• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
From our own Nintendo sales archive

www.resetera.com

Nintendo software and hardware sales data from 1983 to present

Thanks for work, Celine. I have a question about Yo-Kai Watch 1/2 sales, it isn't mistake and these titles were indeed updated? Because sales didn't change and other Outside of Japan titles were not updated (Pokken, Layton, Octopath)

The game shipped 2.05m copies as of June 2020, up from 1.92m copies at December 2019! It looks like the game is still selling well for being a 3 years old JRPG!

6JdNVGg.png

For comparison other Xeno titles sold less than 1 million except for Xenosaga that sold 1.19m copies

Last edited:

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Waifus are a secret ingredient for games I guess.

I'm glad for the sales though.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
I'm glad Nintendo gave the series another chance even though XB1 and XBX didn't sell well. Xenoblade now has established itself as one of Nintendo's core franchises.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
If only more physical copies could be found.

Anyways, here's hoping the Digital version goes on sale.

Bought the first's DE version last week.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats Xeno 2! I am really hopeful for Xenoblade 3 to further expand the series to more people.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Please use the funds to hire someone better at making menus!

But hell yeah, for Quarantine 2020, a few 100+ hour RPGs are ideal purchases.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is the best Switch game in my opinion, and that means a lot considering masterpieces such as Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odissey, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and many others. I loved Xenoblade DE as well, Xenoblade is really an amazing JRPG series.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully this means a sequel and potential X port.

Absolutely loved all them.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
regardless of how people about XB2, the franchise getting bigger should be something we can all appreciate and hopefully the next entry will be able to please even more while correcting some of the previous entries failings (because yeah I don't consider XB1 perfect either)

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Awesome, probably one of my favorite games of all time (up there with Galaxy 1, Three Houses and P5). Here's hoping Rex can get into smash (100% deserves to be in at this point).

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The big question. I have no doubt the game would do much better on the system, but I wonder if it's enough to justify it the go ahead. (XCDE's less impressive sales trend has me worried).

I think it can easily outsell the WiiU version atleast, which imo seems lucrative for porting.

Dec 23, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is pretty awesome because of KOS-MOS and T-elos being in the game, two characters from the Xenosaga series.

Then Shulk and Fiora having the same artstyle as the characters from Xenogears was awesome to see as well.

Last edited:

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
The big question. I have no doubt the game would do much better on the system, but I wonder if it's enough to justify it the go ahead. (XCDE's less impressive sales trend has me worried).
DE has sold a lot more than needed to justify its existence

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017

Makes sense it kept selling lately, it feels that for the past couple months I've been hearing/reading more people talking about it.

I'm glad Nintendo gave the series another chance even though XB1 and XBX didn't sell well. Xenoblade now has established itself as one of Nintendo's core franchises.

From what I recall while XC1 didn't set the charts on fire sold more than expected on Wii in Japan, I am not sure if XCX is considered a flop either all things considered.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
That's great news. Still the best game on Switch.
There are still people going to r/Xenoblade_chronicles with questions and impressions 3 years after release.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I contributed to that! I had to try Xeno 2 after DE and I was not disappointed one bit

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Well deserved indeed, really enjoyed my time with the game. Great direction for the franchise.