• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so It's not a loop in a literal sense? it's a loop in the sense that you have the soldiers just keep coming back over and over again

Because from what I've seen it seems more like a time loop
Well it's largely conjecture but didn't you say that Eunie at some point finds a corpse of herself at some point in the story? I thought the loops were more another to at life and not a literal time loop

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
Considering there will be support for this game till deep into next year, it might be good to wait and have all the expansion stuff ready and waiting for you when you have the time.
Yeah I feel that way too. Maybe wait until all their DLCs are released for the inevitable Definite Edition.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Well it's largely conjecture but didn't you say that Eunie at some point finds a corpse of herself at some point in the story? I thought the loops were more another to at life and not a literal time loop
I think the Ethel and Cammuravi dying cutscene is playing at the movie theater with Z as a vision of what happened in another loop

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Now that people will stop making jokes about Nia and Melia together, Melia is gonna get left out again. So what is the state of the queens at the end of this? Gone? Has the system been revised?
You know if this world keeps on going and the pod system somehow remains, my crackpot theory of the day is that Melia continues to exist, and the world eventually regresses to the state of Mira in X. And the Endbringer Telethia from X will turn out to be Melia. I am really hoping Melia doesn't get it this bad, but the trajectory isn't looking too good.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Now that people will stop making jokes about Nia and Melia together, Melia is gonna get left out again. So what is the state of the queens at the end of this? Gone? Has the system been revised?
You know if this world keeps on going and the pod system somehow remains, my crackpot theory of the day is that Melia continues to exist, and the world eventually regresses to the state of Mira in X. And the Endbringer Telethia from X will turn out to be Melia. I am really hoping Melia doesn't get it this bad, but the trajectory isn't looking too good.
the worlds are separated in the end, the false queens are dead and the real ones are back on the throne

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like the worlds revert to the point before their convergences happens which seems to be far in the future for both XC1 and XC2's worlds. So whatever was going on before Z came in and fucked everything up is what's probably happening to the worlds post XC3. The question is if there's a chance this is a double twist and the DLC reveals that that the post credits is a future where the worlds are connected again but without Z's influence and the rest of the scene shows N/Noah meeting with M/Mio and we see the Queens together again

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
It seems like the worlds revert to the point before their convergences happens which seems to be far in the future for both XC1 and XC2's worlds. So whatever was going on before Z came in and fucked everything up is what's probably happening to the worlds post XC3. The question is if there's a chance this is a double twist and the DLC reveals that that the post credits is a future where the worlds are connected again but without Z's influence and the rest of the scene shows N/Noah meeting with M/Mio and we see the Queens together again
I think I saw it mentioned that the worlds colliding was inevitable, and Z was created out of fear of that, something along those lines. So I think that the worlds will almost certainly collide again

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
This doesn't explain why a regular earth would pop up with its own Los Angles millennia and more after earth got destroyed in the expitement.

Lol X cope is so funny

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't explain why a regular earth would pop up with its own Los Angles millennia and more after earth got destroyed in the expitement.

Lol X cope is so funny
Mira is surrounded by a strange space time anomaly, and we haven't heard shit about the ancient aliens that looked exactly like humans. We got parallel worlds to boot with matter from Klaus' experiment getting flung into wherever, so there is nothing out of the question. This all can just be funny references for several more games but it'll happen and it will still be Klaus' fault.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Um all three?

Rex? The dude who dressed like a twink scuba diver?

x1OESft_d.webp

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
The main character from 2 had kids with his 3 love interests. I don't think i get how it's so creepy or bad, but that's what people are having problems with
Because framing matters. Having this all happen with all of them at the same time is already fucked, but the body language in the photo has him lording over them like a cult leader celebrating his "virility" while the women sit there smiling demurely and everyone else gets to actually have a personality. The presentation is some deeply misogynistic shit and the photo would have gotten nowhere near the same reaction if it showed Rex being a good father and playing with his kids or something. Oh, it would have gotten a reaction still, for sure, but definitely not the same one or quite so intense.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Rex got a whole new model, if the dlc won't go into it story wise, well they shouldn't let the resources go to waste even if all we get is grown up Rex as a hero.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Because framing matters. Having this all happen with all of them at the same time is already fucked, but the body language in the photo has him lording over them like a cult leader celebrating his virility while the women sit there smiling demurely and everyone else gets to actually have a personality. The presentation is some deeply misogynistic shit and the photo would have gotten nowhere near the same reaction if it showed Rex being a good father and playing with his kids or something. Oh, it would have gotten a reaction still, for sure, but definitely not the same one or quite so intense.
Yeah I'm gonna keep it real with you i don't see any cult shit or him lording over anyone. In fact, Pyra Mythra and Nia are all more proactive than him romantically and are all also stronger than him. The framing doesn't look like anything more than "oh look these characters from the last game had a family how nice" to me.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I mean it's not illegal but having kids with three different woman and all three of them are OK with that is weird as fuck.

