• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
tumblr_nya8tzC7ps1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I was so disappointed when Sorbo showed up in the last season of The OC knowing how much of an ass he was. Lucy Lawless has always been awesome.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I liked both shows as a kid but xena was definitely the dopest shit. Glad to see it's also reflected in real life.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So are they saying Antifa are Trump supporters now? Why the hell else would they storm the Capitol when his opponent is about to be certified? I just don't understand the internal logic of people trying to blame this on Antifa.

They do this for everything. Nothing is their doing.

It's their dream to see "the left"(anyone who disagrees with them basically) get labeled as terrorists and taken to prison.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Is the Peanut thing something from Xena/Hercules? I've never watched either, but I think Lucy's great in BSG/Evil Dead/P&R. (I tried to find Xena on streaming last summer but no dice).

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Even in the nineties I could not understand how people watched those shows. They sucked and until this day I still don't know if it just some bad joke I'm still not getting that everyone else is in on.

But, Lucy Lawless is great, loved her appearances in other shows. And fuck Kevin Sorbo
As someone who went through at least Xena last year... it's not for you if you don't like camp. And there's some bad in that show too. But it was also the rare show that could balance it and serious storylines well for the most part. It even found success in it's first couple attempts of serialization with the Callisto and Dahak arcs.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching Flight of the conchords last night and saw the episode with her in it. She's great, forgot she was a kiwi till that episode

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Peanut thing something from Xena/Hercules? I've never watched either, but I think Lucy's great in BSG/Evil Dead/P&R. (I tried to find Xena on streaming last summer but no dice).
I don't think so. I've only heard it used affectionately by parents to refer to their children (in which case she's calling him a child).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Damn. Everyone's coming out of the woodworks now.

That last comment... as if you needed another reason to despise that man.

Last edited:

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there really beef between Lucy and Sorbo while their shows were on? The commentary tracks on the dvd they were always super respectful to each other. I guess this means we won't get a reunion anytime soon sadly, I loved Xena as a kid and only watched Herc because it was in continuity and later liked Hercules more since the more campy tone fit better the style of the shows. Regardless Xena is going to get a movie or reboot sooner or later because of how big that show was.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Was there really beef between Lucy and Sorbo while their shows were on? The commentary tracks on the dvd they were always super respectful to each other. I guess this means we won't get a reunion anytime soon sadly, I loved Xena as a kid and only watched Herc because it was in continuity and later liked Hercules more since the more campy tone fit better the style of the shows. Regardless Xena is going to get a movie or reboot sooner or later because of how big that show was.

My guess is, not during the shows' runs, but Sorbo probably resented her beneath the surface when her show leapfrogged his, and that contributed to him bailing on Herc early. And he wound up becoming a diva as a result, which is why his arrogance flared up a giant amount early in Andromeda's run.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is, not during the shows' runs, but Sorbo probably resented her beneath the surface when her show leapfrogged his, and that contributed to him bailing on Herc early. And he wound up becoming a diva as a result, which is why his arrogance flared up a giant amount early in Andromeda's run.
I can see that, he seemed like such a nice guy in all the commentary tracks and someone you'd want to hang out with but I had to stop following him a long time ago because of how political he was that it annoyed me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can see that, he seemed like such a nice guy in all the commentary tracks and someone you'd want to hang out with but I had to stop following him a long time ago because of how political he was that it annoyed me.

If memory serves, there was an episode near the end of the shows' runs where the main actors played TV executives in kind of a goofy parody clip show poking fun at both shows, and Sorbo played a super-arrogant prick.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
So, I need to get this off my chest.

Kevin Sorbo as Hercules was basically my role model. A strong, brave man who yet was also compassionate, protective, and despite his strength and semi-divine status, rejected power and used violence only when necessary. For those of you who grew up in the 90s who know what the typical heroes of that era were like (Anti-Hero edgelord shit like Spawn) Hercules The Legendary Journeys was progressive as fuck, a male hero who rejected toxic masculinty and was not afraid to display emotions or show compassion to his eneimies. More often than not he tried to talk things out first. I spent my childhood years in the 90s idealizing Hercules, I wanted to BE Hercules.

So Sorbo, from the bottom of my heart, I have to say, Fuck You. You starred in that show for years, read all those scripts about love and compassion for your fellow man regardless of if their beliefs are different from yours, and now you're a fucking Nazi.

