• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The games will run at the same frame rate as they do on an Xbox One S. There are many on xCloud which run at 60fps, like Halo 5, Borderlands 2, Ori, etc.

The language you see on xCloud will match the language you've set as primary on your phone.
Ok thanks. Oh it's Xbox one S performance. I though it was X :(. 720p one S. Not great but that's a beta. Trying to configure Xbox streaming now. Having some nat issues 😅

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok. Tried game streaming as well. It's 30 FPS even though i stream from my one X. I'll stick to OneCast for now for home streaming 😅

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So. I didn't like my Redmi 8 pro for stupid reason that no test mention. (Super sharpness impossible to turn off mostly ). Got refunded and took a galaxy a71. The biggest screen I can find (6.7 AMOLED ). And now xcloud is actually in 60fps. That xiaomi is really crap. It's much better now

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So. I didn't like my Redmi 8 pro for stupid reason that no test mention. (Super sharpness impossible to turn off mostly ). Got refunded and took a galaxy a71. The biggest screen I can find (6.7 AMOLED ). And now xcloud is actually in 60fps. That xiaomi is really crap. It's much better now

no idea why anyone buys those phones

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no idea why anyone buys those phones
I wanted a cheap phone for cloud gaming. And it reviews amazing. Bought 229e. But it's actually really shit. Went back to the store got money back and I was looking at all android devices. I wanted the biggest screen for max 400e. Saw that amazing galaxy a71 for 450 with 50 cash back from Samsung. 6.7 AMOLED. Now I use xcloud perf est as well as remote play and stadia perfectly

Avoid these phones as you said.
Redmi note pro 8 reviews 9/10 everywhere yet

-sharpness maximum. Ugly streaming
-dual shock 4 doesn't work in remote play even though it's android 10
-Im too used to my iPhone oled. LCD it tough.
-a lot of bloatware

all this is corrected on the Samsung. Playing xcloud / OneCast for local streaming

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
These are my impressions after around 2 months of solid testing (I wonder if MS actually read or ever answers to sent feedback, I sent a ton inside the app but never got a reply).

Used a Samsung S8 + I had because I've been invited on Android, even if I'm an iOS guy and can't wait for the whole service to be officially out everywhere (so iOS, Android, possibly PC and Smart TVs as well)
My configuration is:

Samsung S8 +
XBOX One controller with a clip (I had it since iOS 13 supported it last year)
Network: tested with my home one (110/30 Mb and recent weeks a 50/30 Mb). 5 Ghz only connection (make a network just for it).

I'm super impressed with the service, it works really good.
Actually as my actual network is really good (after years of crappy ones) it really feels like you have an actual XBOX ONE inside your phone, which is mind blowing even after all these hours.
I knew cloud services worked very well for me because I was already a GeForce Now founder (which is technically impressive as well, put over 100 hours of Destiny 2 and many more games there) but xCloud with its Gamepass/Netflix like formula it's the best for me (immediately bought Gamepass PC after trying xCloud just because even if I don't play much on my PC).
xCloud is the service I'll get when it will be officially out, with GeForce Now as a backup for games I really want to play...even if I must say Gamepass has so many games including recent ones I don't know if I'll ever find time to play something else.

I was able to fully complete and utterly enjoy these games on mobile:

Gears of War 5
Shadows of the Tomb Raider
Mark of the Ninja
Halo 5
Ori and the Blind Forest

I'm now well into Ori and the Will o Wisps (masterpiece)

Played many many more available games as well.

The graphics on mobile of those games is simply unbelievable (even compared side to side to their original counterparts). It's hard to explain, but some games are just (even more) jaw dropping on the oled mobile screens.
Like Ori and the Blind Forest, Gears of War 5 or Tomb Raider.

Another huge plus is that these services don't even make a dent in battery usage (certainly a LOT less than native games). You can play Gears 5 for literally hours and hours and still have almost all battery available.

Of course there are many caveats and restrictions with stream services, but if it works as intended, it works gloriously well (I'm still incredulous sometimes).
Sure, on peak times (like mid evenings) sometimes there are networks hiccups but I would say I could play perfectly and without ANY issue well over 90 percent of the time (probably more...but I had some days without internet and almost went mad, I was at the end of Gears 5).
I play almost all single player games, but I was able to play some Gears 5 mp as well.

