• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They have a target for devs. It's not like the platform is completely free of constraints and at scale, it's not like they would be able to allocate all that hardware without a ton of queuing to play a game. This isn't some magical place where they can just spin up more GPUs and CPUs.

Being able to tap into multiple GPUs likely won't be seen for years as they expand their available hardware.
I bet you the first exclusive games they show will take advantage of server stacking in some way

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Finally got a chance to try this out last night only to discover that the Elite controllers don't have Bluetooth, I didn't realise that.

Managed to find the original controller that came with the X so going to give it another try this evening.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Really weird l, tried at home again and SoT was way worse than last week, very laggy and unplayable.

then I load up Halo 5 again and it's fine tho maybe a little heavier than last week.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
That's only a timed exclusive it's not made from the ground up for stadia

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I got my invite today 😁.

First impression is my input lag is noticable, which is to be expected but I was hoping it was a little better than I'm experiencing.

This is definitely something I would use away from home on a trip, or stuck somewhere with nothing to do. It's completely serviceable for what it is.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got my invite today 😁.

First impression is my input lag is noticable, which is to be expected but I was hoping it was a little better than I'm experiencing.

This is definitely something I would use away from home on a trip, or stuck somewhere with nothing to do. It's completely serviceable for what it is.
Echoes my exact same experience. I picked Killer Instinct to test, because I as a hardcore fighting game player, I would be able to notice the input lag on here and it's really noticeable. Tried the 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ bands and only 5GHZ was worth using. I would even say the 5GHZ is unplayable considering you need precise inputs. Didn't give Halo/Gears a shot even though I feel those would be good to stream and playable. I couldn't access streaming from console, which I hope would work awesome.

Also it was a pain in the ass to get the bluetooth controller to sync to phone. It wouldn't pair, the solution was to update the controller via Xbox

I wonder if my old Motorola phone just doesn't have a fast wifi chip now. Because I've seen some people say it's literally great and lag unnoticeable.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I got an invite yesterday as well. I'm quite impressed with the performance of this, even moreso than with GeForce Now, which I've experimented with a bunch on various devices. It definitely has the advantage on the ease-of-use front from a phone.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I played a bit of Halo. On my 2.4Ghz network, it was definitely crappy. It was much better on 5.0 Ghz. Still felt a bit weird. Occasional hitches, just often enough to remind you that it's not local.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Wasn't sure if I was able to talk about this. Got my invite and played Halo 5 and KI. Where can you get one of those clips to mount your phone to the controller?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
What's the cheapest compatible android tablet I could get for this? I'm in the market for an extra screen but I may jump on this now that the beta is available to insiders.

Scott x 2

Oct 27, 2017
How does console streaming work? Do you need to have your console on and is it only possible on the same network? Or are you able to leave the console off and play while at work?
At the very least the console must be on, but I'm not sure if you can connect from another network.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Xcloud is everywhere.
Didn't they say that they were going to allow you to remote stream your console off network? I thought this was going to be it, but is that not the case? I did through the PC app via VPN, I suppose I can do the same through phone, but I was hoping that I wouldn't need to and remote play would just work.

*edit

The article on https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/10/29/xbox-console-streaming-preview-starts-today/ mentions him playing Slay the Spire remotely during lunch. Are you sure this is local network only? I know that is how it used to be.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like I didn't read everything through.

There is still an xCloud beta that allows you to stream without a console and the only games you can stream are KI, Gears 5, Halo and Sea of Thieves.

A new beta started for Console streaming exclusive to Xbox Insiders. This lets you stream Xbox One and Xbox Game Pass games that are installed on your console. Your system needs to be on instant on mode and connected to the internet. You cannot stream backwards compatible games at this time.

In both instances, your mobile device can be WiFi or Cellular as long as it is capable of 10 Mbps-down / 4.75 Mbps-up bandwidth.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
It looks like I didn't read everything through.

There is still an xCloud beta that allows you to stream without a console and the only games you can stream are KI, Gears 5, Halo and Sea of Thieves.

A new beta started for Console streaming exclusive to Xbox Insiders. This lets you stream Xbox One and Xbox Game Pass games that are installed on your console. Your system needs to be on instant on mode and connected to the internet. You cannot stream backwards compatible games at this time.

In both instances, your mobile device can be WiFi or Cellular as long as it is capable of 10 Mbps-down / 4.75 Mbps-up bandwidth.

Ok, so this still works remotely? That would be awesome

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The site summarizing both xCloud and Console Streaming is here:

www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) | Xbox

Get a first look at Xbox Game Streaming. Stream your favorite Xbox games from the cloud or console straight to your Android phone or tablet.

Has helpful info for anyone trying to figure out the difference between then.

Console streaming doesn't require an invite to Project xCloud, so the invites people are talking about in this thread aren't needed to start trying out console streaming.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The console streaming to a device in my home is fantastic. Can't wait to try it at work