• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if they are going to expand that particular scene, especially after Xenoblade 2
and Alvis wearing a core now.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
People who don't like XCX's soundtrack can't be trusted, especially if they use Don't Worry as a point

:(

I need a bigger gun

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If only these moments weren't tainted by what I'd call the worst song in JRPG history.

It's certainly up there for worst in a major production. Xenoblade X's soundtrack is sometimes one of the worst ever and sometimes one of the best ever. Shit is so uneven. Can only hope they never let Swano touch shit again.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the flying song personally. Just they should have given us a way to toggle the song off or something

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE IT'S ALRIGHT.

I'd prefer the field themes to stay instead of this shit starting the moment you leave ground, they're the best the game has to offer, soundtrack wise.

This song is great but it should have had some tuning for when it exactly plays, I remember it starting when I was just trying to climb or making big jumps, but I think it's great as a real flying theme.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
My problem with XCX (and I loved the game) is the mechs. Each time you have such a feature in a game, it becomes obvious the late game is balanced towards having them. I also kinda hated getting my Skells broken: insurance was costly.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
My problem with XCX (and I loved the game) is the mechs. Each time you have such a feature in a game, it becomes obvious the late game is balanced towards having them. I also kinda hated getting my Skells broken: insurance was costly.

I agree that once unlocked, the game ask you to have them
but..well, you have them
and yes, insurance was costly, but it was VERY simple to get money in an automatic way (mining)

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This song is great but it should have had some tuning for when it exactly plays, I remember it starting when I was just trying to climb or making big jumps, but I think it's great as a real flying theme.
Musical tastes, you know, I respect that. It's just really not my jam.

And you know XCX got me loving songs that I really fucking despised initially, I hated the battle theme at first but it grew on me while I accumulated gameplay. I'm the kind that don't really likes lyrics in video game songs for starters. Except maybe for opening/ending songs, one of the few exceptions where I enjoyed lyrics overall is Metal Gear Rising. Persona 3/4 took a long ass time for me to just accept the soundtrack, because the games are just that good.

But that flying theme, it never grew on me, nails grinding on a chalk board would be more pleasant to me. It got me to try to stay on the ground as much as I could. :lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love XCX. What an amazing world they created to explore. You can't underestimate how hard it is to design an open world like that

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
tbh after the outliers that were Zelda, Fire Emblem and a freaking Persona 5 Musou games, Xenoblade wouldn't be all that surprising, I'd welcome it with open arms!

I wouldn't even give a shit about the gameplay. I need those character interactions. I need some crazy Dunban vs Malos duel. Lawd. Some XC1 vs XCX vs XC2 mech battles? Give me ALL OF IT.

Nov 17, 2017
People underestimate the power of ground builds. You can wreck some of the strongest super bosses on foot if you want. There are even late game bosses and quests that don't let you use them. I think the combat was most fun when you were going in and out of your mech and using all your arsenal.

Also you don't have to pay for insurance unless you fail the QTE when your skell blows.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
No to everything you said.
Just use overclock gear /overdrive if you feel that weak.
Also, place your ressources in a better way because insurances were nothing for how much Miranium you earn.

Last edited:

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
People underestimate the power of ground builds. You can wreck some of the strongest super bosses on foot if you want. There are even late game bosses and quests that don't let you use them. I think the combat was most fun when you were going in and out of your mech and using all your arsenal.
I second this. Beating the shit out of a Millesaur in the post game just by using an overdrive build with great sword is one of the greatest satisfaction I had from a game.
There were situations where mech were not the answers; sure, you need one with the Telethia, but not when, say, go in the cave to slay the Definian boss.
It's actually well balanced when you dig into it.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even give a shit about the gameplay. I need those character interactions. I need some crazy Dunban vs Malos duel. Lawd. Some XC1 vs XCX vs XC2 mech battles? Give me ALL OF IT.

www.youtube.com

TRAILER | Home | Series Returns | Starts 5th Feb 10pm | Stream the Boxset Immediately After on All 4

Home returns for series 2! A comedy series written by and starring Rufus Jones deftly gets to the essence of home and family through Syrian asylum-seeker Sam...

That's Rufus Jones(Dunban) swinging the plant at David Menkin(Malos)

Nov 17, 2017
I second this. Beating the shit out of a Millesaur in the post game just by using an overdrive build with great sword is one of the greatest satisfaction I had from a game.
There were situations where mech were not the answers; sure, you need one with the Telethia, but not when, say, go in the cave to slay the Definian boss.
It's actually well balanced when you dig into it.
I actually beat the Telethia without a mech. Well, I did need to get into the mech initially to fly up there and aggro it but I didn't actually fight it with my Skell. The battle system has so many different ways to deal with stuff, it's great. I used a cast character for most super bosses because why not?

But yeah, I think the reason Ga Jiarg, for example, is an infamous roadblock boss is because he makes you fight on foot after you've had skells for a bit. He trips you up if you think ground builds don't matter anymore after skells.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for this damn game. My hype is through the roof. So to clench my thirst; is XC2: Torna worth the purchase?

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this damn game. My hype is through the roof. So the clench my thirst; is XC2: Torna worth the purchase?
I love Torna and it's not enormous like the full sized Xenoblade games (probably about 15 hours for an average playthrough), so it would probably be a good way to play some Xenoblade while waiting for Definitive Edition.

