• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This Direct makes sense because, except for 1, all Xenoblade had Direct and also…
Nintendo will want to focus on the next Fire Emblem that's getting revealed next week.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! Glad this game is getting the marketing it deserves.

Hey guys, look at the bright side, there will be minimal / no Xenoblade 3 presence on the big Direct the following week.

Xeno3 actually deserves its own direct and it also can open the actual Nintendo direct to more announcements..............................................................................................................right?

People should be glad XC3 has its own direct, it means it won't be featured in the general direct that will surely follow

On one hand, this means no Xenoblade in a general Direct. On the other, where the general Direct?
Nintendo is pushing this game hard now, wouldn't surprise me if it still showed up the general Direct.

Llenn

May 18, 2022
I could see them revealing something big and spoilery here like teasing the return of a character from a previous game.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Super bummed that this is the Direct we're getting.. especially at that length. Means it's really going to be entirely focused on it (which is fair given the circumstances). The idea of Nintendo just not doing a general E3-esque update at this time of year though is gutting.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I've not seen anything of this game since the reveal trailer

I intend to keep it that way. If you're sold on this game then they're just gonna spoil stuff most likely.

Last edited:

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up playing Definitive Edition again last night from when I fell off last year. Beyond excited for 3. Maybe I shouldn't watch this in case there are incidental spoilers for XC1?

I dont think any xc3 trailer is safe to watch while in the middle of playing either xc1 or xc2. The very first trailer had a few spoilers already

MarbledJelly

May 24, 2022
I don't know whether there's a general direct on the 29th but I 100% don't believe this rules one out. I actually think it makes it more likely. Having games feature in generals that are just about to release always feels a little frustrating, like we're wasting time better spent on announcements. From the K&K show it sounds like Nintendo is hyper aware about how the directs land with fans. If this is true and they are responding the way we would like them to then you would see exactly this - a high-res direct specifically for the next release and a more general one for future stuff.
i agree! and as i said in my previous post here, a general direct this month would logically be a big one for nintendo. if you have 20 minutes to show of your game releasing next month, but also have like 5 other games to show, it doesn't make sense to put them in the same presentation. especially if you're nintendo and habe never had a director trust was over 45ish minutes iirc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
‪Rumors indicate that the general Direct is next week anyway, so this is fine.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Wrong kind of Direct :(

Xenoblade 3 already pre-ordered, not watching this close to launch.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Super bummed that this is the Direct we're getting.. especially at that length. Means it's really going to be entirely focused on it (which is fair given the circumstances). The idea of Nintendo just not doing a general E3-esque update at this time of year though is gutting.

That also means, the predicted June 29 general Direct won't have 20 minutes of XB3 being the filler content of that Direct, which is great news for me.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Dealing with people wrongly assuming there won't be the big general direct next week because of this will be very obnoxious.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Already pre-ordered the game and will watch the Direct. Don't care about spoilers.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Geez some of y'all are dramatic 😂. A game dedicated direct a short time before an actual direct isn't unheard of. Tho the general direct may not be a June thing anymore and may just be July instead.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Hyped but also I expect we will see some story spoilers in this one which is hmm…

The general is likely to come a week from now. Nintendo is just getting about half an hours worth of time for a single game out of that General one.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Have they ever done it where they've announced the game-specific Direct first? At least the times I can think of have been announcing the game-specific Direct during the general Direct.
There was a Pokémon direct a week before the general one a couple years back, although I'm not sure if it was announced BEFORE the general one was. Nintendo typically gives more heads up with their June directs

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'm happy with this if it means less of them having to explain the intricacies of a new animu open world RPG during a general Direct. More time for other stuff!

Lirose

May 30, 2018
I don't think there's a direct next week and I don't mind. This year is already packed anyway, I can wait for the September direct assuming there is one. Also will be interesting to see which insiders are right or wrong about 29/30 June.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If there's DLC/Expansion Pass, they gotta give us the ability to play Shulk and Rex (and Elma for completion sake), a bit like the Arena DLC in 2.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
The game is so good it can even reverse-delay itself from the actual direct.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
What for? The game releases next month. I'll avoid watching it cause I'm certain they'll spoil the game part of the "marketing"

Hopefully I can avoid it though. Too hyped for the game!

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished XBC2 last night and it was quite an underwhelmed, especially the final boss was kinda has lost its pilot. (No pun intended)

Hopefully 3 is better than 2. And yes, i'm currently playing Torna atm.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Well shit, if this isn't the definition of bittersweet. Can't wait to see more of Xenoblade but hopefully there's a general direct soon after!

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
What's left to show lol? From visiting the Xenoblade 3 thread I feel like most posters already have the entire game figured out. I've been avoiding info actually, feels like I know enough/too much

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm not watching because I'm too hyped already and don't need any more info. Been staying out of the discussion threads even

Jun 5, 2018
So I don't know that this strengthens or awakens the argument for the rumoured general direct on the 29th, but it does make sense to have this showcase separate, I would think they'd want the spotlight to be on a game that's about to release, this are giving it a private one, also Nintendo has proven in the past to be quite aware of expectations regarding directs so no doubt they'll of factored that in to any plans for their next "general"