• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
Happy HUD Chronicles 3 day to y'all !!

2nXwFPd.jpg

twEbDQ.png

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Ahhh yup #2deep4me xS
Thats a very clever title now knowinh the explanation
Well, isn't convoluted lore partially why we're here? :)

So the thread title is a bizarre stretch of an in-joke that only you are privy to?

Interesting! Lol
No it isn't?

The patch came out yesterday and it's already linked with English patch notes at the bottom of the OP.

To anyone who bought the pass when it's live can you tell me what comes with the "A collection of helpful items"
What they are has been in the OP since I posted it.

To those wondering about the DLC items:

Iron Temple Guard (Common): Boost HP 25%
Circlet of Wisdom (Common): Boost Healing 25%
Silver Belt (Common): Boost Attack 25%
Auto-Balancer (Legendary): Stops off-balance when your attacks are blocked
Glass Memory (Legendary): Reduce aggro by 5% for each auto-hit
Nopon Strap (Legendary): 10% chance to instantly recharge art that is used.
Thanks for the details!

Wait, how many active party members can you have at once?
Just curious, did you go on complete blackout?

This is also covered in the OP btw.
Can't pick up my copy till later today - is the collectopedia back?
Yes but it also works differently now. You now also have NPCs who have specific requests (mini collectopedias) that you can fulfill that way for rewards.

How's the performance in portable mode compared to 2 ? (Which was horrible)
How's the performance so far? I can deal with slightly worse graphics as long as the FPS is relatively stable.
Digital Foundry video is in the OP.

Gotta do multiple Fusion Arts to get from level 0 to level 3. On Tactics, you can have the team AI focus on Fusion Arts so it levels faster in battle. It'll get faster as you level up then you'll have access to all 3 of your Arts being able to do Fusion Arts.
Thanks, first combat tip to add to the OP :)

Any sign of dreaded gacha mechanics this time?
They put out two games without gacha mechanics since then. There is no gacha mechanic in this game.

Question, are the characters better at a certain roles / classes or can anyone play anything?
base stats differ between characters, thus some are obviously more suited for certain roles

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
glad to hear those were appreciated :)

I'll try to compile all the useful stuff people find out and share again
Absolutely, I don't think I would've enjoyed the game as much without those and over the years I've passed thar OT and the dedicated combat guide linked there to anyone who were starting it.

Hear that, Noah? Lanz is looking for something a bit meatier.

Hear that...RARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
In Xenoblade 2 I switched to Japanese dub among other reasons because somehow by not understanding those comments they were less grating lol.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What the fuck is going on with the combat in this game? Half the time I fight, every character including my own stops attacking and one character, usually Lanz ends up being ganked. The sheathe button becomes stuck and all I can do is run away. The fuck?

Edit- It only seemed to happen in one area of the game, once I left that area it stopped.

Last edited:

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Absolutely magnificent OT! Cheers Moon & Dice

Can't wait to get back home and start blasting. Been waiting for this for too long now. Have fun everyone!

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering: is there a mechanic to adjust your level, like in Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (and I think they added that option through an update in XC2)? Because I remember that you can rather easily end up overleveled in these games, and since level makes a major difference in hit rate and evasion rate, it ultimately trivalize the games.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Story seems really interesting with the whole child soldiers thing. Wish I could stand the MMO combat though. Might just buy it to support the devs, then watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is going on with the combat in this game? Half the time I fight, every character including my own stops attacking and one character, usually Lanz ends up being ganked. The sheathe button becomes stuck and all I can do is run away. The fuck?

You sure you're not too far away? Sometimes the ai doesnt attack if youre out of range.
Also you didnt put them on follow with ZL+down on accident?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Counting down the hours at work, but in previous games if you're sheathed, the AI used to stop attacking too. You probably need to be within a certain distance and also locked on to an enemy to unsheath?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'm wondering: is there a mechanic to adjust your level, like in Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (and I think they added that option through an update in XC2)? Because I remember that you can rather easily end up overleveled in these games, and since level makes a major difference in hit rate and evasion rate, it ultimately trivalize the games.

new game+ only for leveling down

it has the bonus exp system for sidequest exp etc that previous games did though

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
The third area is definitely more interesting in terms of layout and visuals, but in terms of actual exploration I've found it pretty lackluster. Hoping it improves as the game progresses as that aspect of Xenoblade 1 added so much to the game and its sense of adventure
It's strange since they only needed to add more secret areas or hidden things to make exploration feel more rewarding. Everything besides this has been excellent though

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Looks like most of the stores around me got very few copies of this in. Hope I won't have trouble picking it up this morning.

Interactive Maps (WIP)

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hey everyone, We've been working away non-stop at Interactive Maps for this that contains, well, everything pretty much (they're still work in progress so bear with us). You can find the first two here:
We'll have the full list of all the maps at the following location:
The map currently contains the following at High resolution with multiple zoom levels.
  • Landmarks and Locations (should help with uncovering the map in-game for you).
  • Unique Enemies (where they are with eventual links on how to beat them)
  • Quests (all quest markers should be here, from standard to hero).
  • NPCs (so it's easier to track them down for Affinity building)
  • Settlements (along with shops and other facilities)
  • Points of Interest (everything from ether channels, skirmishes, climbable walls, etc.)
  • Containers (and their rewards)
  • Soldier Husks
While we think we have pretty much everything covered, we're still in the process of updating the maps and eventually, our markers will all link up to more detailed information. We'd appreciate any feedback that anyone has so we can improve it further and I hope this is of use to everyone.

