but that was just cheap. Had they killed the two girls, XB2 would've probably been one of my favorite of all times and very close to XB1

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I will never forget that one thread on a french videogames forum that was called "first complete face transplant surgery failed"

You would read the thread, actually believing all of it was real. Then, at the end of the thread, was a link to an image of the failed surgery.... It was Lin's face.

I died that day.
God damn. No mercy.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it. I enjoyed 2 very much, and I was crying during the ending, until that after credit scene where they gave the boy two large breasted women and a third flat one in the title screen. As a woman that was disgusting to me. I understand the intended audience are probably young boys for this one, but that was just cheap. Had they killed the two girls, XB2 would've probably been one of my favorite of all times and very close to XB1
They only focus on one of them for a reason. Nia is in absolutely zero ways with Rex and Rex only likes one of two (which the game lets you interpret your own way even if it's obviously Pyra, the mere fact they make you choose is proof that he doesn't love both romantically). Besides that, bringing them back to life separated was much deserved especially for Pyra which had to live her life carrying all the burden for Mythra.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
How's the spoiler thread going? Anything interesting posted in there? Don't want to look myself, just want a yes or no really.