Actually it works so well that I've noticed no lag or problems even when wife/son are concurrently playing Fortnite or streaming Netflix.

Great service, great games selection, probably incredible value (if rumors are true about it being included/tied with Gamepass).

Things I can't wait for:

1) The service finally out of beta letting me use my Gamepass and all my games that aren't included now....including Witcher 3, RDR2, No Man's Sky (soon), Gears of War Tactics (hopefully soon, love the game but my PC struggles)....
2) The client everywhere (PC and Smart TVs, at 1080p, even with slightly higher requirements).

Things I've noticed (probably not all specific for xCloud).

1) Many games sync saves between console and PC Gamepass, but not all. Would be cool if all did.
2) Probably impossibile now, clearly many games are not meant for smaller screens...would be cool a global UI fonts setting (maybe for future years games?). Games per se are playable and enjoyable, but some have impossible tiny writings (despite a lot of space around).
3) Some games are just meant for touch controls (like card games or boardgames-like), would be cool if just for those they could be activated (I'm ok with the vast majority, starting with FPS, requiring a controller).
4) Mouse and keyboard support for recent iPads would be cool too.

Just my 2 cents.

I knew about steaming service since long (I had one embedded in my Samsung TV years ago, can't even remember the name, where my son played the Lego games) but now they are a real widespread thing and here to stay.
Among the competitors xCloud if my favorite one, hands down, and my service of choice whenever it will be fully commercially available.
Almost tied with Geforce Now (which works incredibly well but I don't have a big Stream library and a bit cautious to buy games specifically for it right now for obvious reasons). Stadia is technically impressive but a no for me (re buying the games? Nope).

Hopefully not too long before the service goes up worldwide out of beta.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same. It's very impressive. Not as impressive as stadia because It's 720p buts it's amazing. I just wish they would upgrade the server system to Xbox one X. It's not that important for 720p but when we have 1080... and also some game are 60fps on one x (gears 5/ Minecraft dungeon)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I feel the same. It's very impressive. Not as impressive as stadia because It's 720p buts it's amazing. I just wish they would upgrade the server system to Xbox one X. It's not that important for 720p but when we have 1080... and also some game are 60fps on one x (gears 5/ Minecraft dungeon)

they're skipping 1X and upgrading to Series X blades over time

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Yesterday I was able to play with my wife Sea of Thieves both next to each other (she was on PC I was on Xcloud) and it worked SO WELL.
We simply family shared gamepass on PC and it worked fantastic (https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comments/c0eswn/xbox_game_pass_pc_family_share/ if you want to try it)

I feel it's this kind of game, where the millisecond reaction time doesn't matter as much, where Xcloud truly shines. Allows me to have a full enjoyable experience very easily with the only drawback that Im playing on a tiny screen.

Can't wait for Xcloud to release on PC. I have a few laptops laying around and it would be a great substitute to the old-school lan parties I miss so much. Pay 10 bucks to have a Halo lan party with my friends? O yea.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
These are my impressions after around 2 months of solid testing (I wonder if MS actually read or ever answers to sent feedback, I sent a ton inside the app but never got a reply).

Used a Samsung S8 + I had because I've been invited on Android, even if I'm an iOS guy and can't wait for the whole service to be officially out everywhere (so iOS, Android, possibly PC and Smart TVs as well)
My configuration is:

Samsung S8 +
XBOX One controller with a clip (I had it since iOS 13 supported it last year)
Network: tested with my home one (110/30 Mb and recent weeks a 50/30 Mb). 5 Ghz only connection (make a network just for it).

I'm super impressed with the service, it works really good.
Actually as my actual network is really good (after years of crappy ones) it really feels like you have an actual XBOX ONE inside your phone, which is mind blowing even after all these hours.
I knew cloud services worked very well for me because I was already a GeForce Now founder (which is technically impressive as well, put over 100 hours of Destiny 2 and many more games there) but xCloud with its Gamepass/Netflix like formula it's the best for me (immediately bought Gamepass PC after trying xCloud just because even if I don't play much on my PC).
xCloud is the service I'll get when it will be officially out, with GeForce Now as a backup for games I really want to play...even if I must say Gamepass has so many games including recent ones I don't know if I'll ever find time to play something else.

