• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Said it in another thread, but what to give people a heads up in here too - Future Connected spoilers are beginning to appear online.

Be careful. It's just gameplay stuff at the moment, but it will probably develop as these things tend to do...
Is there a spoiler thread out there for the people who actually want to know these things?

Perhaps. Stand by for a spoiler thread.
Oh. Okay.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I usually pop on each morning and search out any new Xenoblade-related threads... it looks like those innocent times are over...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like that tweet confirms the presence of the cutscene viewer feature. This is great!

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
So apparently the game runs and looks much better in handheld compared to Xenoblade 2. I need more details but I'm scared of Future Connected spoilers.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Here's some comparisons between the original and remastered soundtrack.

The remastered songs sound so good. I cannot WAIT to hear Mechanical Rhythm!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Hmmm, watch your mails, some CEs orders are apparently getting cancelled.
At least by Amazon in France so far:

I read now that the cancellations might have happened because the original price was 75€ instead of 99€ like in other places.
So I suppose all of other Amazon should be fine.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
These ones maybe :).

I know some dynamic resolution seems to be involved like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But the biggest problem with XC2 was that it used a sharpening filter on top of TAA causing some really atrifact-ridden scenes. Subsequent patches toned down the sharpening but the TAA still remains, causing a smeary image.

With Torna, they seemed to have used a less agressive/more customized version of the AA, and with XCDE, ditched that out altogether in favor of using some form of reconstruction algorithm to minimize noise/aliasing while keeping image quality up. It looks "soft but clear" in the same sense the Metro Redux collection looks on Switch.

I wonder if they solved the bokeh problem from Torna though.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I know some dynamic resolution seems to be involved like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But the biggest problem with XC2 was that it used a sharpening filter on top of TAA causing some really atrifact-ridden scenes. Subsequent patches toned down the sharpening but the TAA still remains, causing a smeary image.

With Torna, they seemed to have used a less agressive/more customized version of the AA, and with XCDE, ditched that out altogether in favor of using some form of reconstruction algorithm to minimize noise/aliasing while keeping image quality up. It looks "soft but clear" in the same sense the Metro Redux collection looks on Switch.

I wonder if they solved the bokeh problem from Torna though.

Cool. I'm sure DF will have their take on it like they did with XBC2. But what you said sounds good enough. Looking forward to more media.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
tbh discussion of FC probably needs its own thread sooner rather than later, it's too hard to talk about without entering spoiler territory (both for 1 and for FC).

I guess the overall spoiler thread might work, but only if people label what they're spoilering
It would be cool if there was another high'entia playable character in FC tho
I'm guessing not.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
And he says that while holding someone else's hand
af8739949a732cc8b2bd41fbc85dfed6.gif

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Yeah, super savage - strangely so really. There's nothing as outright cruel in the other games or the rest of XC for that matter.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
my god that scene was the biggest wtf moment for me, it was so random and cruel for no reason

Its moments like those that make Xenoblade so memorable. Its just seems so human and real that yea this type of things happen. I don't think i will like her or Nia in 2 as much without such events*.

Maybe Melia will go on the aggressive in Future Connect.

* I still like them very much regardless.