Its only big issue is that you're required to do a lot of sidequests to finish the main story. I think a lot of the sidequests have decent character moments so I enjoyed doing them, but I definitely think people should know about the sidequest gating before deciding to pick it up.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Of all songs, they use Don't Worry as their go-to? I'm surprised they don't choose the more anime-y songs like By Your Side

I love that song actually. Definitely fits the slice-of-life sidequest stories in NLA.

I don't think most people have any problem with the music itself. Rather, the implementation and mixing is pretty lacking and undermines the soundtrack - something a potential remaster could easily fix.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I love that song actually. Definitely fits the slice-of-life sidequest stories in NLA.

I don't think most people have any problem with the music itself. Rather, the implementation and mixing is pretty lacking and undermines the soundtrack - something a potential remaster could easily fix.

Speaking only for myself, I can't stand hearing lyrics in video game music. It's okay in very small doses, for like really specific songs that earn their moments, but SO MUCH of the music in XCX has random, complete nonsense lyrics that just go on and on and on and don't mean anything, and the songs play so frequently it just kind of kills the mood for me.

The ambient world exploration music with no lyrics is fine but I can't think of a single track with lyrics I wouldn't happily erase from the game if given the option.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking only for myself, I can't stand hearing lyrics in video game music. It's okay in very small doses, for like really specific songs that earn their moments, but SO MUCH of the music in XCX has random, complete nonsense lyrics that just go on and on and on and don't mean anything, and the songs play so frequently it just kind of kills the mood for me.

The ambient world exploration music with no lyrics is fine but I can't think of a single track with lyrics I wouldn't happily erase from the game if given the option.
Do you like stuff like Shadows of the Lowlands or Our Eternal Land? They still have lyrics but the style is completely different I'd say

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Huh---yeah.
Huh---yeah.
HUH (huh-huh-huh)

(This actually was one of my favorites because of how silly it is lol)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do you like stuff like Shadows of the Lowlands or Our Eternal Land? They still have lyrics but the style is completely different I'd say

I don't remember those ones specifically, but I have a fair bit more tolerance for lyrics done with made up languages like the original Nier's score than I do for songs with lyrics in real languages, if that makes sense. One of the biggest ways to tear me out of enjoying a JRPG is to have repetitive lyrics that are UNINTENTIONALLY nonsense, like Persona battle themes or some of the vocal tracks in XCX.

Huh---yeah.
Huh---yeah.
HUH (huh-huh-huh)

(This actually was one of my favorites because of how silly it is lol)

BITTER DANCE
SOMETHING SOMETHING GONNA PUT YOU IN A TRANCE
SOMETHING SOMETHING OUTTA MY BRAIN
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING INSANE

Some of the lyrics in XCX's music sound like what happens if inexperienced improv comedians try to rap battle while drunk.

Nov 17, 2017

On the flip side, screaming the chorus of Uncontrollable as I finally get the advantage against a tyrant is one of the best feelings I've gotten from the combination of music and gameplay.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember those ones specifically, but I have a fair bit more tolerance for lyrics done with made up languages like the original Nier's score than I do for songs with lyrics in real languages, if that makes sense. One of the biggest ways to tear me out of enjoying a JRPG is to have repetitive lyrics that are UNINTENTIONALLY nonsense, like Persona battle themes or some of the vocal tracks in XCX.

BITTER DANCE
SOMETHING SOMETHING GONNA PUT YOU IN A TRANCE
SOMETHING SOMETHING OUTTA MY BRAIN
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING INSANE

Some of the lyrics in XCX's music sound like what happens if inexperienced improv comedians try to rap battle while drunk.
*Swinging body*
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM-DEE-DUM-DEEEEEE
BEHDEH-BAAAAA-LA-LA-BA-BA-BA-LADEH-BOH
I SAY
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooOOOooOOH

(I CAN'T HEAR YOU) *Put hands on ears*
(I CAN'T SEE YOU) *Put hands on eyes*
(I CAN'T HEAR YOU) *Put hands on ears*
(I CAN'T SEE YOU) *Put hands on eyes*

(All of this wonderful, pearl of a song accompanied by Lars Ulrich's snare drum from
St-Anger.)

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I really hope they ship my copy early. Can't wait :(
This made me think I have to decide which pre-order to keep, Amazon or Gamestop. Amazon says the the tentative delivery date is June 3, but the same was for Trials of Mana (28 april instead of 24), and then they delivered my copy for the day-one. On the other side, for some manga which I ordered on May 1, they haven't been shipped yet. I think I will flip a coin and, whater happens, happens.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I love the vocal themes, but it's because of the vocalists. you can tell this mess wasn't written by a native speaker.

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
so i just saw something on micromania website (french gamestop)

it's a list of all changes and the last point is : - two differents mode (beginner and expert) 🤔

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
so i just saw something on micromania website (french gamestop)

it's a list of all changes and the last point is : - two differents mode (beginner and expert) 🤔

They're going to have difficulty levels??? That would be amazing! I don't remember the original having any difficulty settings, but it's been a bit since I've played it.