• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
TheGreatLugia

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the Challenge Mode portal?

EXySdw7VcAAL3ej

Xenoblade_2_Challenge_Mode_Entrance.png

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Time attack mode !
Seemingly available early ?
I hope it is and adds new battles the more you get farther in the story.
I so want that to work on strategies and parties.

EDIT :OMG it does follow the story, adding new time attack battles with freedom or limited conditions.

ALL
OVER
MY
BODY

Now give me the quest xp manager !

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Which one ?
On the left it's free or limited tabs.
On the right, high score, rewards and rules.

Free is, cleat. Limited as a max level, defined party, stuff like that.
Thinking about it, if Monolith Soft is going to restrict your party and levels for the time attack mode, then this might be the reason why combat's has seemingly been rebalanced.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yes, I put a ton of time into XB2's challenge mode.

This is really turning out to be the whole package, I love it

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Give me Elma and Alviss playable.
That's all I ever wanted in life.
Thinking about it, if Monolith Soft is going to restrict your party and levels for the time attack mode, then this might be the reason why combat's has seemingly been rebalanced.
It might still be only this easy mode we heard about. Resrricting might just be to have you at rhe same level or low enough to not make it too easy by default.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Holy shit the stuff they're adding to this is insane...
The original game was already a 10/10 for me, what score am I supposed to give it now!?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Screens are looking pretty fuzzy. I'm assuming they're from docked mode since they're 1920x1080. Hopefully we'll at least get native resolution in handheld mode.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Screens are looking pretty fuzzy. I'm assuming they're from docked mode since they're 1920x1080. Hopefully we'll at least get native resolution in handheld mode.

Those are indeed most likely from docked mode but there's no chance of them being 1080p if XBC2 was 720p dynamic. Love to see sone portable mode screens.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Wow, I'm wondering what kind of prizes will they give in time attack mode. Since the equip changes the models on screen, they really could do anything, like costumes from all over the series.
I honestly did that in Xeno 2 just for Elma and Shulk/Fiora, but this is going to be interesting
Also, wouldn't be cool if Shulk meet Elma and Rex like it happened in XC2 challenge mode?

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well the answer was quick lol. I assume there's 450 unique items to trade in all per category.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Wow, I'm wondering what kind of prizes will they give in time attack mode. Since the equip changes the models on screen, they really could do anything, like costumes from all over the series.
I honestly did that in Xeno 2 just for Elma and Shulk/Fiora, but this is going to be interesting
Also, wouldn't be cool if Shulk meet Elma and Rex like it happened in XC2 challenge mode?
Oh god, that's the one thing I'm still concerned about with this game.

Let Rex die lonely and forgotten.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Super happy there seems to be a challenge mode included. Rex and Elma have got to be on the cards, surely?

I'd actually be disappointed if they weren't (though I'm not entirely convinced).

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
There are new armor series so might also be new costumes/designs.
The game keeps on giving.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the time attack mode looks pretty similar to Xenoblade 2's challenge battle mode. That's great, I loved that mode!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Prepare to be hurt because there is no way they'll forget their best selling main character.

With the sales of original Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles DE combined Shulk will be the best selling main character. :3

EXySdDeUMAAfgjE

Eugh...why did they Reyn so dirty? D: He should've gotten a sexy beach look too.