I was able to fully complete and utterly enjoy these games on mobile:

Gears of War 5
Shadows of the Tomb Raider
Mark of the Ninja
Halo 5
Ori and the Blind Forest

I'm now well into Ori and the Will o Wisps (masterpiece)

Played many many more available games as well.

The graphics on mobile of those games is simply unbelievable (even compared side to side to their original counterparts). It's hard to explain, but some games are just (even more) jaw dropping on the oled mobile screens.
Like Ori and the Blind Forest, Gears of War 5 or Tomb Raider.

Another huge plus is that these services don't even make a dent in battery usage (certainly a LOT less than native games). You can play Gears 5 for literally hours and hours and still have almost all battery available.

Of course there are many caveats and restrictions with stream services, but if it works as intended, it works gloriously well (I'm still incredulous sometimes).
Sure, on peak times (like mid evenings) sometimes there are networks hiccups but I would say I could play perfectly and without ANY issue well over 90 percent of the time (probably more...but I had some days without internet and almost went mad, I was at the end of Gears 5).
I play almost all single player games, but I was able to play some Gears 5 mp as well.

Actually it works so well that I've noticed no lag or problems even when wife/son are concurrently playing Fortnite or streaming Netflix.

Great service, great games selection, probably incredible value (if rumors are true about it being included/tied with Gamepass).

Things I can't wait for:

1) The service finally out of beta letting me use my Gamepass and all my games that aren't included now....including Witcher 3, RDR2, No Man's Sky (soon), Gears of War Tactics (hopefully soon, love the game but my PC struggles)....
2) The client everywhere (PC and Smart TVs, at 1080p, even with slightly higher requirements).

Things I've noticed (probably not all specific for xCloud).

1) Many games sync saves between console and PC Gamepass, but not all. Would be cool if all did.
2) Probably impossibile now, clearly many games are not meant for smaller screens...would be cool a global UI fonts setting (maybe for future years games?). Games per se are playable and enjoyable, but some have impossible tiny writings (despite a lot of space around).
3) Some games are just meant for touch controls (like card games or boardgames-like), would be cool if just for those they could be activated (I'm ok with the vast majority, starting with FPS, requiring a controller).
4) Mouse and keyboard support for recent iPads would be cool too.

Just my 2 cents.

I knew about steaming service since long (I had one embedded in my Samsung TV years ago, can't even remember the name, where my son played the Lego games) but now they are a real widespread thing and here to stay.
Among the competitors xCloud if my favorite one, hands down, and my service of choice whenever it will be fully commercially available.
Almost tied with Geforce Now (which works incredibly well but I don't have a big Stream library and a bit cautious to buy games specifically for it right now for obvious reasons). Stadia is technically impressive but a no for me (re buying the games? Nope).

Hopefully not too long before the service goes up worldwide out of beta.

Just wanted to say thanks for your impressions :-) It's always gratifying seeing people enjoy what we've been working on for a while.

We are also absolutely looking at every piece of feedback which gets filed. But there's a lot of it since there are hundreds of thousands of testers like yourself, so it's not feasible for us to respond to it. But we have regular reviews for the whole team where we just pore over all the feedback, see what future work we have planned which would address it, or shift around our priorities if anything notable starts trending.

So keep the feedback coming! It's invaluable.

Yesterday I was able to play with my wife Sea of Thieves both next to each other (she was on PC I was on Xcloud) and it worked SO WELL.
We simply family shared gamepass on PC and it worked fantastic (https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comments/c0eswn/xbox_game_pass_pc_family_share/ if you want to try it)

I feel it's this kind of game, where the millisecond reaction time doesn't matter as much, where Xcloud truly shines. Allows me to have a full enjoyable experience very easily with the only drawback that Im playing on a tiny screen.

Can't wait for Xcloud to release on PC. I have a few laptops laying around and it would be a great substitute to the old-school lan parties I miss so much. Pay 10 bucks to have a Halo lan party with my friends? O yea.
Just a note that I don't think family sharing is required for this, since all the games are currently free to play in the xCloud Preview without Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold. But yeah, couch co-op Sea of Thieves like this is so much fun.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Just a note that I don't think family sharing is required for this, since all the games are currently free to play in the xCloud Preview without Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold. But yeah, couch co-op Sea of Thieves like this is so much fun.

