• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Nopon are the Moogles

While not the same, this probably started with the Xenogears and FF7 pitch connections and the character ChuChu, who were their own unofficial interpretation of Moogles and could have even been Moogles if Xenogears actually had been a mainline Final Fantasy game instead of a new IP, similar to how Moogles were represented in FF6. ChuChu remind me also quite a bit of Star Wars-Ewoks.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Malos' design is great. He's got the slicked up douche bag hair and everything.

Malos is a bit basic but Jin is 10/10
The other members of Torna are so so

Paltroka's design is great.
Akhos and Mik are boring.

If there's one thing that's good about Xenoblade 2's graphics, its that the artstyle is amazing when Saito isn't shoving in his terrible character designs.

Saito's designs are good. The game just needs a constistent tone. Compare the consistency of the Torna cast with the main game cast.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also probably worth pointing out that Saito didn't give Pyra/Mythra their bowling ball breasts. They are more reasonably sized in his illustrations.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The guest artists were great. I enjoyed the diversity brought. Some of the designs just sucked but I will accept it when we get dope shit like Finch, Zenobia, Perceval and Kassandra

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also probably worth pointing out that Saito didn't give Pyra/Mythra their bowling ball breasts. They are more reasonably sized in his illustrations.

I mean, they're still huge in the artwork, but yeah, the modelers apparently had a field day.

The shittiest elements of Pyra's original design are the booty shorts that somehow show ass cleavage top and bottom at the same time.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He says that there's no requirements for heart-to-hearts but I think it's just speculation, it isn't said anywhere in the video, and the heart-to-heart shown in the video is the first one you encounter and which doesn't need a specific requirement to unlock.
I'd love it if there was no requirement but thank you for pointing this out before people get too excited, we'll have to wait and see if it's confirmed.

I mean, they're still huge in the artwork, but yeah, the modelers apparently had a field day.

The shittiest elements of Pyra's original design are the booty shorts that somehow show ass cleavage top and bottom at the same time.
That's why Mythra is best girl.

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017
He says that there's no requirements for heart-to-hearts but I think it's just speculation, it isn't said anywhere in the video, and the heart-to-heart shown in the video is the first one you encounter and which doesn't need a specific requirement to unlock.

Yeah, I was watching the video myself wondering where was he getting that from. My Japanese is pretty rusty, though, so I wasn't sure.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The guest artists were great. I enjoyed the diversity brought. Some of the designs just sucked but I will accept it when we get dope shit like Finch, Zenobia, Perceval and Kassandra

Zenobia(and Godfrey) were designed by the Minoru Iwamoto who is now in charge of Art Direction and Character Design for Tales of Arise.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Pyra especially. Her breasts are modeled in such a ridiculous way. She'd be so much better if they made her look more like the hoodie outfit

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why Mythra is best girl.
Mythra a shit, but dem legs tho

8bjcdtj30n021.png

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This game reminds me how awful the writing and characters are in XB2. Extremely cringe by today's standards. XB1 at least tries to be serious and I felt a greater connection with the characters.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I dont really get why Mythra get so much flak, when literally looks like Wonder Woman movie version lol. Just with a boob window.
Do we know who designed the Torna blades? i.e Sever, Obrona and co?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Neither game ever tried to be serious lol this is a new take

Xenoblade 2 is goofier but I think the fact that a lot of the goofier stuff in Xenoblade 1 is in Heart to Hearts, and thus isn't dubbed, makes it looks even more lopsided.

Still Riki exists so it's not exactly without goofiness.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game reminds me how awful the writing and characters are in XB2. Extremely cringe by today's standards. XB1 at least tries to be serious and I felt a greater connection with the characters.
XB2 has extremely high highs for characters and writing. It's just bogged down by other elements. I would argue the highs of XB2's writing match those of XB1.

Several moments will last with me a long time.
The moment Pyra reveals she wanted to go to Elysium just to ask her Father to die.
The moment Poppi freaks out about Blades being dangerous and Mythra makes a promise with her.
Almost everything from Morytha onward as you see what became of the old world.
Reaching Elysium and finding the beautiful tree and meadow in your dreams is nothing but an empty, barren wasteland.
Pnuema's sacrifice.
Almost all of Torna: The Golden Country...

Xenoblade Chronicles is far more consistent and has far fewer cringy elements, but when XB2 excels it really soars.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Xeno2 is marred by its consistent unevenness. We just talked about the character designs and they're just the most in-your-face aspect of that.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Several moments will last with me a long time.
Pnuema's sacrifice.

Xenoblade Chronicles is far more consistent and has far fewer cringy elements, but when XB2 excels it really soars.

I mean, to each their own, but was this one that big a deal when they were fine not 5 minutes later? I actually wish the game went all in on that but they went with a super duper happy ending.

3gV1ooT.png

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I'm curious what aspect of Monolith's next big project will get discussed to death. Like X has Sawano's music and 2 has the character designs, so they have got to keep the streak going somehow.