My boy Rex out here being Hershel Walker.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The presentation is some deeply misogynistic shit and the photo would have gotten nowhere near the same reaction if it showed Rex being a good father and playing with his kids or something. Oh, it would have gotten a reaction still, for sure, but definitely not the same one or quite so intense.
Going by the posts so far people would not give him any charitable read in any circumstance, because harems and anime are bad and also the same thing according to some folks.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're reading too much X into this. This technology has been a major part of almost every Xeno game since Xenogears. X was trying to be different by making them robots instead of biotech. The biotech existed in X but it was extremely limited to be used as a final process after settling a planet and was treated as a major moral dilemma for the people of Earth.

Xenogears: Kadomony is a computer that can create organic life. The Zohar creates Elly using Kadomony and most of the planet is populated by people desended from people created by Kadomony after most humans perished in the crash.
Xenosaga: Realians are artificial humans created with a similar technology.
Xenoblade X: The Lifehold was a computer housing DNA material to recreate the bodies of everyone stored in its memory banks.
Xenoblade 2: Blades are artifificial lifeforms created with a similar technology.
Xenoblade 3: Everyone are basically Blades.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rex could literally be holding all the kids looking like a sheepish buffoon while the girls are around him laughing and smiling and people will still hate the photo for what it represents.

Like argue on how the framing doesn't help but anyone who's being harsh on the photo and XC2 for it existing were always going to be uncharitable for it. People don't like they went all the way with giving the characters a haram ending not that it looks like Rex is commanding over the girls

convo

Oct 25, 2017
In fact, Pyra Mythra and Nia are all more proactive than him romantically and are all also stronger than him.
Thank you, a fact easily missed by anyone who doesn't care about having a discussion but broadly proclaiming their stance as the only truth.
I am going to assume what you are saying is that all anime and/or jrpgs are slime which sounds like a stereotypcial Nintendo fan. Blanket statements aren't discussions.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm gonna keep it real with you i don't see any cult shit or him lording over anyone. In fact, Pyra Mytra and Nia are all more proactive than him romantically and are all also stronger than him. The framing doesn't look like anything more than "oh look these characters from the last game had a family how nice" to me.
The body language in that photo is deliberately chosen to have the man have zero interaction with the actual children or even the women beyond having his hand on the chairs in a traditional "power pose" to suggest control. The women are all seated below him on said chairs and are the only seated people in the photo at all. This stuff does not exist in a vacuum and very clearly hearkens back to some extremely outdated and harmful ideas of gender roles and how family photos are/used to be taken and why everyone always was set up in certain ways.

As I said, the fact that they apparently went with the stupid "impregnated everybody at the same time and everyone's totally okay with this" fetish shit would have definitely gotten a well-deserved reaction in any case, but the way they chose to present this information went all in on the worst possible way to do it and went for maximum creepy shit.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Thank you, a fact easily missed by anyone who doesn't care about having a discussion but broadly proclaiming their stance as the only truth.

I am going to assume what you are saying is that all anime and/or jrpgs are slime which sounds like a stereotypcial Nintendo fan. Blanket statements aren't discussions.
my pfp is me as an anime character

the haram shit is gross and weird and i'm side-eyeing everyone here defending it

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Yeah I'm gonna keep it real with you i don't see any cult shit or him lording over anyone. In fact, Pyra Mythra and Nia are all more proactive than him romantically and are all also stronger than him. The framing doesn't look like anything more than "oh look these characters from the last game had a family how nice" to me.
These are not real people. The issue isn't that Rex is creepy. The issue is that the WRITING is creepy.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
The body language in that photo is deliberately chosen to have the man have zero interaction with the actual children or even the women beyond having his hand on the chairs in a traditional "power pose" to suggest control. The women are all seated below him on said chairs and are the only seated people in the photo at all. This stuff does not exist in a vacuum and very clearly hearkens back to some extremely outdated and harmful ideas of gender roles and how family photos are/used to be taken and why everyone always was set up in certain ways.

As I said, the fact that they apparently went with the stupid "impregnated everybody at the same time and everyone's totally okay with this" fetish shit would have definitely gotten a well-deserved reaction in any case, but the way they chose to present this information went all in on the worst possible way to do it and went for maximum creepy shit.
Yeah I mean you said the same thing again and if you see it that way then that's fine but I don't and nothing about it looks creepy or cultish to me.
These are not real people. The issue isn't that Rex is creepy. The issue is that the WRITING is creepy.
I just don't see how anyone that played 2 could even think that fucking Rex is going to exert total control over those 3, this is beyond bizarre.