Unfortunately it is since the account I got approved for Xcloud and my Gamepass account are the same. So I had to make her a Microsoft account, xbox gamertag, add her to my family, etc... I tried without doing it and it doesn't let me use the same account.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Just wanted to say thanks for your impressions :-) It's always gratifying seeing people enjoy what we've been working on for a while.

We are also absolutely looking at every piece of feedback which gets filed. But there's a lot of it since there are hundreds of thousands of testers like yourself, so it's not feasible for us to respond to it. But we have regular reviews for the whole team where we just pore over all the feedback, see what future work we have planned which would address it, or shift around our priorities if anything notable starts trending.

Pitta has very similar experiences to me, it seems (I shared those a while ago here). I was really happy when you folks at Xbox also thanked me last time for my feedback and impressions. I can feel you guys want to get this just right. Think xCloud will be perfect for me when travelling in the future. I think my go-to solution will be playing on a tablet (without the clip) so I do hope 1080p eventually will be the norm (and that would absolutely be enough!). I do think a tablet screen size would be awesome for most games even when fonts are smaller etc. Just have an iPad currently though so I figure that might take a while...

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy

Cool, didn't know there was a dev here!
Thanks for your work, must say that xCloud is really the streaming service I was hoping for.
I know some will always criticize parts of it (not 4K? No 120 FPS? Outrage!) but imho it's really the best one out there overall.
So your work is greatly appreciated here (except my wife but that's another story)., thanks!

The app doesn't give you any feedback when you send impressions/bug/suggestion...would be useful if it did.
I obviously didn't expect an answer/mail but a feedback in the app that the message was sent would be useful imho.

Back playing!!!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since yesterday I can't stream dmc5. Failed to start the stream I don't own the game. What's this issue ?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As OneCast isn't working with razer kishi or usb controller I installed preview program. Streaming is great from my console. Hopefully we can do 1080p sometimes or I'm missing the settings ? OneCast can go 1080p60

uTKWCu5_d.jpg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feeling lonely lol. I understand why Xbox streaming needs a beta OS. There is a new « power » mode with it

the Xbox can turn on with local streaming but there is no light on the system. It's like an avances always connected mode now

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Just finished an end to end play through of crackdown 3 via xcloud. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, Wi-Fi gaming isn't perfect. Yes I experienced drop outs from time to time. Yes I wish Bluetooth audio didn't lag and the occasional cast to a tv was less awful. But would I pay for this service? Absolutely. When it gets rolled out it fits perfectly into how I play games now.

Now we just need a phone holder, controller hybrid that is also a wallet!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
After messing around with sideloading the apk on a MiBox, headaches with Samsung Dex on my PC I decided to just plug my phone into my PC with an USB-C/HDMI adapter I had picked up for the Nintendo switch...and it works perfectly from my Galaxy S9.

So much wasted time lol

As I got rid of my XB1 at the start of the gen, once Gamepass rolls out on xcloud next month it is like I have a new console

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Tried this on 4G in a field, tens of kilometres away from a city. It's amazing to just sit in the middle of nowhere and play Sea of Thieves.

The experience really varies though, sometimes it's perfectly playable and other times it's a glitchy mess. Wonder if 5G will improve this. That should be rolling out here very soon.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
My family ditched me and went to the cottage as I have to work, SoT is why I have been trying to make all this work on my TV. I am not a huge fan of playing on a 5" screen for most games that were not designed for it

Yeah, looking forward to the Windows 10 app. Some games really don't work on a small screen. I can play SoT cuz I'm used to the controls and UI.. but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Screen mirroring the phone to my android TV device introduces very perceptible lag but in some games that's fine. The output Res is capped at 720 though and the mirrored quality is abysmal. Looking forward to when it can be streamed to larger screens in a better resolution.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
After messing around with sideloading the apk on a MiBox, headaches with Samsung Dex on my PC I decided to just plug my phone into my PC with an USB-C/HDMI adapter I had picked up for the Nintendo switch...and it works perfectly from my Galaxy S9.

So much wasted time lol

As I got rid of my XB1 at the start of the gen, once Gamepass rolls out on xcloud next month it is like I have a new console
I wish they would just hurry up and release the Windows client. I feel like it's been forever since they announced XCloud and started the Android beta

Oct 24, 2019
Since I don't know much about Xcloud, maybe someone here can answer a couple questions for me?

