• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 17, 2017
Ah I thought there would be an epilogue or at least post game thing since
Alcamoth is clearly in a different location at the end of the first trailer for the game.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
So the bionis shoulder won't be a new explorable area in the main game, it's only a part of the epilogue, right?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I can't believe how nostalgic and giddy I got with this trailer, and I only played the original XC like... 4 years ago.

This game is really special and I'm hyped to play it again, modern classic is right on the money. The updates look great, and a new epilogue is just so amazing!

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Ah yeah, Dunban is the same. He just has a really strained voice in that one scene so he sounds different from how he usually is.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
34c3c5e44803f64dd1b698d3fc0eb5df.jpg

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they rebalanced it to make Sharla useful.

I vaguely remember there is a chapter regarding something like shulk and friends in his home town one night preparing for the final battle. Something like 7 in pain and melia was going to give Shulk a piece of her mind as he was still in his lab researching. Along the lines, something happened and Shulk had a vision of a way to restore 7's body in some ruins because of melia. Future connected maybe regarding that?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was related to this.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
- does this incorporate those big unused areas?
No one answered this one. It's only one really large unused area, but everything they've shown of the epilogue is clearly in there, yes - with something extra mixed into it. (The area was originally planned to be visited before the midway point of the game; they've reworked some stuff given late game plot elements to give it story significance there, it seems.)

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even played 1, but I thought that too because his voice is kinda distinct lol

No, its just that scene, if you go back to the original on that scene he sound exactly the same like they used the same sound file.
It seems they didnt re-record any line, probably only recorded new lines for the expansion

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I love his new Monado(?) too. I'm a gear head so seeing more techy/modern inspirations but done without paralleling regular modern day media is neat to me.

I guess thats another monado replica, there were a few of them in the game but I dont really remember how they looked. I asume its a new one.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I guess thats another monado replica, there were a few of them in the game but I dont really remember how they looked. I asume its a new one.
If it's an epilogue and the events of the original game happen it may be a "fake" he makes? No idea. He said "good thing I came prepared" so I'm assuming it's Shulk's making this time.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet, but in the UK, you can bet it'll be on Game and the UK Nintendo store at the very least.
Amazon and others will depend on if Game has an exclusive deal or not. If you plan to import, remember that the rest of the EU has more stores.

Fucking hate Game so I fully expect them to get it exclusively.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK! The first half of this year is fucked up! I can't play all this shit! Wtf game devs, can you just relax for a mother fucking second! Jesus christ!

Can't wait. Xenoblade is my favoruite Nintendo game period, bitches!

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
If it's an epilogue and the events of the original game happen it may be a "fake" he makes? No idea. He said "good thing I came prepared" so I'm assuming it's Shulk's making this time.

Yeah, after that big event near the end game

you get a monado replica to replace your monado, and its an ugly one haha, but there were quests for other replicas too. I never got them so idk how they looked. So he probably makes a new one with homs technology, it doenst look like machina tech at all

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Such a great game - still sad I didn't complete it when I was at the finish line.

This reminds me to listen to the excellent OST again!

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah, after that big event near the end game

you get a monado replica to replace your monado, and its an ugly one haha, but there were quests for other replicas too. I never got them so idk how they looked. So he probably makes a new one with homs technology, it doenst look like machina tech at all
I completely forgot about that. Shows how long it's been since I played.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
God it looks amazing. I'm really excited to play this again. Going to need to import a collectors edition though, thanks Nintendo NA...

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
So the bionis shoulder won't be a new explorable area in the main game, it's only a part of the epilogue, right?
Seems that way. As much as I was hoping it would be incorporated back into the main game to bridge Makna Forest and Eryth Sea as originally intended, I suppose rebalancing the levels of *everything* afterwards probably wouldn't have been worth it. Plus, it might've been cut for pacing anyway; the only logical thing you could do there plot wise is develop more of who Melia is, but the game does that plenty in Alcamoth immediately after.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

The path from the mines to prision island is already too long (or they dropped that prision island tease too early)
it doenst really need more padding imo. though I hoped you would have to walk through there (with the gates closed) instead of taking that dumb bubble thing to the sea

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
ec.nintendo.com

Xenoblade Definitive Edition ダウンロード版

任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「Xenoblade Definitive Edition ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。
Switch version has no amiibo support unlike the 3DS version , a sad case for Smash Amiibo Owners like me

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
$59.99. Jesus Christ....
That's actually less than what most people who bought the game in the US in 2013 payed. The $90 I shelled out for a pristine copy that September was *less* than the typical going rate of just a disc IIRC.

I suppose that doesn't diminish the fact that you can buy it digitally on the Wii U eShop for $20 now, but they know their audience. JRPG fans have a lot of overlap with collectors and double dippers.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Can't wait to replay this masterpiece for the... 5th time? It's truly my favourite game of all time. And the new content looks very interesting.