• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The chances of an actual nintendo direct happening this summer even less now hahaha I mean its that or they actually though talking about this game in a direct was gonna make people angry becuase they prefer to see new games and thats why they are doing it

Thank god i actually like xb3, though i dont know if i want to really know more about it beofre starting playing.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Just picked up playing Definitive Edition again last night from when I fell off last year. Beyond excited for 3. Maybe I shouldn't watch this in case there are incidental spoilers for XC1?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
From barely having the first game localized to effectively stealing every other Nintendo franchise spotlight and pissing off the remaining fanbases on E3 month. This is like being a Fire Emblem fan but being able to play my games (not X2) in front of my friends.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this means a general direct isn't happening this month. It just means Nintendo thought Xenoblade 3 was big enough to get its own direct. Happy this the 22nd, and therefore happening the day before a leave for my business trip.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm super hyped for XC3, but I just want a cool launch trailer, not a 20 minute spoiling of the game itself.

Anyway I don't think this means anything for the purported Direct next week. This XC3 Direct could basically be their E3 treehouse segment.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Do we need a direct on xenoblade 3 ? being spoiled 20min, i don't think it's good. Going to skip it haha

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. Xenoblade being treated as a big franchise and getting the love it so rightfully deserves. July is gonna be crazy with both this and Live-A-Live dropping

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super hyped for XC3, but I just want a cool launch trailer, not a 20 minute spoiling of the game itself.
I think it'll be more like the Xenoblade 2 Direct, showing off location and gameplay mechanics.
For story yeah it might show upto the mid-game.
Do we need a direct on xenoblade 3 ? being spoiled 20min, i don't think it's good. Going to skip it haha
Xenoblade X and 2 both had a Direct.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Outside the character trailer in the original XC2 direct it wasn't really that spoiler-y, who knows what the case here will be like though

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Not a full Direct? Man, what a bunch'a jokers.

Still think it's coming next week. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to not grasping the full scope of the battle system despite sitting through a twenty-minute explanation.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
ITT members of ResetEra forget the difference between the numbers 22 and 29.

Anyway, hell yeah

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
From barely having the first game localized to effectively stealing every other Nintendo franchise spotlight and pissing off the remaining fanbases on E3 month. This is like being a Fire Emblem fan but being able to play my games (not X2) in front of my friends.
Play X2 in front of your friends, assert your dominance

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll still potentially buy this but the info I'll need won't come from a Direct, I'm interested to see the feedback from some people that didn't overly like the second game

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, this just means fans get their own Direct and it won't take up space in the general Direct for the rest of us.

It's a win-win!

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I won't watch it, I feel like they already gave a lot of informations. It's cool though, maybe they will announce something extra, like their dlcs plan or a demo, though I highly doubt about the latter

Charbox

May 21, 2018
Keen on this, just hoped I wouldn't have to stay up until 12am in my time zone to watch it 😂

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gives them a lot of time to show off actually new stuff and not hinge on "remember this?"

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Ah man, hope for late June direct fading...

I already got this game preordered, just don't need to see anymore of it.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
People should be glad XC3 has its own direct, it means it won't be featured in the general direct that will surely follow

MarbledJelly

May 24, 2022
a lot of people are assuming we've lost all hope, but this makes a lot of sense to me. we are living in a world where nintendo has a major game release next month but also has splatoon 3 this fall, bayonetta 3 sometime this year, this is the last big "E3 season" before BOTW2, nee pokémon games, a fire emblem game that's been heavily leaked and will likely release this year, and god knows what else. why not do a xenoblade direct a week earlier, and get that out of the way, unless they wanted to do the first hour or longer direct.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Well so much for insiders and direct predictions I guess? Nobody mentioned an XB3 only direct

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
900882.jpg

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Yeaahhh fuck no I ain't watching

I'm already day 1, lemme go in as blind as possible.

Let me get some soundtrack samples tho 👀

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Great game to see a Direct and going to be a dry Q3/4 for Nintendo as they save for Switch 2 possibly. All good signs for me.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Like seriously 75 percent of the game industry have all come out and said general on the 29th, no reason to start doubting that now, I doubt this is what they heard about lol

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know whether there's a general direct on the 29th but I 100% don't believe this rules one out. I actually think it makes it more likely. Having games feature in generals that are just about to release always feels a little frustrating, like we're wasting time better spent on announcements. From the K&K show it sounds like Nintendo is hyper aware about how the directs land with fans. If this is true and they are responding the way we would like them to then you would see exactly this - a high-res direct specifically for the next release and a more general one for future stuff.

tjh282

May 29, 2019
Outside the character trailer in the original XC2 direct it wasn't really that spoiler-y, who knows what the case here will be like though

Yeah, assuming they kind of follow same plan as XBC2 I'll skip the trailer portion of this depending on the content and just watch all the gameplay parts