View: https://imgur.com/a/lLScfQY

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The desert area looks a lot nicer than the ones before, hopefully it keeps improving this way. XC2 still felt a lot more lush and wondrous so far but I'm loving it anyways

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Counting down the hours at work, but in previous games if you're sheathed, the AI used to stop attacking too. You probably need to be within a certain distance and also locked on to an enemy to unsheath?

You sure you're not too far away? Sometimes the ai doesnt attack if youre out of range.
Also you didnt put them on follow with ZL+down on accident?

My character is unsheathed and standing next to the enemy, usually they auto attack. Every button stops working until I run away. ZL and actions don't work, sheathing doesn't work and general attacks don't work. It's strange.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My character is unsheathed and standing next to the enemy, usually they auto attack. Every button stops working until I run away. ZL and actions don't work, sheathing doesn't work and general attacks don't work. It's strange.

Hm, weird i think i only had a Bug like that once before the day1 update. But for you it happens regularely?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Was a bit underwhelmed by the environment at first but Ribbi Flats is wonderful. Big, layered, full of hidden locations that builds into one another, and great views of pretty much the entire region. Beautiful music too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is the big red waypoint marker on screen for main missions just part of the tutorial sections, or is this there the entire game?

It's quite a bit off putting.

I also don't understand what people are finding awkward about repositioning and auto attacks. It pauses attack as you kove then immediately attacks when you stop in position. Feels quite smooth to me!

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got back from my 3 month ban just in time for Xenoblade 3. My special edition will be delivered on Monday but I still bought the digital version so I'm just starting it now. Main Theme was damn good.

Last game I was this excited for was Kingdom Hearts 3 and as much as I loved that game I couldn't help but feel disappointed in parts of the game. Considering Monolith made Xenosaga Episode 3 and that game is amazing,, I'm expecting them not to disappoint with this one.

Game looks fantastic on my 4K tv and the MClassic device.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Well after reading those interviews the hype has got to me! Just ordered 3 and downloading Torna as we speak! Can't afford future connected though so it'll have to be YouTubed.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Is anyone experiencing periodic very brief audio cutouts? It's rare but still kind of annoying when it happens, dunno if it's an issue with the game or my headset or my switch or my dock or my cable. <.<

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Is the big red waypoint marker on screen for main missions just part of the tutorial sections, or is this there the entire game?

It's quite a bit off putting.

I also don't understand what people are finding awkward about repositioning and auto attacks. It pauses attack as you kove then immediately attacks when you stop in position. Feels quite smooth to me!
Always there.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Man I just got my pre-order from the store (it's a cheaper price if you preorder on that store) but I will only play it after I finished XC2 and Trials of Mana. It's so tempting to just start right away but I just know that it will get too much

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
My Nintendo copy from the SE finally shipped. I got it digitally too and have been playing for about 6 hours. Game's good!

Is there a way to tell which enemies aggro by sound vs sight or if they don't aggro at all? Also is there a level gap that will cause enemies that always aggro to no longer notice you? Loving the game but definitely feel like enemies here have wider ranges of perception than past games.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
Was a bit underwhelmed by the environment at first but Ribbi Flats is wonderful. Big, layered, full of hidden locations that builds into one another, and great views of pretty much the entire region. Beautiful music too.
The music is so unbelievably good in this area. Was one of those moments where I just stopped what I did so I could hear the theme playing.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
Hero quests is what Blade quest in XC2 should've been. I recommend everyone playing the game to actively search for them, since they're all voiced and add something naratively. Highlight of the game so far for me

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
The music is so unbelievably good in this area. Was one of those moments where I just stopped what I did so I could hear the theme playing.

Yeah it's a great area, I reached here last night too. Anybody know roughly what % of the explorable map is revealed by this point? I'm guessing maybe 1/3 at this point?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope they're adding with an update is an option for Turning off the Chain Attack music.

I abstained from using them in some Fightes because the Theme in that Fight was too good.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
characters are growing on me. Noah is just uhhh a bit low energy lol I wasn't a major fan of Rex but I do kinda miss his enthusiasm. I'm sure I'll grow to love this bunch but they're just not clicking with me immediately

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure to turn in your platinum points by 9/1 to get Xenoblade icons for your Switch account

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

I mean, you acknowledged in the post I quoted that not everyone is going to understand it. I'd be shocked if anyone interpreted it the way you meant it without the explanation. And it seems like a stretch to me personally. It's not a pun or anything. I also don't get what it has to do with Xenoblade, it seems like it would be equally applicable to the third game in just about any series.

Not a big deal. It's your OT, you can name it what you want. Just seems like a contrast from the typical OT naming convention of a pun or simple reference that most people familiar with the game will get.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

We won't forget our SE comrades o7

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
The walkable area in the game is 5x Xenoblade 2. Would this still add up?

I'd be a little disappointed if Ribbi Flats was already 25% of the entire map...
I mean so far it feels like there is more walkable area, but more that areas are stretched out compared to XC2. Where in XC2 the world design was compact, in XC3 (so far) it feels like they stretched it out to give a bigger sense of scale I'd assume.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Swung by Walmart since they open at 7am and picked up a copy. When the Nintendo one comes in next Friday (what my tracking is giving me) I'll give it to my partner. Excited to finally dive in.