Would I be able to use Xcloud to stream games directly to my smart tv? I'm not interested in gaming on my phone, but would definitely be tempted if it was possible to stream stuff to my tv without a console.

Also, would I have to get an Xbox controller? Or could I sync my PlayStation controller with Xcloud somehow?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So much wasted time lol

Oh lucky you. I just got a usb c to HDMI cable and it works on my monitor for my computer but not my phone(despite my phone supposedly supporting it). That's a pretty awesome way to get the functionality though. There's like no point buying an Xbox digital edition if a person's internet is good enough and they have the games they want on xcloud

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh lucky you. I just got a usb c to HDMI cable and it works on my monitor for my computer but not my phone(despite my phone supposedly supporting it). That's a pretty awesome way to get the functionality though. There's like no point buying an Xbox digital edition if a person's internet is good enough and they have the games they want on xcloud
Exactly : )

I have great internet and Stadia, GeForce Now and xCloud put me on team streaming lol

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I really want to see how it is on PC. Playing modern games on a laptop, especially a thin one, is painful with the lagginess, heat, and fan noise.

When my work required me to travel all the time, I realized that the most boring place on Earth is a hotel room during a business trip. Being able to just pack in a controller and be able to continue my game progress would be amazing.

Since I don't know much about Xcloud, maybe someone here can answer a couple questions for me?

Would I be able to use Xcloud to stream games directly to my smart tv? I'm not interested in gaming on my phone, but would definitely be tempted if it was possible to stream stuff to my tv without a console.

Also, would I have to get an Xbox controller? Or could I sync my PlayStation controller with Xcloud somehow?

Most smart TVs are linux based like Android, I believe. So I would assume that it should be easy to port over, but it will need an update which I'm guessing requires technical handshaking between the xcloud API and the TV manufacturers QA team. As far as whether you're TV is capable, yeah definitely it should be. It's probably the same amount of processing power as youtube or netflix, it's all just high resolution video beaming out over the internet.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Most smart TVs are linux based like Android, I believe. So I would assume that it should be easy to port over, but it will need an update which I'm guessing requires technical handshaking between the xcloud API and the TV manufacturers QA team. As far as whether you're TV is capable, yeah definitely it should be. It's probably the same amount of processing power as youtube or netflix, it's all just high resolution video beaming out over the internet.
I was previously using xcloud by sideloading the apk to my Mibox 3, so it is probably doable on a smart tv that allows side loading.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I was previously using xcloud by sideloading the apk to my Mibox 3, so it is probably doable on a smart tv that allows side loading.

I tried to get it working on s mibox 3 but it was very laggy, tonnes of WiFi issues. Did it work for you?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be disappointed if this isn't on iPhone in September
I feel like if it wasn't going to be on iPhone in September, they would've said so. They would've said something like "Launching on Android and Windows 10 devices in September 2020", or something of the like.

We'll find out soon enough!

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I don't want to be the bringer of bad news (I'm an iOS guy myself) but while the official XBOX faq menrions mobile and tablets, the official Bungie Destiny 2 FAQ about the fact the game is coming to Gamepass with all DLCs specifically mentions that Gamepass Ultimate users will be able to play the game on their ANDROID devices, with no mention of iOS.

So while I hope, I'm a bit skeptical.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt it will be on iOS at launch. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't get disappointed. Apple's policies are still too restrictive.

In other news, has anyone else noticed a huge improvement to latency over the last few months? I'm at my parent's house with much worse internet than my place, but I've found the input lag to be borderline not noticeable when playing recently. This is on like a 20-30 mb connection with iPad. I can hold my own in Halo online pretty well - was pleasantly surprised.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I don't want to be the bringer of bad news (I'm an iOS guy myself) but while the official XBOX faq menrions mobile and tablets, the official Bungie Destiny 2 FAQ about the fact the game is coming to Gamepass with all DLCs specifically mentions that Gamepass Ultimate users will be able to play the game on their ANDROID devices, with no mention of iOS.

So while I hope, I'm a bit skeptical.

It wont be on iOS in September. Apple's not playing nice with streaming platforms. Probably they want a cut of subscription revenue or something.

I'd hope the Congressional hearings that just concluded forces Apple and others to be more open.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, has anyone else noticed a huge improvement to latency over the last few months?