Fuck You, Fuck You Forever.

i can completely relate to this post. as a kid i loved both shows.

its worth remember that every show/movie is performed by actors and that the on screen characters do not represent their off screen personalities. ...but in retrospect it is satisfying that the better person had the bigger success.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I shit you not, last time I saw Sorbo on tv was I was up late watching ID channel and saw Kevin Sorbo and Nicole Eggert in one of those reenactment crime segments lol
Last time I saw Eggert on TV was The Real Gilligan's Island. lol

I'm sure Dean Cain and James Woods will soon jump in to save him!
Kirk Cameron, his idiot sister and Jon Voight too.

What a spectacular celebrity representation those folks have, lol
It's like a terrible version of The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN

Kevin Sorbo as Hercules was basically my role model. A strong, brave man who yet was also compassionate, protective, and despite his strength and semi-divine status, rejected power and used violence only when necessary. For those of you who grew up in the 90s who know what the typical heroes of that era were like (Anti-Hero edgelord shit like Spawn) Hercules The Legendary Journeys was progressive as fuck, a male hero who rejected toxic masculinty and was not afraid to display emotions or show compassion to his eneimies. More often than not he tried to talk things out first. I spent my childhood years in the 90s idealizing Hercules, I wanted to BE Hercules.

So Sorbo, from the bottom of my heart, I have to say, Fuck You. You starred in that show for years, read all those scripts about love and compassion for your fellow man regardless of if their beliefs are different from yours, and now you're a fucking Nazi.

My English teacher from high school sister was married to this douche, maybe still is..this was back in the mid 90's. He said he was a douche back then too.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Hercules growing up. Shame sorbo is such a piece of shit. Good on Lucy Lawless for calling him out

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Even in the nineties I could not understand how people watched those shows. They sucked and until this day I still don't know if it just some bad joke I'm still not getting that everyone else is in on.

But, Lucy Lawless is great, loved her appearances in other shows. And fuck Kevin Sorbo

I never expected it was such a big hit Internationally, just that it was a staple of German afternoon TV in the 90's.
And many teens had crushes on Xena or Gabrielle either boys or girls. And the show became a rallying point for the first Internet LGBT communities, while those two women were also idols for young girls who didn't have that many women to look up to at that point. Not many shows or movies displayed strong, independent women on their own, or even passed the minimal Bechdel test.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
His tweets remind me of Gina Carano's tweets. It's similar language. All these chuds sound the same.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I read about Sorbo's antics on Andromeda, it fucking gets worse. Dude was known trash for YEARS, even bitched about not being in Raimi Spider-man movies. Like most have said here, disappointing when you find this out after enjoying Hercules while growing...Dean Cain too in that department, but I guess that happens with a lot of 90s "stars" (I'm side-eyeing a few Power Rangers right now).

…luckily Lucy Lawless had the better show, an actual star, and is the superior person. She is amazing.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
The shit these washed up conservative actors say is as predictable as Sorbo's career post hercules. At least Lawless is awesome.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You can lump Dean Cain in there with Sorbo as well. How the fuck anyone who played Superman could devolve into the literal antithesis of the character is beyond me.

I absolutely love how Dean Cain was a minor recurring character in the first two seasons of Supergirl as Kara's adoptive father only to disappear and never be shown again after a mid-season 2 episode.

And the finally, in a season 5 episode, they killed him off screen.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

Wonderful post, because I felt the same. Hercules was different and I thought Kevin was cool to play the role so contrary to the usual muscle bound idiot hero.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I spent a small amount of time with Sorbo a little while back at my previous job. He seemed like a good dude. Real shame his views are so out of whack.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Yeah Sorbo got Wolfe fired from Andromeda because Sorbo hated serialized story arcs and wanted more corny action scenes in the show. Not shocking the show descended into barely recognizable nonsense
Which is hilarious cause he apparently wanted to trim the action down in Hercules due to his back injury.

Sounds more like he was just a little bitch cause Xena was outgrowing his show.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Lucy Lawless depicting Xena was one of the best things to come out on tv in the 90s and it continues to show

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is that Hercules lived on to become Kevin Sorbo the actor. He's supposed to be Hercules at all times.

smfh Hercules