Rex doesn't have the power in this situation, they do, unless you think the fact that they love him is him having power over them. He is not proactive romantically, they are.

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
my pfp is me as an anime character

the haram shit is gross and wierd
I've seen gross and weird harem shit and even some Gundam anime with for real harems in them, and it isn't charting on that grossnes because i know how these characters act and who would be the proactive party in this. I don't think Rex would be the one who came up with this idea. The NG+ title screen got Nia jumping in and throwing Rex to the ground and start holding Pyra and Mythra's hand instead, that's the dynamic.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I've seen gross and weird harem shit and even some Gundam anime with for real harems in them, and it isn't charting on that grossnes because i know how these characters act and who would be the proactive party in this. I don't think Rex would be the one who came up with this idea. The NG+ title screen got Nia jumping in and throwing Rex to the ground and start holding Pyra and Mythra's hand instead, that's the dynamic.

?

The self-insert character being the passive party is incredibly common in otaku harem wish fulfilment bullshit. That in no way invalidates the blatantly sexist tropes and male power fantasy being projected here and throughout Xenoblade 2

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah they aren't real people so acting like this is supposed to be portraying cultish or themes of domination is weird as hell to me.
I'm not gonna lie, this just makes it sound like you don't understand media literacy. Stories and fictional characters always communicate things, usually more strongly because they are fictional.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, this just makes it sound like you don't understand media literacy. Stories and fictional characters always communicate things, usually more strongly because they are fictional.
I know what these characters are like and my reading of the pic is based on the dynamic they have in the game and this part of the title screen you can unlock where Nia jumps Rex and ascerts dominance, if we wanna be pedantic about one short sequence vs another what is the reading here to you?

View: https://youtu.be/CvbliEAMMMY?t=50

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Yeah except I'm basing my reading of the scene off of the personalities and what we know about the characters and you aren't. Not going to bother to reply anymore if this is the answer you give lol

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Everyone here falling for the one billion IQ 40D chess move by Takahashi in case the game leaked: strategically place a Church of Rex family photo in one flashback scene so everyone goes back to talking about 2 and forgets the game even leaked.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the title sequence of XB2 i posted is enough to discern the dynamic of the four, imagine remembering the characters. The cast of Xb2 has made fun of Rex to grow up and get a clue and he did that.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
"Sexist power fantasies are fine if the dude is a bottom" was not a take I thought I'd see multiple times in this thread, I got to admit.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
That the mere concept of it is what gets people rilled up instead of anything to do with the game is pretty tiresome. I'd go to Bayonetta threads from that period of time where she was the symbol of misogyny or something, there wasn't a care if the designer of her was a woman or not, just default answer.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 month): dismissive commentary
The way this thread is going you'd think the game was 60+ hours of staring at that photo lol.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The way this thread is going you'd think the game was 60+ hours of staring at that photo lol.
Hey if it distracts people from talking about 2's character design with something else instead of the plot of 3 then folks will be shielded to the spoilers from the acutal relevant part of the game and that's fine.

Yun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm overwhelmed with the systems.

Maxed out 2nd class now and that means I have to start maxing out new ones for each character?

Just got used to the comp now I have to build a similar.

Hope one tank is enough. Geez

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm overwhelmed with the systems.

Maxed out 2nd class now and that means I have to start maxing out new ones for each character?

Just got used to the comp now I have to build a similar.

Hope one tank is enough. Geez
You are in the pre-release/pre-guide world now, i'd stick with what works and do what's fun for you till stuff starts getting hard. If it will go like XB2 then you won't actually max stuff out till ng+ anyway.

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
i'm just. begging people to engage with each other in good faith. trust that the people that are less bothered by it aren't sexist dudes getting off to this, and trust that the people criticizing it are doing so from a place of wanting less dumb shit in games (even if it is stifling any other discussion which is tiring as hell)

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
i'm just. begging people to engage with each other in good faith. trust that the people that are less bothered by it aren't sexist dudes getting off to this, and trust that the people criticizing it are doing so from a place of wanting less dumb shit in games (even if it is stifling any other discussion which is tiring as hell)
I think the photo is trashy, but frankly your wishing for a miracle there. Especially in the other thread. They had to be told multiple times to stop making sweeping xenophobic generalizations. That attitude doesn't just stop. And on the other hand some people who are okay with it will insist it's not questionable in any way shape or form.