Huge improvement imo. I was surprised. I tried in 3-4 months ago and again 2 nights ago. The input lag was much better - and overall it was a more Responsive experience.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Huge improvement imo. I was surprised. I tried in 3-4 months ago and again 2 nights ago. The input lag was much better - and overall it was a more Responsive experience.
Ok, this is validating haha. Glad it's not just me! It got me really hyped for the launch as I might not be somewhere with a console once Infinite comes out, but knowing I'll be able to get a decent experience on xCloud is exciting.

Now the question is if it doesn't launch on iOS, what's a good Android tablet option? I've been looking at the Galaxy Tab A 10"...

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to make a mic work with xCloud?

I was feeling really bad as a guy was being super helpful with me in Sea if Thieves and I had no way to communicate.

Tried putting a mic in the Xbox controller, in my phone, using the built in one in phone. No luck

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I just tried the newly introduced touch controls (no controller required) with Senua Hellblade, which incidentally was the game I was playing already (midway I guess).

After some tweaking to move the joysticks they worked surprisingly well (disclaimer, I play with touch controls since years so I'm accustomed to it and would say very good at them....heck I completed BC5 in Dead Cells with touch controls).
I even just beat a fight that blocked me some days ago when I used the controller.

It's a really nice addition: while I can't see myself completing 'button heavy' games like Gears 5 with touch controls, not to mention playing multiplayer, it's very welcomed and I can see a lot of use in specific games, especially the less frantic ones.
For instance playing Gears Tactics so would be epic. (Not with double joysticks of course, but with direct or relative touch).

I submitted some suggestions, including a transparency setting or a 'no clutter' preset. After a while you know where to put your thumbs with touch controls, so those added UI is not needed (or not so clear anyway).

Overall I'm really impressed, even more considering they are adding this on top of really diverse and certainly not made for touch overlay games.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just tried the newly introduced touch controls (no controller required) with Senua Hellblade, which incidentally was the game I was playing already (midway I guess).

After some tweaking to move the joysticks they worked surprisingly well (disclaimer, I play with touch controls since years so I'm accustomed to it and would say very good at them....heck I completed BC5 in Dead Cells with touch controls).
I even just beat a fight that blocked me some days ago when I used the controller.

It's a really nice addition: while I can't see myself completing 'button heavy' games like Gears 5 with touch controls, not to mention playing multiplayer, it's very welcomed and I can see a lot of use in specific games, especially the less frantic ones.
For instance playing Gears Tactics so would be epic. (Not with double joysticks of course, but with direct or relative touch).

I submitted some suggestions, including a transparency setting or a 'no clutter' preset. After a while you know where to put your thumbs with touch controls, so those added UI is not needed (or not so clear anyway).

Overall I'm really impressed, even more considering they are adding this on top of really diverse and certainly not made for touch overlay games.
How did you get the touch controls to work? When I start Hellblade via xcloud it asks me for a controller...

Edit: Looks like my app wasn't updated properly.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I heard about the touch controls. Did they already patch in that new interface where the controls disappear during cutscenes. That sounds like a great addition that would be nice for the majority of games. I don't know if it's feasible to go back and add it in old games but I hope all new story based games going forward include that function during their cutscenes

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
How did you get the touch controls to work? When I start Hellblade via xcloud it asks me for a controller...

Edit: Looks like my app wasn't updated properly.

I guess the app updated itself.
The app is different...Iget new graphic for the 'rocket' loading screen, it's much faster in loading, and at the top there is a big icon with 'try Senua with touch controls' or something like that.

I heard about the touch controls. Did they already patch in that new interface where the controls disappear during cutscenes. That sounds like a great addition that would be nice for the majority of games. I don't know if it's feasible to go back and add it in old games but I hope all new story based games going forward include that function during their cutscenes

I have yet to encounter a cutscene but I guess it's per game basis....
I've read Gears 5 devs will updated the game so.

Played more and it's quite magical, even more than before.
Now you really can just get your phone out of your pocket and JUST PLAY.
It won't work that well with all games, but I can see myself using it for many, including the less button heavy/frantic more explorative FPS (not to mention all turn based games, cards games' boardgames....).

Can't wait for xCloud to be finally officially out with all Gamepass offering.
I wish they would allow beta testers to just pay and use it already!!!